Methylene Blue dosage for cognitive decline.

Hi guys, what would be a safe dosage of Methylene Blue for my mam who’s a pensioner and really starting to struggle with memory issues. Is it ok to use MB daily or should it be cycled. Also, any other advice to help slow down this degeneration process would be great.

Love to you all.

Peater

I don't know but I can vouch for the service of this lot. I worked it out as 0.5mg/drop. You could start off low and work up slowly. I think I read here up to 5mg/day can be considered 'safe' but don't quote me. I wouldn't just start at that level either.

There are also things like coconut oil to consider.

cremes

When I clicked on that mitolab.com link, I saw they had nicotine liquid as a featured product. This reminded me of this older thread about microdoses of nicotine helping rejuvenate old mice by vastly improving their NAD+/NADH ratio.

I have a mom suffering from similar issues but I don't really know what to do here. I'll be watching this thread with interest.

OP
D
I don't know but I can vouch for the service of this lot. I worked it out as 0.5mg/drop. You could start off low and work up slowly. I think I read here up to 5mg/day can be considered 'safe' but don't quote me. I wouldn't just start at that level either.

There are also things like coconut oil to consider.
That’s the stuff I’ve got. For myself 10 drops is the sweet spot. But I only use it if I feel the need, maybe once per week. Thanks for the input. I forgot about coconut oil, I’ll definitely be looking into it.

OP
D
When I clicked on that mitolab.com link, I saw they had nicotine liquid as a featured product. This reminded me of this older thread about microdoses of nicotine helping rejuvenate old mice by vastly improving their NAD+/NADH ratio.

I have a mom suffering from similar issues but I don't really know what to do here. I'll be watching this thread with interest.
Interesting. Red light is something to look into as well I think.

youngsinatra

Methylene blue does similar things like biotin.

Both increase heme synthesis, cytochrome C oxidase function and support oxidative phosphorylation.

Morley Robbins said in one of the conversations I had with him on the phone, that methylene blue is like a substitute for a copper-deprived mitochondria. So checking copper status is important and it’s deficiency is pathological factor in AD.

David PS

@Peater - Thanks for the link.

Ketones are also good for cognitive decline. I will search for Dr. Peat's story about potato ketones later today and I post it in a different thread. I like the PET scan results.

dmoon

Here are some of the clinical trials on methylene blue in Alzheimer's patients. Initially, they started with large doses and found that the low doses used in the control groups were better.

Potential of Low Dose Leuco-Methylthioninium Bis(Hydromethanesulphonate) (LMTM) Monotherapy for Treatment of Mild Alzheimer's Disease: Cohort Analysis as Modified Primary Outcome in a Phase III Clinical Trial - PubMed -- 4mg doses
Efficacy and safety of tau-aggregation inhibitor therapy in patients with mild or moderate Alzheimer’s disease: a randomised, controlled, double-blind, parallel-arm, phase 3 trial - original phase III clinical trail that used larger doses (75mg/2x/day)

Important to note that people with G6PD deficiency shouldn't take methylene blue. For anyone who has done genetic testing, you can check your raw data to see if you carry a mutation for G6PD deficiency: G6PD Deficiency: How to check your genes

There are medication interactions with methylene blue, such as opioids or psychiatric medications. So be sure to check on that as well (ask the doctor or pharmacist).

sphenoid

I recently started Health Natura's MB and have really been enjoying the cognitive and metabolic enhancements. I have more sustained energy throughout the day and it even made my posture better --certain parts of my spine popped, cracked, and realigned like never before. However, after the first dose (400mcg) I had a migraine type headache and along with loose stool. This did not continue upon further usage (same daily dose) but came back stronger and lingered after I doubled the dose about a week later (800 mcg). Could this be caused by a microbial die-off internally and/or the MAOI effects on serotonin? Interested in what other people have experienced as I do wish to continue taking the substance.

mostlylurking

Interesting. Red light is something to look into as well I think.
Brain energy fails as people age. I believe that this is tied to the aging intestine losing its ability to absorb thiamine which results in a thiamine deficiency which causes cellular energy (including the cells in the brain) to fail. There's a lot of articles about the idea that thiamine deficiency is linked to all forms of dementia.

Suggested articles and links:

4.6. Neurocognitive and Neuromotor Diseases​

Neurocognitive and neuromotor disturbances represent the final common pathways of longstanding TD. Despite different genetic origins, several lines of evidence find associations between thiamine and Alzheimer’s [50], Parkinson’s [51], and Huntington’s diseases [52], and dementia [53], but the research on deficiency and treatment is equivocal [54]. Underlying each of these, however, is altered glucose handling, which, as will become evident later, is a hallmark of insufficient thiamine.
-end paste-

There are several thiamine types available. Dr. Costantini always used thiamine hcl for his Parkinson's Disease patients. The collection of patient before and after videos are eye opening.

OP
D
OP
D
Methylene blue does similar things like biotin.

Both increase heme synthesis, cytochrome C oxidase function and support oxidative phosphorylation.

Morley Robbins said in one of the conversations I had with him on the phone, that methylene blue is like a substitute for a copper-deprived mitochondria. So checking copper status is important and it’s deficiency is pathological factor in AD.

That would sense, there’s no way she’s getting enough copper.’

OP
D
Here are some of the clinical trials on methylene blue in Alzheimer's patients. Initially, they started with large doses and found that the low doses used in the control groups were better.

Potential of Low Dose Leuco-Methylthioninium Bis(Hydromethanesulphonate) (LMTM) Monotherapy for Treatment of Mild Alzheimer's Disease: Cohort Analysis as Modified Primary Outcome in a Phase III Clinical Trial - PubMed -- 4mg doses
Efficacy and safety of tau-aggregation inhibitor therapy in patients with mild or moderate Alzheimer’s disease: a randomised, controlled, double-blind, parallel-arm, phase 3 trial - original phase III clinical trail that used larger doses (75mg/2x/day)

Important to note that people with G6PD deficiency shouldn't take methylene blue. For anyone who has done genetic testing, you can check your raw data to see if you carry a mutation for G6PD deficiency: G6PD Deficiency: How to check your genes

There are medication interactions with methylene blue, such as opioids or psychiatric medications. So be sure to check on that as well (ask the doctor or pharmacist).
Nice find @dmoon

OP
D
Brain energy fails as people age. I believe that this is tied to the aging intestine losing its ability to absorb thiamine which results in a thiamine deficiency which causes cellular energy (including the cells in the brain) to fail. There's a lot of articles about the idea that thiamine deficiency is linked to all forms of dementia.

Suggested articles and links:

4.6. Neurocognitive and Neuromotor Diseases​

Neurocognitive and neuromotor disturbances represent the final common pathways of longstanding TD. Despite different genetic origins, several lines of evidence find associations between thiamine and Alzheimer’s [50], Parkinson’s [51], and Huntington’s diseases [52], and dementia [53], but the research on deficiency and treatment is equivocal [54]. Underlying each of these, however, is altered glucose handling, which, as will become evident later, is a hallmark of insufficient thiamine.
-end paste-

There are several thiamine types available. Dr. Costantini always used thiamine hcl for his Parkinson's Disease patients. The collection of patient before and after videos are eye opening.
Yeah I remember reading about this before. Definitely something to add to the list of things I’ll be trying.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals