Methylene Blue Daily

squanch

So I've started taking methylene blue daily a few weeks ago. Originally I just used it in relatively high dosages (around 100mg /day for a few days) to treat a persistent sore throat which worked pretty well.
Since then I've just kept going with around 5 mg every day because I feel great on it. Lots of energy, extremely clear mind, lots of motivation etc..
So my question would be if there are any issues when taking MB on a daily basis for long periods of time? Maybe even forever? What would be the upper limit for a daily dose here?
Potential MAO-A inhibition seems to be a problem at higher doses, I couldn't find any exact numbers though.
I think @haidut you did something similar a while ago? Are you still using it daily?

Last edited:

CoconutEffect

So I've started taking methylene blue daily a few weeks ago. Originally I just used it in relatively high dosages (around 100mg /day for a few days) to treat a persistent sore throat which worked pretty well.
Since then I've just kept going with around 5 mg every day because I feel great on it. Lots of energy, extremely clear mind, lots of motivation etc..
So my question would be if there are any issues when taking MB on a daily basis for long periods of time? Maybe even forever? What would be the upper limit for a daily dose here?
Potential MAO-A inhibition seems to be a problem at higher doses, I couldn't find any exact numbers though.
I think @haidut you did something similar a while ago? Are you still using it daily?

what MB product are you using?
perhaps adding a serotonin antagonist?
@haidut would know better than I

superhuman

Hmm interesting, so you have gotten great benefits from using it? i used 1 drop some time i go a day and i get this insane headache the day after. Really strange

OP
S

squanch

Thanks, might be best to stay below 1 mg then.

Hmm interesting, so you have gotten great benefits from using it? i used 1 drop some time i go a day and i get this insane headache the day after. Really strange
I like it more than caffeine right now. No headaches at all for me and I'm usually very sensitive when it comes to that.
I did feel somewhat weird/jittery when I first used it a while ago at very low doses (50 - 100 mcg). It went away after a few days though.

What company?
How do you not make a mess everywhere doing it?

Methylenblau
It's a german company.
Honestly not sure about purity, I should probably ask them at some point. I figured it would still be higher purity than the aquarium stuff.

It doesn't get that messy. I just measure out 0,2 g, put it into a 100 ml brown glass container, fill it up with water and put a dropper on it. Which gives you a 0,2 % solution with ~100 mcg per drop.

It did get somewhat messy when I used it for a sore throat in a spray bottle that I sprayed into my mouth. Worked very well though.
Apparently it was relatively common in the past as a cold medicine and also sold at pharmacies with a big cotton swab that you use to paint it on the back of your mouth.

Last edited:

superhuman

@squanch cool. What positive and or negative effect can you say that you clearly can attributed to MB ? like a list or something in terms of physical and mental positives and or metabolic :)

OP
S

squanch

@squanch cool. What positive and or negative effect can you say that you clearly can attributed to MB ? like a list or something in terms of physical and mental positives and or metabolic :)
I would say mainly mental clarity and more energy throughout the day.
It will also stop any incoming cold. I live in a larger city, have to take public transport everywhere and go to a crowded university. Everyone is pretty much constantly sick during the winter, even right now there's another virus going around and people cough and sneeze in your face on the train... just a few sprays of a 0,2 % methylene blue solution in the back of the mouth works better than anything else I ever tried to prevent a cold. You will have a blue tongue but better than being sick.

Obi-wan

As I mentioned on another MB post. I bought MB Concentrate at the fish store. It has a 30% solution so 15mg per drop. Just put 3 drops in a glass of filtered water which made it deep blue. Within a minute of taking it I felt an energy rush and very clear breathing. I like Oxidal at .400mg per drop but I needed a lot more!

ddjd

Thanks, might be best to stay below 1 mg then.

I like it more than caffeine right now. No headaches at all for me and I'm usually very sensitive when it comes to that.
I did feel somewhat weird/jittery when I first used it a while ago at very low doses (50 - 100 mcg). It went away after a few days though.

Methylenblau
It's a german company.
Honestly not sure about purity, I should probably ask them at some point. I figured it would still be higher purity than the aquarium stuff.

It doesn't get that messy. I just measure out 0,2 g, put it into a 100 ml brown glass container, fill it up with water and put a dropper on it. Which gives you a 0,2 % solution with ~100 mcg per drop.

It did get somewhat messy when I used it for a sore throat in a spray bottle that I sprayed into my mouth. Worked very well though.
Apparently it was relatively common in the past as a cold medicine and also sold at pharmacies with a big cotton swab that you use to paint it on the back of your mouth.
do you live in germany?

vulture

What's the problem with MAO-Inhibition?
I'm trying Methylene blue, mainly concerned on aromatase inhibition, but wondering if dosage to get a decent inhibition of aromatase might be harmful related to MAO-Inhibition also

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals