My Journey To Optimal Health

I have a couple theories.

I think intuitive eating may work if you're already healthy, and devoid of the troublesome parasites, bacteria, and "lean mass" from fat, PUFA's, etc. But I no longer think it's possible to believe intuitive eating can work if you're fat and metabolically deficient like me. So, data is the way to go instead.

Just trying to understand what you're saying exactly. Are you saying we should allow hunger after all? Wouldn't this contradict the theory of allowing the body to undergo stress not being metabolically beneficial? Also, what do you mean by following the data - to hit the calories/macros you've found to be optimal despite hunger? Just trying to figure all of this out with you and in a very similar situation myself.

Most processed gummy bears have other additives you don't wanna be eating. If you make it yourself with quality foods, you can have a fair bit, but gelatin is devoid of a few necessary amino acids. I do eat jello/gelatin every day but I don't use it for an exclusive protein source.

Fair enough, thanks.

somuch4food

Just trying to understand what you're saying exactly. Are you saying we should allow hunger after all? Wouldn't this contradict the theory of allowing the body to undergo stress not being metabolically beneficial? Also, what do you mean by following the data - to hit the calories/macros you've found to be optimal despite hunger? Just trying to figure all of this out with you and in a very similar situation myself.

I think there are different types of hunger and that probably the most uncomfortable ones are those produced by blood sugar imbalances and bacteria sending signals.

OP
Cirion

Cirion

The gist of what I'm saying is that normal hunger signals are supposed to mean something in a meaningful way, but that when you're unhealthy you can likely get mixed signals that aren't clear or even misleading, due to imbalances or problems in the body, such as bacteria, parasites, low CO2, too much PUFA... etc... there's a lot of experimentation involved but for me, it seems like I have to be careful not to exceed a certain threshold of protein or fats even if I feel "hungry" for them because when I exceed this threshold, my temps,pulse go down and my weight goes up. "hunger" signals when you really don't need that food is a "fake stress" (for lack of better words) so no, it doesn't violate or contradict this theory. As long as you're eating ample carbohydrates, you should be fine for the most part.

When I say follow the data I mean eat in such a manner that my temps and pulses are optimized, and weight is going down concurrently.

I see what you're saying, thanks, man - so basically lock in the fats and protein but be liberal with the carbs.

InChristAlone

Out of curiosity do you have any root canaled teeth?

OP
Cirion

Cirion

I see what you're saying, thanks, man - so basically lock in the fats and protein but be liberal with the carbs.

Yeah pretty much. So today I decided to basically fast from protein and fats to get things back on track (but still 900+ carbs), and only had a bit of gelatin this evening and no beef. I am really starting to think there is something in protein, or at least some way that protein reacts in my body, that increases my appetite for it. Because today I realized, I had little to no "hunger" for meat, and yet oftentimes on days I decide to have beef, I have this weird unsatiable appetite for it and could eat 3 lbs of beef in a day if I wanted to with an uncontrollable insatiable protein/fat appetite. Yeah, something definitely strange is going on, bacteria or something for sure... some crazy mind games going on in my brain for sure with food cravings. Weird. The brain of a hypothyroid person I guess.

Out of curiosity do you have any root canaled teeth?

No, but I do have a fair amount of fillings. I haven't ruled out the possibilities that some of the fillings are causing me some issues, I think a few I got when I was a kid are metal fillings. I know they can't be my main problems though, because I've been healthy in the past and I have maybe had 1 or 2 more fillings since that time (non-metal) fillings.

OP
Cirion

Cirion

Achieved 98.5F waking temp today and 80 BPM pulse, nearly perfect temp and pulses. Weight did go up half a pound on the scale. I blame that on the 8 oz of beef I decided to eat in the middle of the night last night, and probably because I still have residual inflammation from the 300g protein day the day previous. But, the temp and pulse I'm happy with so not too worried about it. Just need to get these kinda temps and pulses every day, which as long as I continue to eat gobs of carbs and keep fats and protein in check I should be golden. I also had potatoes yesterday, which may have added to my inflammation. I just never feel right after eating potatoes. I think I'm getting rid of them for good. If you look at their AA profile, they are very high in tryptophan. For some reason, my home made jello seems to make me feel off too. I may have to ditch that as well.

OP
Cirion

Cirion

I am now convinced that Amino acid profiles are the last key to metabolism and weight loss that I was missing.

So sunday I gave in to meat cravings. Yesterday did HORRIBLY, woke up at 97.7F temp and felt like dog**** and also gained 2 lbs.

Yesterday, my gut (pun partially intended) was telling me that protein is absolutely the problem, fasted from proteins and fats except some gelatin, and despite eating over 1,000 grams of carbs yesterday, dropped most of the weight that had been gained from sunday-Monday and also back up to 98.3F temp and 87 bpm pulse also.

Yesterday also I did a ton of digging, and found this gem. I know that fasting from protein (specifically methionine, tryptophan, cysteine, and histidine... also ammonia) is just a temporary solution, as some amino acids ARE helpful (glycine, proline, alanine, leucine, isoleucine, phenanyline, tyrosine, ETC....) and so I started looking into making my own "lab" conconction that had all the necessary aminos EXCEPT the "Deadly 4". I found out that someone beat me to it:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07F3J4HWS/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

And BTW this is precisely the same ratio that Haidut himself uses, if anyone is curious. So I have faith in its efficacy.

I ordered this yesterday. I've sworn off supplements, but making an exception in this case. There is no other way to avoid the deadly 4 while also not being protein deficient. I now think this is one of the main reasons vegans see health benefits going protein free. They avoid tryptophan, cysteine, histidine, methionine, ammonia, and phosphorus.

So, this supplement should achieve the goal of avoiding the deadly 4 but ALSO avoiding ammonia and phosphorus because ingesting pure aminos has 99.99% efficiency and will not produce much (any) ammonia waste.

I will probably still eat gelatin because it has favorable aminos, but I'm done with other animal products at least for now.

Vinny

OP
Cirion

Cirion

This bottle how long will last?

Depends on usage of course. I think the general consensus is something like 30 gram total aminos a day roughly as a good starting point, so that's like 10 days. It's $40 total so that's $4 a day. That's hardly any money at all when you consider that you may be able to use this as a total replacement for animal proteins, and actually cheaper, seeing as how grass fed meat is like $5 a lb. So $4 a day compared to $5 if you eat a lb of beef a day (which I frequently did).

I don't go zero protein, I get upwards of 50-70 gram protein from plants/fruit and gelatin a day, so I doubt I'd need more than 30 gram aminos a day.

Keep in mind, that 30 gram aminos probably = 90-100 gram protein from animal sources or even 120g. This is because the utility rate of protein from animals is roughly 25-33% whereas it is 99.99% from pure aminos.

If you still eat animal proteins to a degree you may be able to cut that intake in like half, or something, so then 15 gram and twice the supply time.

As for dosage in one sitting, I believe that Haidut had recommended around 10 gram or so. So 30 gram would mean take 10 in morning, 10 in afternoon, 10 at night.. something like that.

Last edited:

Vinny

Depends on usage of course. I think the general consensus is something like 30 gram total aminos a day roughly as a good starting point, so that's like 10 days. It's $40 total so that's $4 a day. That's hardly any money at all when you consider that you may be able to use this as a total replacement for animal proteins, and actually cheaper, seeing as how grass fed meat is like $5 a lb. So $4 a day compared to $5 if you eat a lb of beef a day (which I frequently did).

I don't go zero protein, I get upwards of 50-70 gram protein from plants/fruit and gelatin a day, so I doubt I'd need more than 30 gram aminos a day.

Keep in mind, that 30 gram aminos probably = 90-100 gram protein from animal sources or even 120g. This is because the utility rate of protein from animals is roughly 25-33% whereas it is 99.99% from pure aminos.

If you still eat animal proteins to a degree you may be able to cut that intake in like half, or something, so then 15 gram and twice the supply time.

As for dosage in one sitting, I believe that Haidut had recommended around 10 gram or so. So 30 gram would mean take 10 in morning, 10 in afternoon, 10 at night.. something like that.
Sounds promising huge benefits, and the price is not a rip off, but it doesnt ship to Cyprus. Even would, the tax and shipping will will cost me an arm and a leg. I,d look for a similar product sold in EU.
Meanwhile can u suggest smth to buffer the effect of the deadly 4? I don,t seem to be able to drop the meat protein ATM, despite still gaining weight. I gave up so many things for the last several years and i,m afraid of the bouncing effect already. Plus, muscle protein has thermogenic effect i,m not aware with wat to replace for (no, no fat!). Thanks

OP
Cirion

Cirion

Haidut said that BCAA + Tyrosine combo is pretty good to mitigate serotonin in the brain from the bad AA's.

Also, Taurine can supposedly increase the efficiency of amino acid utility from dietary proteins.

tankasnowgod

Sounds promising huge benefits, and the price is not a rip off, but it doesnt ship to Cyprus. Even would, the tax and shipping will will cost me an arm and a leg. I,d look for a similar product sold in EU.
Meanwhile can u suggest smth to buffer the effect of the deadly 4? I don,t seem to be able to drop the meat protein ATM, despite still gaining weight. I gave up so many things for the last several years and i,m afraid of the bouncing effect already. Plus, muscle protein has thermogenic effect i,m not aware with wat to replace for (no, no fat!). Thanks

I don't think you'll find a similar product. That was put together from this post about Haidut's "Modified MAP Supplement." You could always make your own as Haidut suggested in the thread with BCAA, phenylanaline, lysine, and threonine, with optional taurine, glycine and beta alanine.

Amino Acid Supplementation For People With Poor Digestion

Vinny

lampofred

This is starting to remind me of most other people on diets aka requiring intense focus and strictness to achieve minimal results. By eating only carbs, beef, and gelatin for temperature/weight shifts so small that you can lose all progress in just one day of "giving into cravings" or even randomly due to an unknown reason, you might recover your health from 20% to 25% by being so strict, but is that really enough to make it to 100%? Diets almost universally fail, so why will this one work?

I'm starting to think the only way to transform yourself into having better metabolic health is to either move to a very high altitude location, or do drugs (coffee, tobacco, aspirin, daily high dose gelatin -- which I consider to be more like medicine and less like food). Now that I think about it, my only real "transformation" happened after a few months of drinking a massive amount of coffee daily. Ever since then, I've been stagnating. I think this diet prevents degeneration but just diet on its own without stimulants is not enough to induce growth, transformation, and regeneration.

OP
Cirion

Cirion

This is starting to remind me of most other people on diets aka requiring intense focus and strictness to achieve minimal results. By eating only carbs, beef, and gelatin for temperature/weight shifts so small that you can lose all progress in just one day of "giving into cravings" or even randomly due to an unknown reason, you might recover your health from 20% to 25% by being so strict, but is that really enough to make it to 100%? Diets almost universally fail, so why will this one work?

I'm starting to think the only way to transform yourself into having better metabolic health is to either move to a very high altitude location, or do drugs (coffee, tobacco, aspirin, daily high dose gelatin -- which I consider to be more like medicine and less like food). Now that I think about it, my only real "transformation" happened after a few months of drinking a massive amount of coffee daily. Ever since then, I've been stagnating. I think this diet prevents degeneration but just diet on its own without stimulants is not enough to induce growth, transformation, and regeneration.

The strictness will likely only be required until health is regained, at which point things like digestion will improve enough to handle more foods. That said, with how much effort I've had to use to regain health, I have no issues being strict the rest of my life if it means actually feeling good, so I'm perfectly happy to do so. Being healthy is 10000x is better than sick, so being strict is a very, very very small price to pay IMO.

But yes, I think a benchmark for being truly "cured" of hypo is being able to handle more "bad" foods and not be adversely affected from an occasional indulgence. So yes, the goal is indeed 100% recovery and not just 25%.

Last edited:
OP
Cirion

Cirion

Allright guys my Amino Pro is in... Time for fun =D

So just took my first dose (10 pills). Trying not to get too excited too quick, because obviously it's too soon, but almost right away some pain I was having in my left hip is reduced 80%. Heart rate (resting) pulse at 90 bpm too. Well above the 85 threshold for good metabolism.

I think good times are in my future.

Set it up in my Cronometer, and now I can tell I can get my Fernstrom ratio to under 0.02 quite easily. That's really great. The lower the better.

OP
Cirion

Cirion

3 days so far with stabilized weight changes (either neutral or weight lost), and just as I predicted, also stabilized or increasing temp and pulses. If I can go a couple more days, I'll set a record for longest weight/temp/pulse streak.

Noticed that taking the amino's with my coffee made me a little tired this morning. Haidut said to expect this at least at first, as that's a telltale sign that cortisol has been reduced dramatically. Hip pain almost eliminated too, telling me that I'm providing my body the protein it needs, but without eating protein. I also had decided to take a B-12 supplement yesterday, as my diet currently contains zero B-12.

As followers of my log probably know I'm anti-supplements, but the aminos, and B-12, I have to make exceptions for. At least I have very good reason to take them, I'm positive I am deficient in both, it's not a random guess.

tankasnowgod

3 days so far with stabilized weight changes (either neutral or weight lost), and just as I predicted, also stabilized or increasing temp and pulses. If I can go a couple more days, I'll set a record for longest weight/temp/pulse streak.

Noticed that taking the amino's with my coffee made me a little tired this morning. Haidut said to expect this at least at first, as that's a telltale sign that cortisol has been reduced dramatically. Hip pain almost eliminated too, telling me that I'm providing my body the protein it needs, but without eating protein. I also had decided to take a B-12 supplement yesterday, as my diet currently contains zero B-12.

As followers of my log probably know I'm anti-supplements, but the aminos, and B-12, I have to make exceptions for. At least I have very good reason to take them, I'm positive I am deficient in both, it's not a random guess.

Did Haidut post that about Cortisol somewhere on the forum? It makes a lot of sense, but if you know the thread, I would be interested in reading it.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals