MPB Experimental Treatments

xetawaves

Yep. A lot. Always had it. 'Head Bogey' Lol. Lost like 70% of my hair in a few years (diffuse not receding). Maybe there's a correlation?

I feel like there has to be. Did you have it before you started losing your hair? I lost a lot of density on top in the past year and a half and there's a ridiculous amount of "head bogey" lol on my scalp

Several months ago I bought some Tsal. It seemed to help at the time but made my hair look awful so I stopped using it. I'm really tempted to buzz my hair with a no guard and then apply some Tsal and let it sit for about 15 minutes. Then see how much I can scrape off. The sides of my head don't have the gunk so there has to be a connection.

Hairfedup

I feel like there has to be. Did you have it before you started losing your hair? I lost a lot of density on top in the past year and a half and there's a ridiculous amount of "head bogey" lol on my scalp

Several months ago I bought some Tsal. It seemed to help at the time but made my hair look awful so I stopped using it. I'm really tempted to buzz my hair with a no guard and then apply some Tsal and let it sit for about 15 minutes. Then see how much I can scrape off. The sides of my head don't have the gunk so there has to be a connection.

Yeah I had it for as long as I can remember. But...I started losing my hair around age 18/19 although I didn't notice until I was 21..(my family etc told me it was just a classic 'ethnic' hairline lol)....now I'm 26 and George Costanza-esque. Oh well. I've tried TGel but I'm definitely interested in Tsal. At this point I've more or less given up - I have some cyclosporine (from China - the company is apparently very reputable) but the price for testing at labs here in the UK is extortionate...they quoted me 1k pounds lol...shopping around at different universities to see if they'll help me out. I'd apply it right now, but its just too risky.

edit: the sides of my head never had the gunk either. definitely something to look in to. Maybe its a symptom of PGD2?

xetawaves

Yeah I had it for as long as I can remember. But...I started losing my hair around age 18/19 although I didn't notice until I was 21..(my family etc told me it was just a classic 'ethnic' hairline lol)....now I'm 26 and George Costanza-esque. Oh well. I've tried TGel but I'm definitely interested in Tsal. At this point I've more or less given up - I have some cyclosporine (from China - the company is apparently very reputable) but the price for testing at labs here in the UK is extortionate...they quoted me 1k pounds lol...shopping around at different universities to see if they'll help me out. I'd apply it right now, but its just too risky.

edit: the sides of my head never had the gunk either. definitely something to look in to. Maybe its a symptom of PGD2?

Do you buzz your hair or keep it longer? If I was you man I'd buzz it and start doing aggressive massage therapy. It works, but you have to stay consistent. I don't see why that alongside Tsal treatments and dermarolling wouldn't regrow hair. That's my next regimen if I can ever get the balls to actually buzz my hair off lol

I mentioned to a hair transplant doctor that the sides don't seem to have the gunk and he laughed it off and said there's no correlation when there clearly is. The areas that are thinner on top also have more gunk. It's pretty obvious there's a connection.

Hairfedup

Do you buzz your hair or keep it longer? If I was you man I'd buzz it and start doing aggressive massage therapy. It works, but you have to stay consistent. I don't see why that alongside Tsal treatments and dermarolling wouldn't regrow hair. That's my next regimen if I can ever get the balls to actually buzz my hair off lol

I mentioned to a hair transplant doctor that the sides don't seem to have the gunk and he laughed it off and said there's no correlation when there clearly is. The areas that are thinner on top also have more gunk. It's pretty obvious there's a connection.

I buzz it all man...no way am I gonna be walking around with the Costanza lol...I wear caps and hats a lot though too, since I live in an urban area..can kind of get away with it in any situation. For me hair was just a part of my self-esteem, I don't really want it for females etc. I would love to do aggressive massage therapy but remaining consistent + putting the effort in while being cripplingly depressed is hard you know what I mean?

For sure the gunk is a factor...my brother who is quite a lot older than me, suffers from it only during times of stress..and of course his hair then suffers. It might be a reaction due to high cortisol+PGD2+calcium? manifesting on the scalp in this manner. Its soft and plyable right? And comes right off the scalp with your nail? Definitely not normal.

xetawaves

I buzz it all man...no way am I gonna be walking around with the Costanza lol...I wear caps and hats a lot though too, since I live in an urban area..can kind of get away with it in any situation. For me hair was just a part of my self-esteem, I don't really want it for females etc. I would love to do aggressive massage therapy but remaining consistent + putting the effort in while being cripplingly depressed is hard you know what I mean?

For sure the gunk is a factor...my brother who is quite a lot older than me, suffers from it only during times of stress..and of course his hair then suffers. It might be a reaction due to high cortisol+PGD2+calcium? manifesting on the scalp in this manner. Its soft and plyable right? And comes right off the scalp with your nail? Definitely not normal.

Would you say that losing your hair is what has caused the depression? Mine bothers me a lot. It's a difficult thing to accept.

It's pretty soft yea, but after a shower the stuff comes off with almost no effort. It's similar to a wax. Since you already buzz your hair, you should get some Tsal and let it sit for a bit in the shower and then see how much you can get off.

@haidut any ideas?

olive

It's pretty soft yea, but after a shower the stuff comes off with almost no effort. It's similar to a wax. Since you already buzz your hair, you should get some Tsal and let it sit for a bit in the shower and then see how much you can get off.
For what it’s worth. I have the same waxy buildup on my scalp. Front and top only.

Do you think dermastamping the entire scalp is worth doing even though it may pull out some hairs? Currently I only puncture the bald spots on temples.

xetawaves

For what it’s worth. I have the same waxy buildup on my scalp. Front and top only.

Do you think dermastamping the entire scalp is worth doing even though it may pull out some hairs? Currently I only puncture the bald spots on temples.

It's worth a shot, but imo I would shave your head and remove the buildup first.

For me, the buildup is the worst right in the front along my hairline and in the very center of the top of my scalp.

Inaut

I've been experimenting with various supplements,red light, ozonated water hair rinse and a pseudo peat diet. I have noticed some hair regrowth in my temple area over the last few weeks. I will keep monitoring to see if I can actually regain what I lost and update in a couple months or so. I have also recently added in scalp massaging while washing my hair. Something like this:
https://www.amazon.com/Rolencos-Shampoo-Massager-Tourmaline-contained/dp/B06XNPJVVK
i prefer it to trying to soften the scalp with my hands---a lot more gentle imo.

i have also been playing around with applying taurine/caffeine in gin(ethanol) lately which may have some benefit...

it's really hard to say what is most effective as mpb is multifaceted....the only good thing is I'm willing to throw everything at it and hope something works.

Hairfedup

Would you say that losing your hair is what has caused the depression? Mine bothers me a lot. It's a difficult thing to accept.

@haidut any ideas?

Last edited:

ilhanxx

Topical ketoral cream. frequent urination solved after ketoral cream. I dont see any side effects present.

PhilParma

Maybe MPB isn't exactly caused by excess DHT, but rather by its amount relative to progesterone. So DHT seems to "cause" MPB because it's there trying to protect against some damage done by cortisol--damage that should have been prevented by progesterone and DHT in tandem. So the cure for MPB would be providing sufficient environmental and nutritional precursors for progesterone synthesis. Having ovaries would be a big advantage as well.

Or maybe it's just straight up progesterone deficiency. What are the most important nutrients for progesterone? Zinc, magnesium, Vit C? Aren't most people in the west magnesium deficient, or is that just a meme that gets repeated? None of the available transdermal or oral magnesium supplements seem to absorbable enough to offer repletion. Other than an IV of Mg...or Magnoil. Someone rub Magnoil on you noggin for a few months. I can't handle DMSO or I'd do it myself...

PhilParma

Actually, if it really is progesterone deficiency, then I guess it wouldn't matter where you apply the Magnoil as long as it gets absorbed systemically.

Maybe the root cause is Mg deficiency though. Someone bathe their head in Magnoil plzthx

Progesterone

^^Interesting posts @PhilParma

Coincidentally, after careful review of my posts here, and my pictures.. hair/face looked awesome in mid 2017. I was on NOW brand liposomal progesterone cream (unscented) and also tyromix.

NOW progesterone cream is so inexpensive, luckily, bought a few bottles and will dose morning/night.

Tyromix already ordered and on the way. (on that note, I see you have a bottle for sale, why is that?)

PhilParma

I read your thread about progesterone for hair loss. It didn't seem like it was doing much for you, was it? I'm curious.

My hairline is solid, but I have diffuse/vertex thinning that is starting to get out of hand. I'm going begin an experiment of applying Progestene to my vertex/scalp daily. I wish I could figure out a way to it into a spray bottle because applying the drops is going to be difficult since I still have no much hair.

I'm going to apply magnesium oil spray to my vertex too. I don't have high hopes, but I can't give up and surrender.

My pulse used to be in the 50's. I took low dose thyroid for a couple of years. Now my pulse is usually in the 80's even without thyroid. My TSH has always tested between 1.0 and 2.0...so I don't seem to be hypothyroid anymore, and I'm not going to continue taking thyroid hormone just for the heck of it. It's not like it's been helping my hair any...

Progesterone

Sorry folks, but...

I am back on bi-estro care on hairline (1 pump is 1mg estriol and 0.25mg estradiol) + progesterone 40mg on testicles.

johnwester130

I am really interested in the idea of topical mildronate. Should work like caffeine/aspirin but also it would work like minoxidil .

I could buy the tablets and send them to someone to experiment with.

johnwester130

I read your thread about progesterone for hair loss. It didn't seem like it was doing much for you, was it? I'm curious.

My hairline is solid, but I have diffuse/vertex thinning that is starting to get out of hand. I'm going begin an experiment of applying Progestene to my vertex/scalp daily. I wish I could figure out a way to it into a spray bottle because applying the drops is going to be difficult since I still have no much hair.

I'm going to apply magnesium oil spray to my vertex too. I don't have high hopes, but I can't give up and surrender.

My pulse used to be in the 50's. I took low dose thyroid for a couple of years. Now my pulse is usually in the 80's even without thyroid. My TSH has always tested between 1.0 and 2.0...so I don't seem to be hypothyroid anymore, and I'm not going to continue taking thyroid hormone just for the heck of it. It's not like it's been helping my hair any...

honestly, I have taken topical progesterone for years before quitting. I had everything, about 5 jars from onasnatural, the idealabs product too.

I don't think it works at all.

johnwester130

@TubZy
Ginger shampoo is very good at stopping the shedding, at least 80pct reduction. I've used it consistently in june, but due to vacations etc, I'm taking it up again. I mainly use it when my scalp is oily, which happens after a bit of massage
I got interested in it, after a hair saloon visit, for scalp cleansing, they put a combo of ginger and mint paste and put a steam helmet on.

I used Sunflower lecithin first time yesterday. 1min 0.5mm dermaroll, 1200mg cap on head, and then on off water patting it. Still oily now lol..
Supposedly it's a good carrier so put miconazole cream with it.

Just got most ingredient I ordered, so far I'm making a topical of:
Adenosine, Caffeine, ECGC, Cetrizine, chromoglicic acid (Supposedly gsk-3b inhibitor, might try others, but I have ChrmA eye drops..why not) , methylene blue
I've purchased a cheap "DaoBao SOD" a common cream moisterizer in China. Contains SOD, ginseng and astragleus root.
It seems like a good extra punch, so I'm mixing stuff in. I will probably be using this mixture 3-4 times a day

I'm making another topical, melatonin, vitamin A palmitate for evening use.

I have taurine, K2, B2, B3, at hand, so I might throw some in in second topical..

besides that I'm looking for ordering L-threonate, Ltheanine, Methylvanillate, LiCl and tocotrienols.

How has everyone's experience with Defibron been? anybody do massages while applying it topically?

sorry but this is the insanity approach.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals