Pain in lower right abdomen - what is it?

Strongbad

I've been having this slight pinching pain sensation on lower right abdomen a few weeks ago, but now it's constant and it hurts more. It hurts when I sit, it hurts on every walking step I take. It's getting worse and I'm worried that something is damaged in that area.

To be specific, it's on the very lower right abdomen, maybe about 2 inches above-and-right of the genital area.

Any help is appreciated!

honeybee

It could be your appendix. I had appendicitis about 5 years ago and that's where the pain was.

tara

Consider getting a physical examination? If it was me, I'd be getting a dr's opinion for something that was hurting all the time that I don't understand. You can then decide if you want to follow dr's advice. If it's appendicitis or something else serious, the sooner you find out, the more time you have to figure out options.
I guess you've ruled out hernia?

narouz

Could be your appendix.
Don't mess around with that.
Get thee to a doctor.
I had an appendicitis about 3 years ago.

On the other hand,
check out bigpeatowski's thread.
See had pains in just that area,
and she has no appendix.

Sounds to me like it's your appendix (speaking from my own experience). If I had it to do over again, I would go to the doc and get some antibiotics BEFORE it ruptured....then change up diet and lifestyle pronto. :2cents

OP
Strongbad

Strongbad

Well turns out it's trapped gas due to long month+ of constipation from Peating (only eating carrots as fiber-based food), so I upped my fiber intake and include more root-based vegetables like onions, garlic and cucumber. It solved the problem.

honeybee

That's good news. Appendicitis sucks.

Hey Strongbad, despite how much fiber is vilified, my (somewhat similar) personal experiences lately have had me incorporate more back into my diet.

BingDing

I agree with that, oxi. In that great interview that aquaman transcribed Ray talked a lot about transit time and kind of implied that sluggish transit is common and so bacteria have a chance to cause endotoxin problems. When I was eating a lot of soluble fiber there was no such thing as slow transit time. The fiber and starch question is the biggest outpoint about RP for me, I can't resolve it.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals