Methylene Blue dosage for cognitive decline.

L'energia del cervello fallisce con l'età delle persone. Credo che questo sia legato all'invecchiamento dell'intestino che perde la sua capacità di assorbire la tiamina, il che provoca un fallimento dell'energia tiamina ( comprese le cellule del cervello ). Ci sono molti articoli sull'idea che la carenza di tiamina sia collegata a tutte le forme di demenza.

Articoli e collegamenti suggeriti:
[ URL unfurl = "true" ] Vitamin B1 (thiamine) and dementia - PubMed

[ URL unfurl = "true" ] https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8533683/[/URL]

4.6. Malattie neurocognitive e neuromotorie​

I disturbi neurocognitivi e neuromotori rappresentano i percorsi comuni finali del TD di lunga data. Nonostante le diverse origini genetiche, diverse linee di evidenza trovano associazioni tra tiamina e Alzheimer [50], Parkinson [51] e le malattie di Huntington [52] e demenza [53], ma la ricerca sulla carenza e il trattamento è equivoca [54]. Alla base di ciascuno di questi, tuttavia, c'è una manipolazione alterata del glucosio, che, come sarà evidente in seguito, è un segno distintivo dell'insufficiente tiamina.
-end incolla-

Sono disponibili diversi tipi di tiamina. Dr. Costantini ha sempre usato tiamina hcl per i suoi pazienti con malattia di Parkinson. Il raccolta di pazienti prima e dopo i video sono a vista.

@Disrupt It All I have discovered that in really serious cases it is necessary to go up in dosages between 3 and 8 gr

David PS

I can’t try aspirin with her, she’s on warfarin but the coffee is an excellent shout.

My mom was on warfarin before she died several years ago. Warfarin leads to rapid calcification in the arteries. I could see what looked to me like calcification on the back of her hands. I could not see the calcification of the arteries in her brain, but I assume that the calcification was there as well. I suspect that warfarin may contribute to cognitive decline. I found 4 short threads related to warfarin on the forum.

Last edited:

mostlylurking

Yeah I remember reading about this before. Definitely something to add to the list of things I’ll be trying.
Please note that Methylene Blue is an MAO inhibitor. Thiamine is needed to clear serotonin from the brain. In other words, if thiamine deficient, the person could have high brain serotonin. When I was thiamine deficient, I could not tolerate the tiniest dose of methylene blue. It made me feel horrible.

mostlylurking

I can’t try aspirin with her, she’s on warfarin but the coffee is an excellent shout.
Coffee blocks thiamine.
"Thiamine was the first vitamin identified (vitamin B1) many years ago. It functions as a catalyst in the generation of energy through decarboxylation of branched-chain amino acids and alpha-ketoacids and acts as a coenzyme for transketolase reactions in the form of thiamine pyrophosphate. Thiamine also plays an unidentified role in propagating nerve impulses and taking part in myelin sheath maintenance.

"This water-soluble vitamin is present in meat, beef, pork, legumes, whole grains, and nuts; however, milled rice and grains have small amounts of thiamine as the processing involved in creating these food products removes thiamine. Additionally, certain food products such as tea, coffee, raw fish, and shellfish contain thiaminases - enzymes that destroy thiamine."

youngsinatra

Please note that Methylene Blue is an MAO inhibitor. Thiamine is needed to clear serotonin from the brain. In other words, if thiamine deficient, the person could have high brain serotonin. When I was thiamine deficient, I could not tolerate the tiniest dose of methylene blue. It made me feel horrible.

Yes, B2 is also needed for MAO.

OP
D
My mom was on warfarin before she died several years ago. Warfarin leads to rapid calcification in the arteries . I could see what looked to me like calcification on the back of her hands. I could not see the calcification of the arteries in her brain, but I assume that the calcification was there as well. I suspect that warfarin may contribute to cognitive decline. I found 4 short threads related to warfarin on the forum.
Thanks pal, sorry to hear about your mam. I was aware that warfarin is no bueno. Getting her off it tho would be a mighty task. If I could convince her of this tho is there a way to reverse this calcification?

OP
D
Please note that Methylene Blue is an MAO inhibitor . Thiamine is needed to clear serotonin from the brain . In other words, if thiamine deficient, the person could have high brain serotonin. When I was thiamine deficient, I could not tolerate the tiniest dose of methylene blue. It made me feel horrible.

I’ve tried her in 10 drops of MB and she seems ok with it.

mostlylurking

I’ve tried her in 10 drops of MB and she seems ok with it.
suit yourself. Please do this: go to Dr. Costantini's website and look around. Spend some time there. Watch the videos.

Please take the time to read these articles:

My father died of Alzheimer's. It took 5 years after he was diagnosed. I wouldn't wish that horror on anyone. Good luck to you on your quest, I pray that you are successful.

OP
D
suit yourself. Please do this: go to Dr. Costantini's website and look around. Spend some time there. Watch the videos.

Please take the time to read these articles:

My father died of Alzheimer's. It took 5 years after he was diagnosed. I wouldn't wish that horror on anyone. Good luck to you on your quest, I pray that you are successful.
My Dad had dementia but cancer took him out before it had completely taken a hold of him. Thank you. I’ll go through it all.

mostlylurking

My Dad had dementia but cancer took him out before it had completely taken a hold of him. Thank you. I’ll go through it all.
A couple of other things to consider:
Hypothyroidism is much more common in older people. Finding a good endocrinologist to check your mom out would be helpful. I've found that asking local pharmacists which nearby doctors prescribe desiccated thyroid can shorten the search considerably. NP Thyroid by Acella is a good prescription desiccated thyroid; I've been on it for 8 years now; it's been a godsend.

and

Another thing to check is estrogen/progesterone status. As people age, estrogen goes up and progesterone goes down. Supplementing some progesterone could be helpful. I've been supplementing progesterone for 8+ years and have found it very helpful. Here are 3 Ray Peat audio shows that are very informative about it:

David PS

dreamcatcher

@mostlylurking I have been using MB for a while that I purchased through Mitolab. Today, Chris Masterjohn announced on Instagram that he has done extensive research on MB. His podcast, which is currently available for paid members, will be freely available from the 1st of September.
Shockingly, the review is negative and Chris Masterjohn warns against using MB.
I decided not to use it until I read the book that he wrote on it.

mostlylurking

@mostlylurking I have been using MB for a while that I purchased through Mitolab. Today, Chris Masterjohn announced on Instagram that he has done extensive research on MB. His podcast, which is currently available for paid members, will be freely available from the 1st of September.
Although I did try a very small dose of MB several years ago (and experienced negative symptoms from it, due to my high serotonin level), I never tried it again because I do not trust the so called "purity" of the MB products that are for sale. There is the possibility of heavy metal contamination. I already have heavy metal toxicity and I'm just not willing to take the chance that I could be making it worse.

I look forward to learning Chris Masterjohn's findings. Thanks!

Dapose

Forum Supporter

Chris Masterjohn! Ha! That guys “analysis” of anything makes me laugh. Have you ever listened to him go over ANY topic, vitamin mineral? He really goes over the “ nuances” Ha! 😆 Sorry I have to admit I do not resonate with Chris MasterJohn PHD where the name of the game is Me Chris Masterjohn PHD. Ha!

Ok I do like some of the data he reveals, but man he is like watching paint dry for me. You know how Ray talks about the art of science like the magic behind life? Chris didn’t go to that school.

My guess is Chris after hours of nuances will determine that the really high medical amounts of methylene blue are killing nitric oxide production which for some reason everyone in the health world thinks NO is amazing. And that micro doses of MB are doing something good but it’s still debatable. And that “no one really knows” what’s it doing in the brain.
IDK.
Just try it. Or don’t. Chris isn’t ever going to be my deciding factor on anything. But he is smart! What ever that means.
🤣 💧

dreamcatcher

Although I did try a very small dose of MB several years ago (and experienced negative symptoms from it, due to my high serotonin level), I never tried it again because I do not trust the so called "purity" of the MB products that are for sale. There is the possibility of heavy metal contamination. I already have heavy metal toxicity and I'm just not willing to take the chance that I could be making it worse.

I look forward to learning Chris Masterjohn's findings. Thanks!
Thank you for sharing your thoughts, and you're welcome:)

If I'm not mistaken he says it destroys cell membranes and increases hydrogen peroxide.

Hi guys, what would be a safe dosage of Methylene Blue for my mam who’s a pensioner and really starting to struggle with memory issues. Is it ok to use MB daily or should it be cycled. Also, any other advice to help slow down this degeneration process would be great.

Love to you all.
For memory issues also look into pregnenolone progesterone DHEA and vitamin B1. Plenty of sugar (fruit honey milk) and coffee.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals