MPB Experimental Treatments

sladerunner69

I do understand the financial tricks: Spironolactone is also supposed to be taken indefinitely. I perhaps explained myself in a way that made it seem otherwise.

Would progest-e absorb properly without DMSO?

I wouldn't put spironolactone on a labrat, no less all over my scalp.

Yes it will aborb, the dmso just creates a "hyper" effective dose if you will. Just 1 mg in dmso is all it takes.

sladerunner69

DMSO is known to be a "bad calcium dissolver", similar to MSM. What if the results you were getting came primarily from the DMSO? Just a thought.

I don't have any calcification anymore since icnreasing my pulse, temps, and maintaining a calcium rich diet.

I suppose you could be right, but I get similar results from using pregnenelone, most of which converts directly to prog

peep

@sladerunner69

I read that too, but he never said it would de-calcify right?
I think truth lies in the middle.

Plenty of calcium on a peat forum often gets out of control to like over 2g / day.
Sure restricting calcium can be bad too.
But I think too much calcium would be first to store than to little?

m_arch

I don't have any calcification anymore since icnreasing my pulse, temps, and maintaining a calcium rich diet.

I suppose you could be right, but I get similar results from using pregnenelone, most of which converts directly to prog
The skin on the top of your head is as soft and pliable as the skin on the sides of your head?

sladerunner69

The skin on the top of your head is as soft and pliable as the skin on the sides of your head?
Yeah, sure. I have a lot of hair covering both but hey.
@sladerunner69

I read that too, but he never said it would de-calcify right?
I think truth lies in the middle.

Plenty of calcium on a peat forum often gets out of control to like over 2g / day.
Sure restricting calcium can be bad too.
But I think too much calcium would be first to store than to little?

Nah I think milk is great. I know a guy who drinks a gallon per day, and is regrowing hair. I drink at least 1/2 a gallon most days, and a little cheese.

sladerunner69

No offense - you don't have any idea what you're talking about when it comes to P80.

You don't leave it in. It rinses out easily with just water. It's also not what I'd deem "greasy".

I've tried the stuff, it's nasty. And anything applied topically will absorb through the skin, just to varying degrees. Ray Peat doesn't even use soap and warns that it can be a serious endocrine disruptor. When it comes to synthetic composite gels I'm sure he's not a fan...

JDreamer

I've tried the stuff, it's nasty. And anything applied topically will absorb through the skin, just to varying degrees. Ray Peat doesn't even use soap and warns that it can be a serious endocrine disruptor. When it comes to synthetic composite gels I'm sure he's not a fan...

Again more nonsense.

Other people on this hair forum have tried it and reported the same experience I did. I don't know what you think you bought, but it wasn't P80.

Dante

Good to hear.

I've been consuming way less calcium these days too. Just have a little bit of milk and cheese here and there. I know I retain calcium like crazy, way too easily. I was lucky enough to have pQCT cross-sectional scan of my bones, and they are crazy mineralized. Back in undergrad I worked for a bone researcher and looked at hundreds of these bone scans, and mine were by far the densest I had seen out of all the scans.
Have you got a mild case of osteopetrosis mattyb :) ? See this
Osteopetrosis - Wikipedia. It seems like a defect in carbonic anhydrase enzyme which would reduce the carbonic acid to bicarbonate and protons would cause less bone dissolution and super hard bones lol.

mattyb

Have you got a mild case of osteopetrosis mattyb :) ? See this
Osteopetrosis - Wikipedia. It seems like a defect in carbonic anhydrase enzyme which would reduce the carbonic acid to bicarbonate and protons would cause less bone dissolution and super hard bones lol.

Haha no definitely not. Ostepetrosis increases fracture risk, causes structural deformation, etc., because the bones need to be both dense and flexible, and I've never had a fracture or anything like that. It's just a familial thing I think, none of us ever had cavities or broken bones (4 kids and both parents). On top of that I did gymnastics and competitive weightlifting for years prior to the pQCT, both bone building activities.

RedStaR

Haha no definitely not. Ostepetrosis increases fracture risk, causes structural deformation, etc., because the bones need to be both dense and flexible, and I've never had a fracture or anything like that. It's just a familial thing I think, none of us ever had cavities or broken bones (4 kids and both parents). On top of that I did gymnastics and competitive weightlifting for years prior to the pQCT, both bone building activities.

Are you losing hair?

According to this, you should have maximum calcium retention.

Dante

Well this is just a hunch but mild case of osteopetrosis can simply occur in hyperthyroidism I think. Ray said that hyperthyroid rats were smaller but had very mineralized bones. I wonder what would be the arterial/venous pH and PaCO2 in a mild case of osteopetrosis !

mattyb

Are you losing hair?

According to this, you should have maximum calcium retention.

I lost most of my hair in my early 20s when I was depressed, inactive, underweight, smoking weed/drinking, etc. Since I changed all that (mid 20s) the shedding stopped.

Well this is just a hunch but mild case of osteopetrosis can simply occur in hyperthyroidism I think. Ray said that hyperthyroid rats were smaller but had very mineralized bones. I wonder what would be the arterial/venous pH and PaCO2 in a mild case of osteopetrosis !

Yeah, I'm definitely not hyperthyroid either. TSH has always been between 1-2. Honestly I just think it is familial. Genes don't control everything, but they are still part of the equation.

I would expect the person to have overall normal pH. Probably low PaCO2 due to enhanced uptake of CO2 into bone. Possibly low PaO2 as well and hypoventilation in order to normalize pH. Bicarb might be low-normal as well. I could see the body down-regulating metabolic processes as a way of decreasing rate of bone formation.

RedStaR

I lost most of my hair in my early 20s when I was depressed, inactive, underweight, smoking weed/drinking, etc. Since I changed all that (mid 20s) the shedding stopped.

Yeah, I'm definitely not hyperthyroid either. TSH has always been between 1-2. Honestly I just think it is familial. Genes don't control everything, but they are still part of the equation.

I would expect the person to have overall normal pH. Probably low PaCO2 due to enhanced uptake of CO2 into bone. Possibly low PaO2 as well and hypoventilation in order to normalize pH. Bicarb might be low-normal as well. I could see the body down-regulating metabolic processes as a way of decreasing rate of bone formation.

How was your dairy intake growing up, and in your adulthood? My BMD is above average as well, I attribute that to drinking milk every day ever since I can remember (and high T).

mattyb

How was your dairy intake growing up, and in your adulthood? My BMD is above average as well, I attribute that to drinking milk every day ever since I can remember (and high T).

Milk, yogurt, cheese, and ice cream were very common growing up. We had a fairly balanced diet and good homemade food 95% of the time.

I just added a new tool to my hair growth arsenal. This wood bristle scalp brush: https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Wood...ref=sr_1_1_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1507134147&sr=8-1

It's less invasive than the derma-roller but still very effective at promoting blood flow. I really like it and it feels good on my scalp.

This guy on YouTube claims to have had good results with it.

I also picked up some P80 so I could fit in with the cool kids :grin. Not sure what I think of it yet. Seems kinda sticky.

inmyhead

I just added a new tool to my hair growth arsenal. This wood bristle scalp brush: https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Wood...ref=sr_1_1_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1507134147&sr=8-1

It's less invasive than the derma-roller but still very effective at promoting blood flow. I really like it and it feels good on my scalp.

This guy on YouTube claims to have had good results with it.

I also picked up some P80 so I could fit in with the cool kids :grin. Not sure what I think of it yet. Seems kinda sticky.

thanks for share, i was also checking him out, but... Take a look at his newest video and compare with the video in your post. I think he lost quite some ground during this time which makes me doubt messaging theory...

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals