Methylene Blue On Hairline + Scar Reduction/help?

Progesterone

Anyone ever used Methylene Blue on hairline?

I used to dermastamp aggressively and created scar issue unfortunately. Thus I am looking to minimize/reverse some of that damage if at all possible. Would applying Methylene Blue on areas of the scalp where I created scar tissue, be helpful? (wound is 9 months old now)

Reading a lot about MB's benefits for skin and how it's better than a whole host of other things, so I figure why not?

Thoughts?

Anti-Aging Potentials of Methylene Blue for Human Skin Longevity | Scientific Reports

Abstract
Oxidative stress is the major cause of skin aging that includes wrinkles, pigmentation, and weakened wound healing ability. Application of antioxidants in skin care is well accepted as an effective approach to delay the skin aging process. Methylene blue (MB), a traditional mitochondrial-targeting antioxidant, showed a potent ROS scavenging efficacy in cultured human skin fibroblasts derived from healthy donors and from patients with progeria, a genetic premature aging disease. In comparison with other widely used general and mitochondrial-targeting antioxidants, we found that MB was more effective in stimulating skin fibroblast proliferation and delaying cellular senescence. The skin irritation test, performed on an in vitro reconstructed 3D human skin model, indicated that MB was safe for long-term use, and did not cause irritation even at high concentrations. Application of MB to this 3D skin model further demonstrated that MB improved skin viability, promoted wound healing and increased skin hydration and dermis thickness. Gene expression analysis showed that MB treatment altered the expression of a subset of extracellular matrix proteins in the skin, including upregulation of elastin and collagen 2A1, two essential components for healthy skin. Altogether, our study suggests that MB has a great potential for skin care.

Last edited:

Archon

sorry i'm not helping but as far as i knew microneedling should be a way to REVERSE scarring not cause it.
I'm about to experiment with dermastamping, what did you do that caused this? I don't want to end up in the same situation

mrchibbs

sorry i'm not helping but as far as i knew microneedling should be a way to REVERSE scarring not cause it.
I'm about to experiment with dermastamping, what did you do that caused this? I don't want to end up in the same situation

Microneedling creates damage to trigger an inflammatory response, which should (hopefully) lead to regeneration and repair.

However, if done without proper rest periods and reasonable health (e.g. good thyroid function), it just creates or worsens the state of perpetual inflammation, which leads to more fibrosis/scarring, worsening what you wanted to do in the first place.

I think dermarolling sessions should be spaced at least one week apart. 10+ days is even better.

Archon

Microneedling creates damage to trigger an inflammatory response, which should (hopefully) lead to regeneration and repair.

However, if done without proper rest periods and reasonable health (e.g. good thyroid function), it just creates or worsens the state of perpetual inflammation, which leads to more fibrosis/scarring, worsening what you wanted to do in the first place.

I think dermarolling sessions should be spaced at least one week apart. 10+ days is even better.
it's kind of general guidelines for microneedling, i would be surprised if he didn't follow that, waiting to hear from op on what went wrong

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
R I wrote an article on methylene blue... Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 49
G Methylene Blue Mitochondria ETC Methylene Blue 45
S Methylene Blue while on T3 meds Supplements 1
Sam321 How to dose with Health Natura methylene blue Ask For Help or Advice 8
Sam321 Elevator pitch for Methylene Blue. Ask For Help or Advice 3
Mito Methylene Blue Inhibits the SARS-CoV-2 Spike-ACE2 Protein Miscellaneous Health Discussions 6
NodeCerebri Methylene Blue lowering nitric oxide too much? Supplements 1
Mr Joe What's the link between CO2, Methylene blue, ATP and Electricity (Ether) ? Ask For Help or Advice 2
N Safe To Use Infrared Sauna When Taking Methylene Blue? Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 3
O Methylene Blue As An Anti-COVID-19 Mouthwash In Dental Practice Articles & Scientific Studies 0
Inaut Shilajit And Methylene Blue Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 2
R J Informative Interview About Methylene Blue Miscellaneous Health Discussions 27
TacoVampire Waterpik And Methylene Blue Oral Health 2
bzmazu METHYLENE BLUE FOR COVID Viruses, Parasites, Fungus, Vaccines 8
A Methylene Blue USP Dosage Methylene Blue 13
R J Nebulized Methylene Blue Methylene Blue 1
B Methylene Blue And Red Light Cure Tinea Versicolor Scientific Studies 1
Jam Methylene Blue Has A Potent Antiviral Activity Against SARS-CoV-2 In The Absence Of UV-activation Methylene Blue 0
TheFatKid Breathing Issues With Methylene Blue Ask For Help or Advice 3
R Methylene Blue Suppliers Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 15
O COVID-19 Should Be A Methylene Blue “promoter” Articles & Scientific Studies 5
Mauritio Methylene Blue Increases Thyroid , Decreases Estrogen And Prolactin Scientific Studies 44
ddjd Haidut Suggests Methylene Blue And Quinine Against COVID19 Ask For Help or Advice 19
noqcks Methylene Blue Review Blogs 17
noqcks Neurometabolic Mechanisms For Memory Enhancement And Neuroprotection Of Methylene Blue Scientific Studies 0
C Methylene Blue? Skin 0
J Methylene Blue For Scalp Psoriasis? Experiments 2
S Methylene Blue And Varicocele Ask For Help or Advice 15
zarrin77 Methylene Blue And Transcranial Laser Therapy Work Well Together Scientific Studies 3
ampersand Ataxia, Iron, Methylene Blue, Niacinamide Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 2
H Cohort Of Cancer Patients No Reported Covid Cases - All Were Taking Methylene Blue Methylene Blue 3
Mito SARS-COV-2 Infection: The Possible Preventative Role Of Methylene Blue Scientific Studies 38
theLaw Ray Peat Interview 03/30/2020 - COVID-19, Losartan, Sugar, Methylene Blue & More, Q&A - Dr Ray Peat Jodellefit 12
ecstatichamster Don't Forget Methylene Blue And Vitamin C Combo If You Are Sick Vitamins 16
C Methylene Blue How To? Please Advise Methylene Blue 11
K Methylene Blue And CoQ10 Ask For Help or Advice 3
T Methylene Blue Photodynamic Protocol For COVID19 Viruses, Parasites, Fungus, Vaccines 4
Mito Inactivation Of Three Emerging Viruses In Plasma By Methylene Blue Plus Visible Light Scientific Studies 10
Clea Methylene Blue And Digestive Distress Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 17
haidut Low-dose Methylene Blue (MB) May Stop Alzheimer Disease (AD) Scientific Studies 3
milkboi Methylene Blue DIY Skin Cream? Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 41
methylenewhite Metergoline + Methylene Blue Combination Risks Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 2
P Methylene Blue As A Treatment Of Cyanide Intoxication Methylene Blue 0
Bogdar Downsides Of Methylene Blue? Methylene Blue 13
BingDing Benzocaine And Methylene Blue Symptoms, Causes 1
Elchapchapchapo Be Careful Where You Buy Your Methylene Blue Methylene Blue 13
Trudy Ann Methylene Blue Stained Peeled Carrot Recipe Diet 2
SOMO Clogged/stuffy Nose From Methylene Blue? Ask For Help or Advice 5
D Good Methylene Blue Product? Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 56
Y Methylene Blue Induced Serotonin Syndrome At 400mcg Dose Ask For Help or Advice 42