Dopamine Fasting?

KenzoM

I've done a 5-day dopamine fast before, and it works wonders. However; i broke down after having 1 cigarette. Watch out, when you crack, you'll crack hard on all fronts, when doing a dopamine fast...

For those trying to do a dopamine fast, i would absolutely recommend the stayfocusd android app. Pay the the premium it's awesome.
You can set hourly limits or wait limits, that way you can still use internet for 5 minutes, but keeps excessive browsing in check.
Newsfeed eradicator for, facebook and dopamine does wonders as well.
Qustodie (free) for windows is great to restrict, browsing before or after certain times.
+ leechblock extention for chrome (only dwnside it's easy to deactivate/remove)

KenzoM

dopamine fasting is a fancy phrase for boredom.
Not really, it lowers delta FosB accumulation in the brain, which is an important biomarker in all addiction. It accumulates in the brain, i think it has a half life of 7 days.
It takes about 71 days for deltafos B to deplete in the brain, which lowers sensitization to the substance or behaviour that caused it in the first place.

pro marker

Some years ago I spent a month volunteering on an organic farm that belonged to a health retreat in Portugal. The retreat was run by a couple of nutritionists who treated people with all sorts of ailments by tailoring nutrition for each individual case. The place was isolated and surrounded by nature, and there was no internet access. Days were spent doing physical labour - landscaping, watering and such - and the food was all organic and very peaty. Meals were served on a terrace overlooking a river, with grapes and figs dangling above. ***t was amazing. I have never felt as good as I did during that time. Attention span was for sure recovering as well.
where was this? ive been looking for a place to woof or do something similar to get away from it all. ive also been to portgual many times. what was the name of the farm?

milkboi

I've been using a time locked safe for a while now, to get access to the internet out of the way for the majority of the week. I've been feeling more motivated, my thoughts are much clearer and I have a lot more deep insights, and productivity is completely through the roof. I'm planning to keep this up indefinitely, as it is improving my life massively.