Thyroid questions and theories....

aliciahere

Hey Everybody,

I have some questions and theories about my thyroid right now and I wanted to pass them by everybody. I'm pretty new to the RP world, like so many others coming from Paleo. I've been trying to incorporate RP into my diet for about two weeks now.

I was diagnosed hypothyroid in my early 20's, and celiac this past April. I was diagnosed celiac after a horrible gluten challenge that really messed me up. In particular one thing that has happened that has not gone away is swelling and pain and ache-ness around my thyroid. What is a bit odd about this is I have had an ultrasound (in May) and while my thyroid is atrophied, it visibly sticks out on my throat. If it's atrophied, why would it stick out? It's like I have a large lump on my throat in the shape of a butterfly :shock: The area around my thyroid is very sensitive, and tender and sometimes painful. Sometimes my muscles in my neck are achy. Sometimes the inside of my throat is sore, but most of the time it appears that my trachea is very tender, both below my thyoid and above it. The area around my saliva gland is also very tender and the texture of the tissue seems *squishy*, like it's damaged. My naturopath thinks that it's my lymph nodes that are causing the pain, due to an old infection. The lymph nodes were also included in the ultrasound and didn't appear to be enlarged or inflamed. Thyroid bloodwork is quite normal, my last TSH: 0.83, FT3 and FT4 all within range. I still do have hypothyroid symptoms (low temps, low libedo, etc...). I do suspect that I am estrogen dominant (last bloodwork - Prolactin: 12.0 (<25); Progesterone: 2.4 (they don't have a range for mid-cycle); LH: 11.8 (30-100); Estradiol: 1345 (550-1950). I'm gonna get tested again at the beginning of November.

Theories/questions:

- My hypothyroid is auto-immune related. While I've been diagnosed with Hashimoto's, I actually suspect I have the Ord's variant, as I've never had a goiter, and never been Hyper.
- With RP's theory on auto-immune thyroid issues, he believes that the antibodies are carting away damaged tissue, correct? If it's not the antibodies causing the damage - what is causing the damage to the thyroid? Is it considered to be inflamed due to hormone imbalance? Why is it visible and sticking out when it's atrophied? Could my lymph nodes be tender because the are then filtering away the antibodies?

Any help figuring this out would be greatly appreciated. Thanx! :D

Mittir

yoshiesque

I know that for any autoimmune disease, there is promising treatment from LDN - Low Dose Naltrexone. Safe & cheap to use. But having said that, I would also strongly consider whatever Mittir said.

Agent207

What are your anti-TPO and TG values?

Have you benn taking any thyroid medication since then?

OP
A

aliciahere

Mittir said:
post 105042 Thyroid interview with Josh Rubin Transcript
view ... =73&t=5322

KMUD thyroid interview Transcript

view ... =73&t=5560

Thanx Mittir - sorry I haven't gotten back to you on this. I did review the first article but I hadn't seen the audio file.

Agent207 said:
post 110552 What are your anti-TPO and TG values?

Have you benn taking any thyroid medication since then?

Anti-TPO: >600 (<50)
TG: <0.1 - My Dr. looked at me like I had an arm growing out of my head when I asked for this test ("You think you have cancer?????")

Throughout all of this, I think I have part of this puzzle figured out. I went to a really good chiropractor and he has been working with me - he believes that the pain/aches in my neck are all muscle related. He told me that the damage/issues that he saw in the front of my neck are typical of what they see with bad whiplash/car accidents. I'VE NEVER BEEN IN A CAR ACCIDENT ! :shock:

Working with him has certainly helped, I don't have near the aches and pains - though my thyroid still sticks out. So while one piece of the puzzle is solved, another is still here....

Last edited by a moderator:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals