What Explains Extreme Body Hair/beard But MPB?

Ableton

wouldn't dhea be counterproductive?
I mainly want to try dht, but am open for a full regimen

Which androgens shut down adrenals?

mrchibbs

wouldn't dhea be counterproductive?
I mainly want to try dht, but am open for a full regimen

Which androgens shut down adrenals?

Nah, if you respect the dosage haidut talks about, the dhea-pregnenolone combo is fine.

Pregnenolone shuts down excessive adrenal activity.

Yggr

For me it looks like: in stress and hypothyroidism things like brain function are secondary (see alzheimers) and the organism tries to keep the basic bodily functions warm instead of the brain, as to concentrate on basic survival. Therefore the extreme hairgrowth on the body and loss of hair on the head.

Stress like we experience today, in nature that would be a state of extreme emergency, something like a food shortage. „Animalistic“ traits like aggression or hibernation from estrogen/serotonin could benefit your chance of survival. I think it‘s a similar mechanism.
This post, awesome.

boris

@Yggr I'm not so sure about the first paragraph, that was a thought I had when I noticed that my hair loss correlates with increased body hair (and vice versa). But that wouldn't explain my extremely hairy friends with full heads of hair :D.

I still think there is a possibilty that an increase in body hair could be stress related. Maybe a similar mechanism to stress related early onset of puberty? Increased body hair to spread more pheromones and find a suitable mate to reproduce quicker.

Last edited:

Sospian

Southern Europeans have more because of Middle Eastern DNA. Nobody who is in touch with reality thinks of "Russians,

As someone who is half Bulgarian, this is incorrect on multiple levels and would probably prompt a broken nose.

The original Bulgars migrated to modern day Bulgaria from the Russian steppes; think of the Dothraki from Game OF Thrones.

Even though Bulgaria was colonised later on by the Ottomans, there isn't any middle eastern DNA in our blood. Turks are not middle easterners...

lvysaur

Even though Bulgaria was colonised later on by the Ottomans, there isn't any middle eastern DNA in our blood. Turks are not middle easterners...
All Europeans have Middle Eastern DNA, the south just has it moreso. That's where agriculturists and pastoralists came from, and they ended up very successful in Europe.
and would probably prompt a broken nose.
Yeah, I know the truth triggers people.

PCA-and-ADMIXTURE-Analysis-for-Shirenzigou-Samples-We-projected-the-ancient-data-in-this.png

Last edited:

GorillaHead

If high gonadal testosterone will avoid balding then why do castrated males before puberty Not lose hair??

GorillaHead

This thread hits the spot on many things.

For example ive tried over and over to increase magnesium labs show it never moves up even after supplementation

U subscribe to adrenals being the cause of balding and body hair due to their affect on peripheral steroid genesis.

So the way i see it is entirely all the adrenals being the problem. So is the gonads causing the adrenals to mess up? Is it thyroid? Is it both and how?

So for those that know how.
What are the suggestions.

i saw zinc as a suggestion. What else tho

JDreamer

This thread hits the spot on many things.

For example ive tried over and over to increase magnesium labs show it never moves up even after supplementation

U subscribe to adrenals being the cause of balding and body hair due to their affect on peripheral steroid genesis.

So the way i see it is entirely all the adrenals being the problem. So is the gonads causing the adrenals to mess up? Is it thyroid? Is it both and how?

So for those that know how.
What are the suggestions.

i saw zinc as a suggestion. What else tho

Low thyroid and stress are primary reasons for the adrenals being stimulated and over-worked. Stress can be mental or physically caused (i.e. disease, virus, physical ailment) but when it becomes chronic is the issue.

5a-DHP

FWIW, I had an ex gf who displayed all the symptoms of hypothyroidsim and overactive adrenals - always cold, sweaty palms, oily forehead, heart was always pounding, couldn't handle even minor stress, severe anxiety, etc. The symptoms developed after she was assaulted as a young girl, so it appears to be some deep-rooted PTSD causing chronic activation of the fight or flight system.

Her hair was starting to thin noticeably at the hairline in a 'male' pattern, and she was also developing a coat of thick, course hair on her entire lower to mid back. When she had her estradiol tested it came back at 1850 pmol/L, which even for a women is extremely high.

Estrogen dominant, signs of overactive adrenals and hypothyroidism = losing hair in a male pattern, simultaneously developing body hair, all whilst being female. Only an anecdote, but interesting nonetheless.

Last edited:

Vegancrossfit

So what’s the solution? I can only see shutting down the whole brain-gonadal axis because honestly homeostasis always seems to win.

mrchibbs

FWIW, I had an ex gf who displayed all the symptoms of hypothyroidsim and overactive adrenals - always cold, sweaty palms, oily forehead, heart was always pounding, couldn't handle even minor stress, severe anxiety, etc. The symptoms developed after she was assaulted as a young girl, so it appears to be some deep-rooted PTSD causing chronic activation of the fight or flight system.

Her hair was starting to thin noticeably at the hairline in a 'male' pattern, and she was also developing a coat of thick, course hair on her entire lower to mid back. When she had her estradiol tested it came back at 1850 pmol/L, which even for a women is extremely high.

Estrogen dominant, signs of overactive adrenals and hypothyroidism = losing hair in a male pattern, simultaneously developing body hair, all whilst being female. Only an anecdote, but interesting nonetheless.

Thanks for the sharing this account with us. It fits nicely within the perspective that PCOS/MPB are the same conditions, in different sexes. I think it's simply the universal adaptive response to chronic stress. Same symptoms, same serum blood levels, same cause.

mrchibbs

So what’s the solution? I can only see shutting down the whole brain-gonadal axis because honestly homeostasis always seems to win.

Radically redo your life to remove all avoidable stressors while creating the best possible environment for yourself (and that includes everything like meaningful work, social relationships, low EMFs, great air and water quality, highly nutritious foods, light exposure, etc.)

This is very hard to do, and gets more difficult as we get older. The use of adaptogenic substances like aspirin, vitamin e, cyproheptadine and other products (like on idealabs) can help bridge the gap. Danny Roddy has good suggestions in his articles.

Vegancrossfit

Yeah, I’ve considered many times dropping off the boring rat race and resetting it all for a more manual job. Something that keeps me very busy all day so that I can unwind at night and sleep like a baby again. My solution back when I was single was to suck it up, be bored like crazy all day, and enjoy multiple women to bring some sort of ‘new’ to my immense dissatisfaction. Now that I’m in an objectively solid stable (read: predictable) relationship I’ve been hit with the chest and shoulder hair growth (I had none for 31 years!), whitening chin hairs, Norwood 2 (NW0 2 years ago).

Immature me would’ve dropped the girl, reading all those fascinating testimonies tell me to drop the corporate nonsense... I’ll take a look at adaptogens but something tells me that it’s a dopamine v serotonin issue. No wonders we love dropping starch around here.

Inaut

In regards to adrenals, I find nettle leaf to be an exceptional adrenal tonic. Just my 2c and it has been said to be quite effective for hair quality and growth due to the minerals, vitamins and even proteins. It also functions similarity to an adaptogen although not considering one by definition...

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals