Methylene Blue On Hairline + Scar Reduction/help?

Progesterone

Anyone ever used Methylene Blue on hairline?

I used to dermastamp aggressively and created scar issue unfortunately. Thus I am looking to minimize/reverse some of that damage if at all possible. Would applying Methylene Blue on areas of the scalp where I created scar tissue, be helpful? (wound is 9 months old now)

Reading a lot about MB's benefits for skin and how it's better than a whole host of other things, so I figure why not?

Thoughts?

Anti-Aging Potentials of Methylene Blue for Human Skin Longevity | Scientific Reports

Abstract
Oxidative stress is the major cause of skin aging that includes wrinkles, pigmentation, and weakened wound healing ability. Application of antioxidants in skin care is well accepted as an effective approach to delay the skin aging process. Methylene blue (MB), a traditional mitochondrial-targeting antioxidant, showed a potent ROS scavenging efficacy in cultured human skin fibroblasts derived from healthy donors and from patients with progeria, a genetic premature aging disease. In comparison with other widely used general and mitochondrial-targeting antioxidants, we found that MB was more effective in stimulating skin fibroblast proliferation and delaying cellular senescence. The skin irritation test, performed on an in vitro reconstructed 3D human skin model, indicated that MB was safe for long-term use, and did not cause irritation even at high concentrations. Application of MB to this 3D skin model further demonstrated that MB improved skin viability, promoted wound healing and increased skin hydration and dermis thickness. Gene expression analysis showed that MB treatment altered the expression of a subset of extracellular matrix proteins in the skin, including upregulation of elastin and collagen 2A1, two essential components for healthy skin. Altogether, our study suggests that MB has a great potential for skin care.

Last edited:

Archon

sorry i'm not helping but as far as i knew microneedling should be a way to REVERSE scarring not cause it.
I'm about to experiment with dermastamping, what did you do that caused this? I don't want to end up in the same situation

mrchibbs

sorry i'm not helping but as far as i knew microneedling should be a way to REVERSE scarring not cause it.
I'm about to experiment with dermastamping, what did you do that caused this? I don't want to end up in the same situation

Microneedling creates damage to trigger an inflammatory response, which should (hopefully) lead to regeneration and repair.

However, if done without proper rest periods and reasonable health (e.g. good thyroid function), it just creates or worsens the state of perpetual inflammation, which leads to more fibrosis/scarring, worsening what you wanted to do in the first place.

I think dermarolling sessions should be spaced at least one week apart. 10+ days is even better.

Archon

Microneedling creates damage to trigger an inflammatory response, which should (hopefully) lead to regeneration and repair.

However, if done without proper rest periods and reasonable health (e.g. good thyroid function), it just creates or worsens the state of perpetual inflammation, which leads to more fibrosis/scarring, worsening what you wanted to do in the first place.

I think dermarolling sessions should be spaced at least one week apart. 10+ days is even better.
it's kind of general guidelines for microneedling, i would be surprised if he didn't follow that, waiting to hear from op on what went wrong