My Journey To Optimal Health

lampofred

Yeah having too many carbs from sugar just made me jittery and high cortisol. Starch seems to be a more stable source of calories in some respects. Also as I say, I am having to start eating more while on thyroid. Yesterday I had around 4300 calories, and keep in mind that's with virtually zero fat, so that's a LOT of carbs lol.

Perhaps of note too is yesterday I ate enough food that I lasted the whole night without a midnight snack, and I feel that had an impact to my waking temps. I know it's something most of us here know and have heard, but it's worth repeating. If you run out of glucose at night, you are going to have problems. I seemed to run out of glucose more often when my dietary fat was higher in particular. I think that is because I replaced glucose calories with fat, which reduced my overall glucose intake AND interfered with the metabolism of glucose I DID eat. Note that I single out glucose. Glucose matters more than fructose. For storage of carbs at least. So a heavy glucose meal at night (which I did yesterday) seems far more beneficial than a fructose (fruit) heavy meal. Now, fructose DOES seem helpful for immediate access of energy, so it's more useful earlier in the day. The glucose heavy meal however lets you store carbs overnight more readily. And I often crave fruit earlier in the day which seems to validate my theory. Later in the day is when I want the heavier stuff like potatoes or oatmeal.

I now believe eating in the middle of the night is bad and screws with your circadian cycles. You should only eat from sunup to sundown. If you are waking up at night to eat, it means you didn't eat enough in the day, so eat more the next day.

I really wish I had more of an appetite because glucose is the limiting factor for brain development, but I can't stomach more than 2000 calories a day. Do you just eat loads and loads of unfortified white rice?

OP
Cirion

Cirion

I really wish I had more of an appetite because glucose is the limiting factor for brain development, but I can't stomach more than 2000 calories a day. Do you just eat loads and loads of unfortified white rice?

Yeah it can be a catch 22 because you need a metabolism to have an appetite and without an appetite it can be tricky to get a metabolism. If I got bad sleep oftentimes my mind shifts towards getting sleep rather than food.

Getting good sleep, caffeine, thyroid, eating a lot of fruit, sunlight, are some of the top appetite inducers in my experience. I find it is often useful to induce appetite, and then feed it with glucose. Don't keep eating fruit after hunger is induced, because I find it just makes it worse. So far my staple starches are white rice, potatos, and oats. I have to be honest so far potatoes are hit and miss for me since I seem to react negatively sometimes to them, but I like the taste, and it's an easy way for me to get loads of salt because potatoes and salt work well together. I may start adding in things like Ezekiel bread and other sprouted grains. I am a bit bored of the diet, so I am looking for same ways to add variety like some wholesome bagels would be cool, I'm sort of craving that haha. I sometimes have pasta made from brown rice/quinoa also.

Last edited:
OP
Cirion

Cirion

I have determined that animal protein does have its place in my diet - in moderation. So I just had a few oz of beef (salted of course) and shortly after had some major sweating and flushing going on - checked my temp and it was 99.5F lol. Maybe just the salt? I dunno, but meat does seem more enjoyable to me when I have it in moderation (8 oz a day) instead of 16 oz a day. I think it was a 93% lean cut. Definitely opting for the cuts with less fat.

Also I was doing some googling and ran into an image of some hard boiled eggs and realized it looked good and that I think I'm secretly craving a few, so I may have a few eggs this week later and see how I react to them. I think the key is eating things when you need them rather than eating them just to eat them, and not over-doing it on the quantities. Historically I'd eat things in massive quantities and then swear off the food as detrimental to my health as a result. The nice thing about eating a very low fat diet is that I can eat a few fatty foods in moderation without blowing the fat-budget so to speak. Not gonna stress if I have a few days where I'm at 30 or 40 grams instead of 10-20.

Last edited:
OP
Cirion

Cirion

So it seems like the more carbs I eat (in the context of low fat) the more weight I lose. So I think I'm finally doing it right. This morning I weighed in a lb lighter than my previous lightest, and that's after having a MASSIVE (4 cups dry) oatmeal plus half an added cup maple syrup dinner last night. After cooking it was more like 12 cups lol.

Runenight201

I have determined that animal protein does have its place in my diet - in moderation. So I just had a few oz of beef (salted of course) and shortly after had some major sweating and flushing going on - checked my temp and it was 99.5F lol. Maybe just the salt? I dunno, but meat does seem more enjoyable to me when I have it in moderation (8 oz a day) instead of 16 oz a day. I think it was a 93% lean cut. Definitely opting for the cuts with less fat.

Also I was doing some googling and ran into an image of some hard boiled eggs and realized it looked good and that I think I'm secretly craving a few, so I may have a few eggs this week later and see how I react to them. I think the key is eating things when you need them rather than eating them just to eat them, and not over-doing it on the quantities. Historically I'd eat things in massive quantities and then swear off the food as detrimental to my health as a result. The nice thing about eating a very low fat diet is that I can eat a few fatty foods in moderation without blowing the fat-budget so to speak. Not gonna stress if I have a few days where I'm at 30 or 40 grams instead of 10-20.

Lol I would often watch what I eat in a day videos just to look for new ideas and inspirations. Watching vegans make their smoothies got me to make my own fruit/skim milk smoothies which was a huge game changer for improving my health.

There were also plenty of times when I would watch what some people eat with absolute disgust. It’s no wonder when different cultures would interact, they would often look at each other’s food consumption with disdain. I have a theory that the type of food people creates certain personalities, beliefs, and values. It certainly creates similar body types. I think the more unified a group of people are the similar foods they all share.

OP
Cirion

Cirion

Interesting I haven't had a ton of luck with milk and fruit smoothies personally. Or milk at all for that matter. I think milk is just one of those things you just can't handle while you're still converting tryptophan to serotonin.

My brief nearly full vegan experiment has definitely taught me we don't need as much protein or fats as most of us are led to believe. BUT now I do believe some protein and fats beyond what you get in a pure starch diet has some value, just don't over-do it, and you certainly don't need more than a small bit of fat. 8 oz of meat is continuously enjoyable on a daily basis, so I'm continuing to do it. 120 gram of protein seems to be the sweet spot for me. No more than 40-50 gram of fat seems like the absolute upper limit for me (most days I try to stay under this even, in the <20 gram range) also.

Basically I view protein and fats as the "supplemental" macronutrient and carbs as the "meat" if you will. So I still believe carbs should be like 80% of the diet. Following the whole 80/20 rule and all that.

On other news, not to go TMI but I am finding it very hard to even last a week on nofap now lol. So, the libido is definitely returning... and further verification that I'm on the right track.

Last edited:
OP
Cirion

Cirion

Starting to notice something interesting. As my metabolism is improving, my desire and motivation to do my current job is lessening. It's not so much that I'm lazy and have no energy, in fact my energy seems to be improving. It's just that I'm more in tune with myself and my desires, the blinders are coming off that I'm not living my ideal life etc. I just can't see myself doing this job for the rest of my life because I don't think it's my ideal work. It makes me realize what's actually important in life, which is not work! Sad that so many people live for the stressful workaholic life. Probably means as I get healthier I may have to accelerate my plans to do other things like write the book I have been wanting to write, maybe start some coaching... Still waiting until I'd consider myself "fully healed" though, because I want to make sure I know what I'm talking about before writing a book or coaching. It's going to take me a while to lose all this fat I gained so I have my work cut out for me lol sigh.

cindyca

Cirion your journal is so interesting, I've been following since I seem to be struggling with similar issues. Not sure if you mentioned this, but do you have SIBO? And do you think there's something else during the time that you were really healthy other than eating high carb/vlf -- i.e. were you in a relationship, getting a lot of sun?

I also used to be really healthy, until I had an ulcer or gastritis (not entirely sure if it was due to heavy drinking) and had to drastically lower my calories and eat only healthy foods with little meat. I recovered within 1-2 months, but after that I stuck with my healthy diet and was never the same again. All processed foods would make me gassy and bloated whereas pre-gastritis, I had no issues at all and had extremely high libido and energy.

I also went low carb high fat like you did (carnivore, then keto, then paleo) later to try to fix some health issues (the gas, depression, and fatigue). Fixed the gas and depression, but it came back when I decided to go back to moderate carb (this was after learning that I was running on stress hormones while on keto, doh).

I feel like the key is being able to tolerate high amounts of starch (and increase metabolism), but I can't figure out how without exacerbating the SIBO I suspect I have. When I added carbs back in, I developed psoriasis that has been on-going since September. I don't want to go down the supplement route. I've cut out gluten as I find it hard to digest, but my diet is really boring too.

So I've been following your journey to see if there's something I can also experiment with.

OP
Cirion

Cirion

Cirion your journal is so interesting, I've been following since I seem to be struggling with similar issues. Not sure if you mentioned this, but do you have SIBO? And do you think there's something else during the time that you were really healthy other than eating high carb/vlf -- i.e. were you in a relationship, getting a lot of sun?

I also used to be really healthy, until I had an ulcer or gastritis (not entirely sure if it was due to heavy drinking) and had to drastically lower my calories and eat only healthy foods with little meat. I recovered within 1-2 months, but after that I stuck with my healthy diet and was never the same again. All processed foods would make me gassy and bloated whereas pre-gastritis, I had no issues at all and had extremely high libido and energy.

I also went low carb high fat like you did (carnivore, then keto, then paleo) later to try to fix some health issues (the gas, depression, and fatigue). Fixed the gas and depression, but it came back when I decided to go back to moderate carb (this was after learning that I was running on stress hormones while on keto, doh).

I feel like the key is being able to tolerate high amounts of starch (and increase metabolism), but I can't figure out how without exacerbating the SIBO I suspect I have. When I added carbs back in, I developed psoriasis that has been on-going since September. I don't want to go down the supplement route. I've cut out gluten as I find it hard to digest, but my diet is really boring too.

So I've been following your journey to see if there's something I can also experiment with.

Thanks. I haven't verified with tests yet but I am sure I have all sorts of bacterial issues going on.

I will say when I was feeling better I was making a lot of positive life choices/changes in general, specifically getting a little more sunlight and that's also the time in my life when I decided to try to taking my dating life a little more seriously (I come from a very shy background, I didn't get much dates when I was in my 20s, and didn't get my first relationship until I was 30). I recognize that health is a holistic process, but I still believe strongly that diet is one of the biggest impactors. If you eat foods that agree with your gut, it can only help you a lot. I did get into a relationship during this process, but unfortunately, I would actually say this was one of the main reasons I LOST my health (it was a very unhealthy relationship. Unfortunately due to my inexperience in relationships, I let myself be trapped in a bad one, a lesson hard learned). Sadly it has ruined my health going on almost 2 years now. But, the one blessing in disguise is I learned a lot of good lessons - What to look for in a relationship, how to look after myself above others--even when others accuse you this is being selfish--, how to create good boundaries etc. I won't be making the same mistake again, and I won't be rushing into a relationship the next time I get healthy either. I got a little too passionate about it because I'd never been in a relationship before so it was super exciting -- a lot of firsts (Don't worry, I won't go into details lol) -- (I guess most people do this in their teens or early twenties, I'm a late bloomer lol). The other nice thing is that now I realize relationships aren't the end-all-be-all. In the past I would have been super jealous of my best friend who is now seeing someone seriously and probably will get married in the next year or two judging by how things are going now, but honestly? I'm not that jealous at all now, because I realize finally -- a relationship isn't going to make your life awesome. It certainly can make an already good life into something better, but you're better off figuring out your life on your own first. I finally became wise to this after over 3 decades on this planet. I am sure this is not a huge revelation to a lot of other people, but to me, it sure was. Better to be single than be in a bad relationship, wish I could tell my younger self this lol.

I agree that fixing the gut and microbiome is one of the keys and also a very hard thing to do. So far with my starch experiment I acknowledge they come with issues too, many of them can be hard to digest and I haven't found a perfect set of foods that agree with me so far, white rice so far seems to be the only consistently safe starch thus far. Potatoes are hit and miss, probably because its a nightshade which can be problematic, grains can also be problematic unless they're sprouted, I am going to try sweet potatoes again soon - I stopped eating them out of fear mongering about vitamin A from the VA thread that's floating around here. Sweet potatoes have usually done me good, so I think they will be OK.

I also found excessive sugars seemed to be problematic though which is why I'm trying to make starches work.

Last edited:
OP
Cirion

Cirion

So I haven't posted in a while because I don't feel I've made huge progress still. My weight keeps fluctuating up and down between like 278-285. However, I am starting to track not only food intake but taking notes in more detail to really nail down the finer details so I can finally make permanent progress. The bright side is my weight has stabilized in this range, the annoying part is that I can't seem to make headway to make it inch below 278 yet.

- Low tryptophan. This means NO milk, NO cheese, NO ice cream, NO whey. Eating tryptophan foods CONSISTENTLY makes my scale go up the next day.
- Low-ish protein overall. My goal is around 100-150 gram protein a day, the lower the better. High protein bloats me consistently the next day.
- Some gelatin, but not too much (even gelatin can be over-done in my experience)
- Low fat. Anything more than 20-40 gram fat bloats me. Goal of 20 gram or less a day. Lower the better, it doesn't take much to bloat me. I hate that Randle guy...
- Low PUFA. Goes hand in hand with low fat. Also bloats me and causes estrogenic symptoms.
- VERY VERY high carb. Balance of starch and sugars, with a little more emphasis on sugars. Many starchy foods cause endotoxin, so I'm still working on ideal starch sources. It is starting to look like well boiled potatoes and bagels agree relatively well with me. I am starting to actually like bagels. They aren't the perfect food, being processed foods and all, but very caloric dense and helps me get a very high carb intake. Grapes are my goto fruit.

Yesterday I had almost 900 grams of carbs, and the scale went down this morning. I am consistently reminded that carbs appear to be the solution as long as you are also low tryptophan, low-ish proten, low fat and low pufa, and eat easily digestible foods that don't increase endotoxin which means lots of sugars/fruits and some starches.

Last edited:

milkboi

So I haven't posted in a while because I don't feel I've made huge progress still. My weight keeps fluctuating up and down between like 278-285. However, I am starting to track not only food intake but taking notes in more detail to really nail down the finer details so I can finally make permanent progress. The bright side is my weight has stabilized in this range, the annoying part is that I can't seem to make headway to make it inch below 278 yet.

- Low tryptophan. This means NO milk, NO cheese, NO ice cream, NO whey. Eating tryptophan foods CONSISTENTLY makes my scale go up the next day.
- Low-ish protein overall. My goal is around 100-150 gram protein a day, the lower the better. High protein bloats me consistently the next day.
- Some gelatin, but not too much (even gelatin can be over-done in my experience)
- Low fat. Anything more than 20-40 gram fat bloats me. Goal of 20 gram or less a day. Lower the better, it doesn't take much to bloat me. I hate that Randle guy...
- Low PUFA. Goes hand in hand with low fat. Also bloats me and causes estrogenic symptoms.
- VERY VERY high carb. Balance of starch and sugars, with a little more emphasis on sugars. Many starchy foods cause endotoxin, so I'm still working on ideal starch sources. It is starting to look like well boiled potatoes and bagels agree relatively well with me. I am starting to actually like bagels. They aren't the perfect food, being processed foods and all, but very caloric dense and helps me get a very high carb intake. Grapes are my goto fruit.

Yesterday I had almost 900 grams of carbs, and the scale went down this morning. I am consistently reminded that carbs appear to be the solution as long as you are also low tryptophan, low-ish proten, low fat and low pufa, and eat easily digestible foods that don't increase endotoxin which means lots of sugars/fruits and some starches.

Regarding the bagels: Did you know that 100g of wheat flour has 1,2g PUFA?

OP
Cirion

Cirion

Regarding the bagels: Did you know that 100g of wheat flour has 1,2g PUFA?

Yeah, I know the bagels have PUFA, I am well aware they aren't ideal. I bought some king Arthur unbleached flour and when I get around to it will try to learn how to bake some of my own stuff but of course that's still wheat. It is hard to get 900+ gram of carbs without some really dense carb sources, and while avoiding all pufa. I love my grapes, but even a large package doesn't net me more than a few hundred calories. To be honest though, Low total fat I seem to get more benefit from than low total PUFA. I bloat up on higher fat even if its low PUFA. I'm certainly not going out of my way to get PUFA's in my diet, but just an observation I've seen. So maybe PUFA's just aren't very damaging if your total fat intake is low because you just burn through them.

I also like maple syrup (every day in my coffee) and Mexican colas. And I have two pounds of potatoes every day. Even with all that, I fall short of enough carbohydrates to keep my system humming along with topped off glucose though. Maybe I can add some supplemental Maltodextrin, like I used to do back in the day when I was previously healthy and had a very high carb diet.

https://www.amazon.com/Cytosport-Cy...ords=cytocarb&qid=1557860938&s=gateway&sr=8-3

This stuff. I used to mix it with Whey, but I'm trying to avoid tryptophan so I guess I'll just have it straight or with some other protein meals.

Last edited:

milkboi

Yeah, I know the bagels have PUFA, I am well aware they aren't ideal. I bought some king Arthur unbleached flour and when I get around to it will try to learn how to bake some of my own stuff but of course that's still wheat. It is hard to get 900+ gram of carbs without some really dense carb sources, and while avoiding all pufa. I love my grapes, but even a large package doesn't net me more than a few hundred calories. To be honest though, Low total fat I seem to get more benefit from than low total PUFA. I bloat up on higher fat even if its low PUFA. I'm certainly not going out of my way to get PUFA's in my diet, but just an observation I've seen. So maybe PUFA's just aren't very damaging if your total fat intake is low because you just burn through them.

I also like maple syrup (every day in my coffee) and Mexican colas. And I have two pounds of potatoes every day. Even with all that, I fall short of enough carbohydrates to keep my system humming along with topped off glucose though. Maybe I can add some supplemental Maltodextrin, like I used to do back in the day when I was previously healthy and had a very high carb diet.

https://www.amazon.com/Cytosport-Cy...ords=cytocarb&qid=1557860938&s=gateway&sr=8-3

This stuff. I used to mix it with Whey, but I'm trying to avoid tryptophan so I guess I'll just have it straight or with some other protein meals.

Yeah I agree, when your carb intake is that high, you need some pure glucose/starch... 450g fructose would be just too much.

OP
Cirion

Cirion

I upped the ante and ate nearly 1000 carbs yesterday. The scale did slightly increase today, BUT last night I slept the whole night through (9 hrs) without waking up to urinate, so that's a huge win IMO. I rarely am able to do this historically. Woke up slightly less groggy than usual as well. I am starting to appreciate that sleeping is HIGHLY energetically expensive, so without a LOT of calories, you won't get good sleep.

I also bought some 96% lean beef (was eating 93%) so now I can drop dietary fat even lower which should help me even more. I am on the hunt for 98% lean beef so I can drop it even further still, but that's a rare speciality item that I'll have to find at a whole food store or something probably.

Just found out that bagels are somewhat high in tryptophan. Actively seeking out a replacement asap, since I already knew they probably weren't ideal, containing PUFA also. But I still seem to do better on them than excessive pastas, oatmeal, or potatoes though, which is strange given that its a processed food and all... Maybe I'll replace the bagels w/ maltodextrin once it comes in the mail.

Some non "Food related" news but still health related (indirectly) -- Am starting to read up on early retirement and financial freedom. Going through "Set for life" and "Rich dad poor dad". Reading set for life has inspired me to downsize from a 132k house to a 50k house. I am looking at houses now. If I can get a 50k house, not only will I be mortgage free, I'll pocket 20-30k$ because I have 50k into my house in equity and my house is now worth roughly 160k so I'll get almost 80k for the sale. So live for free and pocket 20k... too hard to pass up. He's right, it's the smart thing to do. Live for free, and then pocket and save what you would have spent on housing. Which is a lot, $1300 a month for me currently. I don't like roommates or the idea of being a landlord so for me the best thing is just a cheap house I can pay in cash. He has a multi-step path to getting rich, I've already done like half the work - being debt free and 25k in liquid savings. Once I downsize, I'll follow his path to go from 25k-100k and then from 100k-1M and so forth...

ANyway, this is relevant to my goal of optimal health because to me, a 9-5 cubicle life is a prison for me. I want money and the freedom it offers to do what I want, when I want, and be a slave to no man. I have run the spreadsheet math, and downsizing to a 50k house will DOUBLE my savings potential per month and on top of that, let me do a little more luxury spending and not feel guilty for it. Right now? Spending 500$ on a tanning bed or something, hurts to think about. Spending $500 when you only have $1500 to spare per month is a lot, 33% of that month. But if I make $1300 extra a month compared to now? No sweat. Now it's basically just a couple days worth of pay. I still will live frugally, but won't let myself stop from an occasional indulgence now and then. In fact - in "Set for life" this is basically what he says. Eliminate your highest costs (housing, transportation, debts), but do NOT sacrifice enjoyment of life (entertainment, occasional indulgences) while doing so. A win-win. Funny that most people do the opposite. They'll budget and restrict eating out, going to ball games or amusement park or whatever, but not restrict housing costs. Why?? who knows. For some reason people think you "Need" expensive homes. I have an older coworker that has ruined his health living to work his whole life, and he has this same mindset. He has a daughter who married a doctor and sure, I'm sure he makes a good salary, but he's like "I hope he buys her a 650k house"... really?? Why?? A 650k house would be cool, sure, but I'd only do it if A.) I was already financially secure (aka, retired or could retire if I wanted to today) and B.) I could pay in full (cash). My parents just paid off their house and they told me their bankers were shocked on the phone to hear this - apparently, almost no one ever pays off their home... I told him my goals and he was like "there is more to life than money"... I felt like responding (but didn't) that well "there is more to life than working your whole life..." lol

Last edited:
OP
Cirion

Cirion

OK, so as I suspected, the bagels have to go. Today I woke up with dark circles under my eyes, less body temp than the previous day, and 1 lb heavier. On top of that, I've had angry bowels all this morning. My maltodextrin arrives in the mail today, and I will be replacing the carbs from the bagels with that as my next experiment. I cannot say I am surprised. Bagels are just too high in tryptophan & pufa.

OP
Cirion

Cirion

Gained more weight today, but I had a better waking temp and pulse, and now my maltodextrin has arrived so I can finally ditch the bagels 100%. I have finally also committed to better data tracking. Previously I'd just post my macros on chronometer and maybe add a quick note or two and call it a day. now I'm tracking the following in an excel spreadsheet:

-Fernstrom ratio
-Each individual AA (including tryptophan)
-Carb,Protein,Fats,Fiber,SFA,PUFA,Sugar,Starch
-Carb/Protein, SFA/PUFA, Sugar/Starch
-Glycine/Gelatin
-Calcium,Phosphorus,Clacium/Phosphorus
-Total calories, Weight, Weight change
-Temps,pulses
-Random other notes I find important like sleep, sunlight, moods

It's not only more information, but now I can make informative plots (Like say weight change as a function of calories, of SFA/PUFA, of Carbs, of Carbs/Protein and much much more). Basically, I've turned myself into a n=1 experimental study. So far I've only converted about 2 weeks of data so not enough to be conclusive, but looking at the cold hard data I can already tell it's not as simple as CICO, and that things like tryptophan, SFA/PUFA, Carb/Protein and more definitely have significant impacts. On every day my total tryptophan intake was < 1-1.2 gram or so, I've lost weight. So I definitely see a correlation between tryptophan and weight gain. I'll be aiming to bring this to like 0.6 gram which should bring me some almost guaranteed weight loss. Virtually every high protein day resulted in weight gain, but I suspect its the tryptophan that caused the weight gain and not so much the high protein per-se.

When I have more data, like several months worth and trends are more conclusive, I'll plot some cool trends here for your viewing pleasure. For now a few teasers, (& These are not yet conclusive, but early-look trends)

- Higher calcium:phosphorus ratio tends to increase my body weight (This was interesting, and only trend that seems to go against Ray's tenants). however- with a caveat. I haven't yet input a couple weeks of data for when I was drinking lots of milk. Unfortunately, I wasn't checking the scale every day back then and only temps and some pulses. I'd also like to experiment with eggshell/calcium carbonate to increase C:P ratio without increasing tryptophan (from milk).

- Lower SFA:PUFA ratio increases body weight (not surprised)

- Higher PUFA total increases body weight (not surprised)

- Calories cross-over at around 4000-4200 a day, but this includes confounding factors of days of high PUFA and whatnot. But it definitely shows I can eat at least 4-4.2k a day and not gain if diet is correct.

- Higher sugar:starch ratio results in weight loss (Cross over point of about 2:1). Not that surprised. Ray peat right again...

- Higher carb:protein ratio results in weight loss. Again not surprised. This is proven in other studies. My day of highest loss was a day of 6:1 ratio.

- High fiber makes me gain weight. Not too surprised.

- Tryptophan intake is strong indicator of weight gain if its high. Not surprised.

- Fernstrom ratio (related to Tryptophan) also fairly strong indicator of weight gain if its high. Again not surprised.

One or two of these trends may very well change a bit once I get more data. This is just a first-look. I also need to do more sophisticated multi-dimensional correlation. These are all linear correlations which likely have some confounding factors.

Last edited:
OP
Cirion

Cirion

How much time do you spend outdoors each day? And do you walk?

I go for a 20-30 minute walk at least once a day especially if it is sunny (UV index is 8+ on sunny days now that it is summer). I don't weight train or do any cardio (other than walking) currently although I am planning to give my bicycle a go on occasion mostly on weekends at the park (probably no more than 30 min to avoid fatigue issues). The park is entirely level ground so no worries about strenuous uphill biking.

OP
Cirion

Cirion

Been heavily assessing data in earnest from past days in chronometer to determine trends.
This is a separate thread here

Determining Effect Of Diet On Metabolism And Weight Loss/Gain Through Data Collection

There is one day the past two months where I actually felt really good, and I have been comparing what I ate this day to see what seems to be the cause of this. I also had a waking body temp of 98.6F perfect, and I know it wasn't stress because the feel good feeling lasted virtually the whole day.

upload_2019-5-23_14-0-17.png

What I think it is, for now, is the lack of ammonia/troublesome amino acids that come with excess protein, especially high fernstrom proteins, the very very low fat in conjunction with ultra high carb which means no randle cycle problems, and it seems like I am slowly converging to roughly 4,000 calories as the optimal point for me to intake - Any more seems to cause problems, and any less seems to cause problems. I guess this does kind of fall in line with my calories plot here

upload_2019-5-23_14-2-33.png

All my data collection definitely seems to be pointing towards

-- Roughly 4000 calories
-- Ultra high carb
-- Ultra low fat
-- Low to moderate protein, emphasizing low fernstrom proteins

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals