MPB Experimental Treatments

Inaut

I am really interested in the idea of topical mildronate. Should work like caffeine/aspirin but also it would work like minoxidil .

I could buy the tablets and send them to someone to experiment with.

Curious to see if it does anything.

Kunstruct

I have seen recently two women with Male Pattern Baldness. Considering how quickly women use wigs, not sure exactly why those weren't wearing wigs.
For those who said that castration is the solution... for MPB might have to think again.

Pufa

honestly, I have taken topical progesterone for years before quitting. I had everything, about 5 jars from onasnatural, the idealabs product too.

I don't think it works at all.

Did you try adding dhea to it like ray suggests for topical hair application?

Pufa

Kunstruct

I have a friend which is in her early 30s.
She started shedding and it looks like the temples are quickly going away.
He general mood is generally high stress and unfortunately often hysteria. I do not know seems like bipolar, times seems to also lack empathy.

She did some blood work a months apart.
Turns out 80-90 Prolactin levels constantly, which is high, one could say she is breast feeding, but no, never she had any kids.
Secondly her Estradiol is 300-400, very high.
Testosterone non-existent for females, DHT non-existent.
Thyroid very good.
Progesterone to the ground, almost non-existent.

Her grandma had Male Pattern Baldness, very advanced, basically bald the way a man would be, not the Female Pattern Baldness, but her grandma was not the agitated stressful type of person, at least did not manifest that way.

So here you see via the bloodwork:
No Androgens
Very high E2
No Progesterone
Very high Prolactin

Progesterone

He general mood is generally high stress and unfortunately often hysteria. I do not know seems like bipolar, times seems to also lack empathy.

Turns out 80-90 Prolactin levels constantly, which is high, one could say she is breast feeding, but no, never she had any kids.
Thyroid very good.

Her grandma had Male Pattern Baldness, very advanced, basically bald the way a man would be, not the Female Pattern Baldness, but her grandma was not the agitated stressful type of person, at least did not manifest that way.

No Androgens
Very high E2
No Progesterone
Very high Prolactin

Yeah.

As per the link I posted, in women it's often related to estrogen, or progesterone. In this case, estrogen dominance, and very low prog.

johnwester130

Did you try adding dhea to it like ray suggests for topical hair application?

yes, i had dhea powder dissolved in a cream. it has benefits as a beauty cream, but not a baldness cure.

At the moment, I am considering a topical of Mildronate and Acetazolamide so that my hair follciles are using glucose. I don't like to use hormones that much anymore

brix

yes, i had dhea powder dissolved in a cream. it has benefits as a beauty cream, but not a baldness cure.

At the moment, I am considering a topical of Mildronate and Acetazolamide so that my hair follciles are using glucose. I don't like to use hormones that much anymore

did you end up trying pyruvate on the scalp?

Pufa

Yeah better off avoiding using hormones unless truly needed. I'm not sure but I get the impression Ray's general advices are geared towards older population

johnwester130

Thyroid very good.

No Androgens
Very high E2
No Progesterone
Very high Prolactin

this is the peat beginner guide to lower stress

Simple Newbie Guide To Peat's Work :

topically, Solban would be helpful for a female

Hmmmm..

androgens are hightening ROS production;N-acetyl cysteine,which increases Glutathion-production and liberation,
is inhibiting androgeninducible TGF-β1.
Thoughts?

Induction of transforming growth factor-beta 1 by androgen is mediated by reactive oxygen species in hair follicle dermal papilla cells
Hyoseung Shin, Hyeon Gyeong Yoo, Shigeki Inui, Satoshi Itami, In Gyu Kim, A-Ri Cho, Dong Hun Lee, Won Seok Park, Ohsang Kwon, Kwang Hyun Cho, Chong Hyun Won
BMB reports 46 (9), 460, 2013
The progression of androgenetic alopecia is closely related to androgen-inducible transforming growth factor (TGF)-β1 secretion by hair follicle dermal papilla cells (DPCs) in bald scalp. Physiological levels of androgen exposure were reported to increase reactive oxygen species (ROS) generation. In this study, rat vibrissae dermal papilla cells (DP-6) transfected with androgen receptor showed increased ROS production following androgen treatment. We confirmed that TGF-β1 secretion is increased by androgen treatment in DP-6, whereas androgeninducible TGF-β1 was significantly suppressed by the ROSscavenger, N-acetyl cysteine. Therefore, we suggest that induction of TGF-β1 by androgen is mediated by ROS in hair follicle DPCs.[BMB Reports 2013; 46 (9): 460-464]

johnwester130

my experiment will be :

50ml alcohol

1 gram acetazolamide
1 gram mildronate dissolved in

applied topically.

this creates approximately a 2% solution. I'm ready to begin

Pufa

my experiment will be :

50ml alcohol

1 gram acetazolamide
1 gram mildronate dissolved in

applied topically.

this creates approximately a 2% solution. I'm ready to begin

cool let us know how it goes. do you think eating a high glucose low fat diet would help with that process too?

Zigzag

There's one experimental drug coming developed by Bayer. It targets PRLR. They already tested it on macaques with VERY GOOD results. We'll see.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals