Methylene Blue Improves Mitochondrial Function in The Liver of Cholestatic Rats

Broken man

Hello all, I would like to show you new study about methylene blue and cholestasis and to tell you that I knew about methylene blue for about 5 years, I tried it with doses about 1 mg, felt nothing and decided to quit. Its four months that I joined facebook group where I found member that is using about 50 mg daily, I was very curious about how he is feeling and if he is scared about potential side effects, he wrote me that he wrote some articles about methylene blue and that side effects happen only when really high dose is used, also told me that there is no known chemical that can be so beneficial for human as is methylene blue. Cholestasis is very silent but danger disease, it means that you cant detox estrogen properly. I was having problem with low bile acids for years, steroids or TUDCA did not help me like methylene blue did. The dose is also not high, if I am calculating it correctly, it should be 8 mg - 16 mg for 100 kg weighing person. I am using 20 mg to 40 mg every day.
(PDF) Methylene Blue Improves Mitochondrial Function in The Liver of Cholestatic Rats
About the study, Its interesting that its improving cholestasis because I also read study where they found MB increased SIRT1 and cured "fatty" liver but SIRT1 is increased in cholestasis and agents that antagonise this protein improve cholestasis also.....
SIRT1 activation by methylene blue, a repurposed drug, leads to AMPK-mediated inhibition of steatosis and steatohepatitis - PubMed
Fine-Tuning of Sirtuin 1 Expression Is Essential to Protect the Liver From Cholestatic Liver Disease - PubMed
but also SIRT1 can help :
Sirtuin 1 activation alleviates cholestatic liver injury in a cholic acid fed mouse model of cholestasis
@Hans @Zpol

Last edited:

JohnHafterson

Has it improved your condition? If so how or what did you use to measure improvement if it is a "silent condition"?

OP
Broken man

Broken man

Has it improved your condition? If so how or what did you use to measure improvement if it is a "silent condition"?
Ye it did. I have more energy, better focus and feel more motivated. With the term "silent" I meant that you have less and less bile day by day until you will find you have liver problems. Its hard to figure your bile acid amount is lower and you have no symptoms until you will have itching and abdominal pain but if you will feel these its already too late.

Vileplume

Thanks for sharing. I've seen posts on this forum of people fixing their oral thrush and other bacterial issues with methylene blue, and a few days ago I started taking 2-3 mg per day to see if it can heal mine. I feel hopeful.

Zpol

Thanks @Broken man !
I have had significant improvement in stomach pain with the use of methylene blue. I know it helps complete the electron transfer chain but I was surprised that it helped so well with stomach pain and fairly quickly. Your information helps to explain why.
I have been taking 2.4mg 2x per day when I feel a flare up coming on and have no side effects from it but it's good to have more dosage info especially on the higher doses. I'm thinking maybe if I up the dosage I could get rid of the estrogenic symptoms I still have.

Peater

Hello all, I would like to show you new study about methylene blue and cholestasis and to tell you that I knew about methylene blue for about 5 years, I tried it with doses about 1 mg, felt nothing and decided to quit. Its four months that I joined facebook group where I found member that is using about 50 mg daily, I was very curious about how he is feeling and if he is scared about potential side effects, he wrote me that he wrote some articles about methylene blue and that side effects happen only when really high dose is used, also told me that there is no known chemical that can be so beneficial for human as is methylene blue. Cholestasis is very silent but danger disease, it means that you cant detox estrogen properly. I was having problem with low bile acids for years, steroids or TUDCA did not help me like methylene blue did. The dose is also not high, if I am calculating it correctly, it should be 8 mg - 16 mg for 100 kg weighing person. I am using 20 mg to 40 mg every day.
(PDF) Methylene Blue Improves Mitochondrial Function in The Liver of Cholestatic Rats
About the study, Its interesting that its improving cholestasis because I also read study where they found MB increased SIRT1 and cured "fatty" liver but SIRT1 is increased in cholestasis and agents that antagonise this protein improve cholestasis also.....
SIRT1 activation by methylene blue, a repurposed drug, leads to AMPK-mediated inhibition of steatosis and steatohepatitis - PubMed
Fine-Tuning of Sirtuin 1 Expression Is Essential to Protect the Liver From Cholestatic Liver Disease - PubMed
but also SIRT1 can help :
Sirtuin 1 activation alleviates cholestatic liver injury in a cholic acid fed mouse model of cholestasis
@Hans @Zpol

Valuable information thank you. I've been taking 6 drops (3mg) for some weeks now and hadn't noticed too much improvement in what I believe are liver problems inclusing the itching you mention and problematic weight/body comp. My other thought re itching was Bartonella (As I also have some symptoms of that) which I am addressing separately. Ominous you say it's too late, but it is what it is. The itching has been on and off for years, managed with cypro which I have dropped due to the potential for weight gain. Hopefully the problem is reversible/manageable. No significant abdominal pain.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals