NoFap?

TheSir

The issue is that some have hormonal imbalances or other underlying health problems that cause them to have brain fog and other symptoms after the indulgence however some rather than fixing those imbalances instead develop the belief that they are getting punished by spiritual powers even though there are many cases of Post Orgasmic Illness Syndrome being completely cured once the root cause was found and treated, so some mistake a biological imbalance for some spiritual punishment and such.
I'm not knowledgeable in POIS, but my suspicion is that post orgasmic illness affects everyone to an extent. Some simply are not aware of it (in the lighthearted words of Galen: "every animal is sad after coitus except the human female and the rooster"). It's completely possible to hold down a job, raise a family and live a 'good' life while indulging in daily ejaculation. The difference between celibacy and indulgence becomes more apparent when one is pursuing higher goals, such as creative expression or spiritual attainment... even extensive studying or peak athleticism.

Then there are also those who try to push the permanent lifelong celibacy type of lifestyle without considering that some people are suited better for material pursuits and that not everybody finds a usage or meaning in spiritual ideas which very often do not have much direct appliance for the daily practical life for many people.
Fully agree. The realization has to come from within you, not outside you.

I have POIS which was temporarily gone while I was sick despite not abstaining during that time
Could it be that the effects of POIS simply did not compare to the effects of your sickness? In other words, what if you sickness simply overshadowed the POIS? The stress response of sickness could well negate the post orgasmic lethargy.

Also I have noticed that many people often completely forget that one's energy, motivation, health, wellbeing and in general the way they feel is a result of their physical bio chemical cellular state and instead they seek for some kind of 3rd party spiritual non-physical explanation but in majority of cases all kinds of issues turn out to be of purely biological and cellular and physical nature.
Ah, you feeling worse after ejaculating is indeed purely biological, is it not? You are sacrificing a little of your physical body in order to pass on the foundations of your physical being to your offspring. The reproductive imperative has so great biological priority that nature will gladly sacrifice your health, longevity and wellbeing in order to enable you to keep spreading your seed. This is the gist of sexual excess, i.e. by each ejaculation you are becoming a little less of yourself. La petite mort, the little death, as the French call it. It is precisely this reality that extends to the spiritual realm: in order to attain a spiritual self-realization, one first needs to attain a vigorous physical self.

Uselis

I'm not knowledgeable in POIS, but my suspicion is that post orgasmic illness affects everyone to an extent. Some simply are not aware of it (in the lighthearted words of Galen: "every animal is sad after coitus except the human female and the rooster"). It's completely possible to hold down a job, raise a family and live a 'good' life while indulging in daily ejaculation. The difference between celibacy and indulgence becomes more apparent when one is pursuing higher goals, such as creative expression or spiritual attainment... even extensive studying or peak athleticism.

Fully agree. The realization has to come from within you, not outside you.

Could it be that the effects of POIS simply did not compare to the effects of your sickness? In other words, what if you sickness simply overshadowed the POIS? The stress response of sickness could well negate the post orgasmic lethargy.

Ah, you feeling worse after ejaculating is indeed purely biological, is it not? You are sacrificing a little of your physical body in order to pass on the foundations of your physical being to your offspring. The reproductive imperative has so great biological priority that nature will gladly sacrifice your health, longevity and wellbeing in order to enable you to keep spreading your seed. This is the gist of sexual excess, i.e. by each ejaculation you are becoming a little less of yourself. La petite mort, the little death, as the French call it. It is precisely this reality that extends to the spiritual realm: in order to attain a spiritual self-realization, one first needs to attain a vigorous physical self.
Some solid contributios mate, props for that!

I just want to add that imho celibacy is not going to lead to any "spiritual gains" so to speak. From what I read such practices like yoga, meditation, abstinence, ayurvedic diets, etc originated when individuals who accidentally had some sort of transformation were left in extremely weakend states of health. These practices came to them intuitevily and spontaneously as a way to support fragile nervous system which undergone for lack of better word - explosion. People probably followers saw that and thought whatever happened could be replicated copying lifestyle of particular sage but they got it backwards.

Explorer

I just want to add that imho celibacy is not going to lead to any "spiritual gains" so to speak. From what I read such practices like yoga, meditation, abstinence, ayurvedic diets, etc originated when individuals who accidentally had some sort of transformation were left in extremely weakend states of health. These practices came to them intuitevily and spontaneously as a way to support fragile nervous system which undergone for lack of better word - explosion. People probably followers saw that and thought whatever happened could be replicated copying lifestyle of particular sage but they got it backwards.
So that means many practices might have resulted from underlying biological differences in organisms which is what my theory was initially

Uselis

So that means many practices might have resulted from underlying biological differences in organisms which is what my theory was initially
I would guess although I can only speculate lol.

For example Ramana Maharish after change went effortlessly into samadhi for days while countless meditators spend lifetime trying to enter such state just for brief moments.

Or UG Krishnamurti writes how after whatever happened to him his fieces stopped smelling cause of digestive track changes. Not sure if that was expert level trolling though lol.

TheSir

Thanks. That's certainly possible. Still though, there has never been a great inventor, thinker, athlete, artist (and so on), from what I know, who has attributed their success to frequent ejaculation. There has, however, been plenty of these people who have attributed their success to abstinence. A question must then be asked: even if you can get away with daily ejaculation, can it ever be beneficial? It seems that, at best, the effect would be neutral.

Or UG Krishnamurti writes how after whatever happened to him his fieces stopped smelling cause of digestive track changes. Not sure if that was expert level trolling though lol.
I wouldn't deem it impossible. Changes on mental level would certainly affect the physical body. For example, patients who are optimistic about their recovery tend to experience more profound healing than pessimistic patients -- to a statistically remarkable degree. I recall reading that some have even reduced the size of their tumors with the power of belief alone. Perhaps ridding yourself of chronic negative emotions would do wonders to gut biome too?

Motorneuron

Does anything happen to women after orgasm? can they have a seizure like males?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals