My Journey To Optimal Health

ShotTrue

Hit a strong milestone that is starting to solidify my beliefs on my ideal diet and also proving to myself that 85 BPM pulse, and 98.6F+ waking temperature is strongly correlated to metabolism and also weight loss.

had 5400 calories yesterday yet lost weight, and got waking temp and pulse of 99.4F and 85 BPM pulse (after BM's in the restroom and before coffee/breakfast).

1000 gram of carbs. Carbs are most definitely the driver. Just like I thought. 190 gram protein, and 70 gram fat.

BTW I also skipped my usual potatoes so only sugar for carbs this time at night time. I'm probably done with potatoes. Sugar FTW.
I'm assuming you're not just eating sugar cubes?

OP
Cirion

Cirion

I'm assuming you're not just eating sugar cubes?

Nope, although I do have to do some things like drink a heavily sugared 40 oz drink that I bring to work (But it is sweetened using maple syrup which does have nutrition in it) to reach that kind of target. The only added sugar I get is in my 2-3 a day mexican colas.

milkboi

Hit a strong milestone that is starting to solidify my beliefs on my ideal diet and also proving to myself that 85 BPM pulse, and 98.6F+ waking temperature is strongly correlated to metabolism and also weight loss.

had 5400 calories yesterday yet lost weight, and got waking temp and pulse of 99.4F and 85 BPM pulse (after BM's in the restroom and before coffee/breakfast).

1000 gram of carbs. Carbs are most definitely the driver. Just like I thought. 190 gram protein, and 70 gram fat.

BTW I also skipped my usual potatoes so only sugar for carbs this time at night time. I'm probably done with potatoes. Sugar FTW.

Sounds great man. :) Where is the fat coming from?

OP
Cirion

Cirion

Sounds great man. :) Where is the fat coming from?

Right now just beef fat and coconut oil. I may experiment with cocoa butter later, as the user CLASH here has spoken favorably of cocoa butter (as well as beef fat and coconut oil). Mostly beef fat. The only coconut oil I get is the bit that I cook the beef in. CLASH says that beef fat and cocoa butter in particular strongly stimulate bile and forming strong bowel movements and thus flushing out gunk from your body like estrogens and bad bacterias, pufa's. This seems to be holding true for me. I had like 3 bowel movements this morning lol

milkboi

Right now just beef fat and coconut oil. I may experiment with cocoa butter later, as the user CLASH here has spoken favorably of cocoa butter (as well as beef fat and coconut oil). Mostly beef fat. The only coconut oil I get is the bit that I cook the beef in. CLASH says that beef fat and cocoa butter in particular strongly stimulate bile and forming strong bowel movements and thus flushing out gunk from your body like estrogens and bad bacterias, pufa's. This seems to be holding true for me. I had like 3 bowel movements this morning lol

Cool. Taurine (and coffee) is effective at stimulating bile formation without ingesting fats I think.

Vinny

had 5400 calories yesterday yet lost weight, and got waking temp and pulse of 99.4F and 85 BPM pulse (after BM's in the restroom and before coffee/breakfast)
COOL!

ShotTrue

@Cirion does eating that many calories provide benefit to the body? Like keeping skin healthy, more cell turnover, etc?

redsun

@Cirion does eating that many calories provide benefit to the body? Like keeping skin healthy, more cell turnover, etc?

The more calories, the more anabolism. High carb with protein to at proper ratios is incredibly anabolic in general. Anabolic to the entire body, all structures not just muscle tissue. As long as the calories are nutrient dense. I can noticeably see improved wound healing, exercise recovery, blood flow when intentionally overeating with enough nutrients. All beneficial hormones/catecholamines/steroid hormones will be elevated. Only reason this would not be the case is if you were overeating due to stress like depression or overeating to the point of severe intestinal discomfort. This tends to cause fat gain 95% of the time which can only be mitigated so much.

OP
Cirion

Cirion

The more calories, the more anabolism. High carb with protein to at proper ratios is incredibly anabolic in general. Anabolic to the entire body, all structures not just muscle tissue. As long as the calories are nutrient dense. I can noticeably see improved wound healing, exercise recovery, blood flow when intentionally overeating with enough nutrients. All beneficial hormones/catecholamines/steroid hormones will be elevated. Only reason this would not be the case is if you were overeating due to stress like depression or overeating to the point of severe intestinal discomfort. This tends to cause fat gain 95% of the time which can only be mitigated so much.

Yeah I am not overeating purposefully. My protein appetite actually seems to increase alongside the carbs. Probably because carbs and protein are synergestic to a degree like you said. it's key to keep things in the right proportions. If I were to eat 5400 calories of fat/protein and low carb I would probably gain weight like crazy for example. Hypothyroid condition probably is in conjunction with lots of injury to the body, that has to be repaired with sufficient calories. A chronic energy deficit literally causes internal injury to your body where you have been catabolizing your organs, skin, hair, nails, bones over a long period of time and these things take time to rebuild. Protein being the building blocks, and carbs providing the energy. It definitely helps to pick the right foods. Beef and fruit. Pretty much that's all you need. And some gelatin. I don't believe any amount of supplementation can fix a broken body without sufficient caloric intake. Taking things like thyroid, hormones, niacinamide, aspirin, these aren't calories and simply can't form a replacement for them. The travesty is that it's popular opinion, even on these forums, to just go into a caloric deficit to lose weight. Sure you'll lose some fat, but you'll also add further grievances to your body and further injure yourself and catabolize even more organ proteins, skin, bones etc.

redsun

Yeah I am not overeating purposefully. My protein appetite actually seems to increase alongside the carbs. Probably because carbs and protein are synergestic to a degree like you said. it's key to keep things in the right proportions. If I were to eat 5400 calories of fat/protein and low carb I would probably gain weight like crazy for example. Hypothyroid condition probably is in conjunction with lots of injury to the body, that has to be repaired with sufficient calories. A chronic energy deficit literally causes internal injury to your body where you have been catabolizing your organs, skin, hair, nails, bones over a long period of time and these things take time to rebuild. Protein being the building blocks, and carbs providing the energy. It definitely helps to pick the right foods. Beef and fruit. Pretty much that's all you need. And some gelatin. I don't believe any amount of supplementation can fix a broken body without sufficient caloric intake. Taking things like thyroid, hormones, niacinamide, aspirin, these aren't calories and simply can't form a replacement for them. The travesty is that it's popular opinion, even on these forums, to just go into a caloric deficit to lose weight. Sure you'll lose some fat, but you'll also add further grievances to your body and further injure yourself and catabolize even more organ proteins, skin, bones etc.

I am extremely curious about where I would have ended up if I just increased good calories like good protein and carbs and avoided nutrient-draining stimulants like increased caffeine, aspirin when I first started implementing peat principles. I used to never be so sensitive to weight gain beforehand when overeating though I still would gain if I did overeat for long periods of time.

boxers

Update: Been doing AIP/no fodmap for a couple of days now.

My weight does seem to be dropping. What's great is I don't feel deprived either. I think vegetables get too bad of a rap here especially from RP who throws out his leaves generally. I am eating more veggies than I have in my life, feel full on much less calories, and yet still energetic, and having weight slowly come back down.

In addition, I'm forced to learn how to cook now. Which is also awesome, not just for myself, but for example also yesterday when I had a date visit me and she loved some of my stew I made (super simple though, just threw meat and veggies in a slow cooker).

I just started the AIP diet (peaty version). Did you find it helpful at all?

OP
Cirion

Cirion

I just started the AIP diet (peaty version). Did you find it helpful at all?

I was doing that a long time ago in an attempt to lose weight after my initial run on a "Peat" inspired diet. It actually ultimately ruined my health, because it ended up ruining my appetite and metabolism. It's pretty much impossible to get enough carbs/calories on that type of diet. I felt ok for a month or two but then the reduced carbs/calories begun to take their toll.

By the time I was done with that diet my waking temperatures was like 96.5F or something. So, if you consider that helpful, then yes lol

Last edited:

boxers

I follow it and been doing quite well. I easily get enough calories, but i rely heavily on fruit, meat with a little vegetables. I do greatly exceed the fructose intake. Its basically the diet i have been on for years, but i eliminated dairy,coffee and nightshades. The diet is only meant to last 30-60. I have seen good results so far and will start reintroducing dairy, coffee, rice. Peat thinks an elimination diet is a good idea and can be helpful, thats why i started it

OP
Cirion

Cirion

I follow it and been doing quite well. I easily get enough calories, but i rely heavily on fruit, meat with a little vegetables. I do greatly exceed the fructose intake. Its basically the diet i have been on for years, but i eliminated dairy,coffee and nightshades. The diet is only meant to last 30-60. I have seen good results so far and will start reintroducing dairy, coffee, rice. Peat thinks an elimination diet is a good idea and can be helpful, thats why i started it

Gotcha. Well, I am certainly glad it worked better for you.

So, yesterday I have determined that your hunger signals simply can not be trusted, which is why the only way to achieve lasting health is the way I'm doing it - tracking data. I decided I would give in to my meat appetite yesterday and ended up at like 300 grams protein. Temps, pulses, and weight all suffered today. Looks like no matter how hungry I may feel, I gotta limit my protein to like 200 grams or so. Hunger does seem to be a lie in some cases like mine, if I still feel "Hungry" after 200g protein.

ShotTrue

Gotcha. Well, I am certainly glad it worked better for you.

So, yesterday I have determined that your hunger signals simply can not be trusted, which is why the only way to achieve lasting health is the way I'm doing it - tracking data. I decided I would give in to my meat appetite yesterday and ended up at like 300 grams protein. Temps, pulses, and weight all suffered today. Looks like no matter how hungry I may feel, I gotta limit my protein to like 200 grams or so. Hunger does seem to be a lie in some cases like mine, if I still feel "Hungry" after 200g protein.
Thanks for the above answer. Yeah, don't think the body could use over 200 grams protein. Perhaps you are missing something else if you're that hungry for protein? JW, I kind of believe the intuition aspect of satiety

Half way joking, halfway serious: what would be an argument against making a large portion of calories a high quality gummy bear or something like that?

OP
Cirion

Cirion

Thanks for the above answer. Yeah, don't think the body could use over 200 grams protein. Perhaps you are missing something else if you're that hungry for protein? JW, I kind of believe the intuition aspect of satiety

I have a couple theories.

- I'm fat... and Fat actually contains some "Lean Mass" (I remember reading this, forget where) and probably requires protein to sustain itself like muscle, so your body might be tricking you into thinking you need more protein than just the amount to maintain muscles. Basically, some hunger will be unavoidable during the fat loss process even while eating a proper metabolism promoting diet that achieves 98.6F temps and 85BPM pulses. Your body, in this theory that I have, would make you crave protein so that it can sustain its own fat stores.

- PUFA gets released inevitably to a degree while cutting fat, again even while in a high metabolic rate. Unfortunately, PUFA that is released can cause all sorts of issues. One of which is inappropriate appetite increase. There's a reason why PUFA is put in most processed foods, and also fed to cattle. It's a super easy way to fatten people and animals up, partially due to inappropriate appetite stimulation.

- I believe Haidut mentioned awhile back that bad bacteria, parasites in the gut can actually give you inappropriate signals to your brain to eat foods (like protein) which help the parasites survive because they thrive off the protein. Bacteria may be able to directly hijack your brain to inject thoughts of what foods to eat. Another reason not to trust "intuitive eating" IMO.

This is why I trust data tracking over intuitive eating any day. Your body may able to trick you, but data can not trick you. You either improved your metabolism or you didn't. Period. And the data can tell you this. That's why I started my mega-database of tracking.

It could also be nutrient deficiency, I suppose, but I tend to think it's more likely to be the points I mentioned, assuming your diet isn't one devoid of nutritious foods.

I think intuitive eating may work if you're already healthy, and devoid of the troublesome parasites, bacteria, and "lean mass" from fat, PUFA's, etc. But I no longer think it's possible to believe intuitive eating can work if you're fat and metabolically deficient like me. So, data is the way to go instead.

Half way joking, halfway serious: what would be an argument against making a large portion of calories a high quality gummy bear or something like that?

Most processed gummy bears have other additives you don't wanna be eating. If you make it yourself with quality foods, you can have a fair bit, but gelatin is devoid of a few necessary amino acids. I do eat jello/gelatin every day but I don't use it for an exclusive protein source.

Last edited:

ShotTrue

I have a couple theories.

- I'm fat... and Fat actually contains some "Lean Mass" (I remember reading this, forget where) and probably requires protein to sustain itself like muscle, so your body might be tricking you into thinking you need more protein than just the amount to maintain muscles. Basically, some hunger will be unavoidable during the fat loss process even while eating a proper metabolism promoting diet that achieves 98.6F temps and 85BPM pulses. Your body, in this theory that I have, would make you crave protein so that it can sustain its own fat stores.

- PUFA gets released inevitably to a degree while cutting fat, again even while in a high metabolic rate. Unfortunately, PUFA that is released can cause all sorts of issues. One of which is inappropriate appetite increase. There's a reason why PUFA is put in most processed foods, and also fed to cattle. It's a super easy way to fatten people and animals up, partially due to inappropriate appetite stimulation.

- I believe Haidut mentioned awhile back that bad bacteria, parasites in the gut can actually give you inappropriate signals to your brain to eat foods (like protein) which help the parasites survive because they thrive off the protein. Bacteria may be able to directly hijack your brain to inject thoughts of what foods to eat. Another reason not to trust "intuitive eating" IMO.

This is why I trust data tracking over intuitive eating any day. Your body may able to trick you, but data can not trick you. You either improved your metabolism or you didn't. Period. And the data can tell you this. That's why I started my mega-database of tracking.

It could also be nutrient deficiency, I suppose, but I tend to think it's more likely to be the points I mentioned, assuming your diet isn't one devoid of nutritious foods.

I think intuitive eating may work if you're already healthy, and devoid of the troublesome parasites, bacteria, and "lean mass" from fat, PUFA's, etc. But I no longer think it's possible to believe intuitive eating can work if you're fat and metabolically deficient like me. So, data is the way to go instead.

Most processed gummy bears have other additives you don't wanna be eating. If you make it yourself with quality foods, you can have a fair bit, but gelatin is devoid of a few necessary amino acids. I do eat jello/gelatin every day but I don't use it for an exclusive protein source.
Is there any reason you don't lift weights? I feel like this can be under utilized here
Thanks for the insights, I'll keep that in mind.

OP
Cirion

Cirion

Is there any reason you don't lift weights? I feel like this can be under utilized here
Thanks for the insights, I'll keep that in mind.

Every attempt I have made to add exercise has caused my temp and pulses to tank hard. That said, there is an experiment I haven't attempted yet, and this it increase carbs EVEN MORE. (in the context of working out). Because this is a strategy an old coach/friend did to restore his own health. However, eating 1000 gram of carb is hard enough to sustain LOL, I dunno if I can stomach eating like 1,500 a day :eek::eek:

In any case, I do plan to weightlift again once my temps and pulses have become stable. I used to be a heavy weightlifter, so luckily, a lot of my 285 lb is actually muscle. I used to squat and deadlift close to 400 lb and bench 270 at one point.

ShotTrue

Every attempt I have made to add exercise has caused my temp and pulses to tank hard. That said, there is an experiment I haven't attempted yet, and this it increase carbs EVEN MORE. (in the context of working out). Because this is a strategy an old coach/friend did to restore his own health. However, eating 1000 gram of carb is hard enough to sustain LOL, I dunno if I can stomach eating like 1,500 a day :eek::eek:

In any case, I do plan to weightlift again once my temps and pulses have become stable. I used to be a heavy weightlifter, so luckily, a lot of my 285 lb is actually muscle. I used to squat and deadlift close to 400 lb and bench 270 at one point.
Good numbers. Just curious, I myself have been under the weather so I haven't lifted in quite a while
What's your height if you don't mind me asking

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals