What Explains Extreme Body Hair/beard But MPB?

redsun

Carbonic anhydrase inhibitors are not pro-metabolic, they may help people feel better (be therapeutic) but it doesn't fix anything. Doesn't fix slow metabolism or low thyroid. How could it? Its just a drug that disrupts natural enzymes present in the body that maintain acid-base balance and if anything worsens metabolism in the long run because of this.

Estradiol

How would it be "of course" stressful? Peat has said it's very generally theraputic.

"High altitude sickness is now treated with acetazolamide (which causes carbon dioxide retention, and respiratory acidosis), or with direct inhalation of carbon dioxide. …Carbon dioxide, progesterone, and the carbonic anhydrase inhibitors stabilize and protect cells in very general ways."

"Cytomel, aspirin, acetazolamide, and progesterone all protect the liver and help to slow cancer growth."

Your source was mainstream. Don't believe it.

redsun

@minor9 cytomel is T3. Not thyroxine, which is T4. Very different. T3 is pro-thyroid and wouldnt cause the hirsutism that T4 can.
Your source was mainstream. Don't believe it.

So you don't believe it just because it is mainstream.

CA inhibitor is a patch that can make people feel better but disrupts normal acid-base balance. Why would you think this is good for improving metabolism that depends on many bodily systems working correctly, which includes acid-base balance systems?

Kvothe

It causes hirsutism which is excessive body hair growth on the face and body as opposed to hair on the head. Its because it is stressful to the body of course. There's one thing to make more CO2 naturally from consuming carbohydrates, but taking a drug to do it is entirely different.

hackstasis alert

Estradiol

@minor9 cytomel is T3. Not thyroxine, which is T4. Very different. T3 is pro-thyroid and wouldnt cause the hirsutism that T4 can.

So you don't believe it just because it is mainstream.

CA inhibitor is a patch that can make people feel better but disrupts normal acid-base balance. Why would you think this is good for improving metabolism that depends on many bodily systems working correctly, which includes acid-base balance systems?

CA inhibition is beneficial in the first place.

redsun

hackstasis alert
CA inhibition is beneficial in the first place.

I know just reading the acronym CO2 gives you guys hard-ons, but you need to understand you are just as bad as the carb-phobics at hackstasis or ketofags, you are just going in the other direction. CA inhibitors are not conductive to long term health. You want to raise CO2, there are many known ways to do it that does not include taking a drug with the obvious general rule of promoting sugar metabolism and optimizing thyroid the correct way instead of with pharmaceuticals.

mrchibbs

I know just reading the acronym CO2 gives you guys hard-ons

You got me! I do fantasize about CO2, in fact I was thinking of getting the CO2 molecule tattooed on my chest hahaha

CA inhibitors are not conductive to long term health.

Not sure I fully agree with that statement. Maybe there are already enough artificial factors in our environment limiting our endogenous CO2 production, so inhibiting carbonic anhydrase with drugs maybe therapeutic, even long term, at any rate not sure we have all the evidence to make such claims.

You want to raise CO2, there are many known ways to do it that does not include taking a drug with the obvious general rule of promoting sugar metabolism and optimizing thyroid the correct way instead of with pharmaceuticals.

Much easier and safer ways to raise CO2 indeed, fructose, thyroid supplements, even large supra physiological doses of thiamine have been proven very safe and ramp up CO2 production. I am planning on spending a month at higher altitude myself later this year if the covid-19 craze dies down.

Kvothe

I know just reading the acronym CO2 gives you guys hard-ons, but you need to understand you are just as bad as the carb-phobics at hackstasis or ketofags, you are just going in the other direction. CA inhibitors are not conductive to long term health. You want to raise CO2, there are many known ways to do it that does not include taking a drug with the obvious general rule of promoting sugar metabolism and optimizing thyroid the correct way instead of with pharmaceuticals.

Ok, surprise me, then. Show me something that substantiates your claim. One paper connecting CO2/CA and hirsutism. 3,2.1..go.

rei

This is very interesting, do you have any sources I can read?
esther gokhale has some good content on the s vs j spine "conspiracy" and sadhguru is the source for most of my yoga references. But mostly what i speak is from personal experience and these references are something i dug up after the fact as i tried to make sense of what i was going through.

redsun

Ok, surprise me, then. Show me something that substantiates your claim. One paper connecting CO2/CA and hirsutism. 3,2.1..go.

So snappy. Never said CO2 would cause hirsutism. Artificially raising CO2 by CA inhibition (in the long term with a drug) or the properties of the CA inhibitor drug itself not related to its CA inhibition could. Or it could be a combined effect. Reasoning given by the M.D. is that acetazolamide stimulates the adrenal and pituitary glands, at least when in guinea pigs and rabbits. Not really different from the accepted idea on this forum that hirsutism is due to adrenal gland overactivity.

Attachments

• PII0002939474900981.pdf
    536.8 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:

Kvothe

So snappy. Never said CO2 would cause hirsutism. Artificially raising CO2 by CA inhibition (in the long term with a drug) or the properties of the CA inhibitor drug itself not related to its CA inhibition could. Or it could be a combined effect. Reasoning given by the M.D. is that acetazolamide stimulates the adrenal and pituitary glands, at least when in guinea pigs and rabbits. Not really different from the accepted idea on this forum that hirsutism is due to adrenal gland overactivity.

I am surprised :eek: This is an interesting case report, although I could not find anything quickly that would support the hypothesis of the author. Please report back when you find anything regarding possible effects of acetazolamide or ca inhibitors on adrenal steroidogenesis.

minor9

Very interesting! The patient was also on 4% pilocarpine drops four times a day. I'd never heard of the drug before now, but apparently it's a cholinergic drug. I suppose this drug or the interaction with acetazolamide could be a cause.

Ableton

Bringing this up here:

I remember some guy here showing regrowth on some steroid regime. He actually showed pictures maybe 1-2 months ago.
Not finding it anymore though. He was claiming it was his diet though.

I remember he was having some hair on his shoulder; same as me. This points towards adrenal androgens in play.

With the recent thread popping up here stating that DHT reduces adrenal androgens, maybe this is the solution to this specific type of hairloss?
External androgens to shut adrenal androgens down, basically overriding them?

There are more accounts here of people regrowing on some form of exogenous androgens.
What do you guys think?

Of course, one could argue that we should know about this by now, but maybe only a small % of mpb sufferers would actually benefit from it. Also it is obviously completely anti mainstream.

If this idea finds some supporters here, and there is a rather safe way of doing it, I might try it.

mrchibbs

Bringing this up here:

I remember some guy here showing regrowth on some steroid regime. He actually showed pictures.
Not finding it anymore though. He was claiming it was his diet though.

I remember he was having some hair on his shoulder; same as me. This points towards adrenal androgens in play.

With the recent thread popping up here stating that DHT reduces adrenal androgens, maybe this is the solution to this specific type of hairloss?
External androgens to shut adrenal androgens down, basically overriding them?

There are more accounts here of people regrowing on some form of exogenous androgens.
What do you guys think?

Of course, one could argue that we should know about this by now, but maybe only a small % of mpb sufferers would actually benefit from it. Also it is obviously completely anti mainstream.

I've suspected for a while that a progesterone-DHT topical combo on the scalp could be 10x as potent as progesterone by itself (because they're both anti-estrogenic). Of course that scares a lot of people, but it would be a great thing to try, if DHT was freely available. If you fix thyroid by taking as many grains as you need to raise your temperature, and take loads of pregnenolone orally, that could be very effective for a lot of guys. Just my 2c though

Ableton

I've suspected for a while that a progesterone-DHT topical combo on the scalp could be 10x as potent as progesterone by itself (because they're both anti-estrogenic). Of course that scares a lot of people, but it would be a great thing to try, if DHT was freely available. If you fix thyroid by taking as many grains as you need to raise your temperature, and take loads of pregnenolone orally, that could be very effective for a lot of guys. Just my 2c though
doesn't really scare me, I have a shaved head anyways at this point. I take a 1% chance of regrowth for 99% chance of losing the rest; I dont care.
I will try something if it is not estrogenic, extremely expensive and does not shrink my ****

mrchibbs

doesn't really scare me, I have a shaved head anyways at this point. I take a 1% chance of regrowth for 99% chance of losing the rest; I dont care.
I will try something if it is not estrogenic, extremely expensive and does not shrink my ****

A progesterone to DHT combo, especially topically, will not shrink your lil buddy. And it wouldn't scare me either, but it can be a difficult thing for many to accept.

One thing which I should mention, is Ray talked about some people needing more thyroid for a while to really get things started (apparently some lady needed 15 grains daily for a couple of weeks, I know madness..). This is hard to do, and requires an affordable source of NDT, but I think it would be worthwhile, and the pregnenolone will simultaneously stop the excess adrenal production. I think to really get results (in terms of hair), people have to really do something drastic to shift "away" from the stress physiology.

Ableton

well if any1 has suggestions on products and mixtures I am all ears.
I do not really feel like making the effort right now and even if I look into everything I will not be close to as knowledgeable about this stuff as some members here.

I have tyromax and pansterone at home

mrchibbs

well if any1 has suggestions on products and mixtures I am all ears.
I do not really feel like making the effort right now and even if I look into everything I will not be close to as knowledgeable about this stuff as some members here.

I have tyromax and pansterone at home

Don't sell yourself short, you've had some great ideas and you've contributed the discussion immensely over these last few months.

TyroMax is a great product. Maybe try to ramp up your usage over the next month. Don't hesitate to go to 3-4 grains or even more until you get those high morning temperatures. I'm beginning to think modern people are much more hypothyroid than they were in the 1940s and 1950s when Broda Barnes was dealing with these problems. Any dose builds up over 2 weeks so maybe increase the dosage every 2 weeks (technically it's better to go slow, but adding 1 grain every 2 weeks can be fine).

Give it a good shot, get those temperatures up for real. See what happens. At least you'll know what it does to you. It's summer, now's the time to do it.

Maybe order some more TyroMax so you don't run out. You could order some cortinon for topical use on your scalp.

In the meantime you could try pansterone as a topical, Ray has recommended DHEA on the scalp before, and I don't think he ever had access to the much more potent pansterone. Maybe apply some coconut oil on your scalp beforehand to help spread it around. (Coconut oil is the best oil for the hair follicles anyhow).

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals