Low-Dose Androsterone Experiment - 1/16/17

OP
DaveFoster

DaveFoster

30 mcg of androsterone provides a noticeable affect. It diminished the adrenaline response and made me feel hungry, bordering on lightheaded (if I would've taken 100 mcg, I think I would've felt a bit lightheaded). It's a similar feel to progesterone, but more relaxing rather than sedating.
Some effects I noticed:

- Warmer body
- Increased hunger
- Sense of energy, but more of the "serene" type
- Slightly better vascularity on forearms during workout. Strenght progressed as normal.
- Sleep seemed a little deeper than normal, but still woke up to urinate.
I've also experienced the warmer body and hunger.

I would use pure ethanol for dilution as using water will decrease absorption as @Such said. The GABA effects are probably not going to be noticeable unless you take at last 1mg-2mg at a time. Other than that - great idea and please keep us posted.
Will do; I'm using DMSO and ethanol as posted on the androsterone thread (70/30 or so).

Not when you have the power of homeopathy and placebo on your side! :)

I understand the sentiment though. I was super cautious when I first started experimenting on my subject with 11-keto. I very slowly titrated up from 1 drop a day over the course of months to a total of 5 drops a day. Of course I saw no signs of "shut down"
I don't think it's placebo. 1 drop of progesterone had an effect on me (different effect). Also, it's applied to the testes, which could potentiate the effect beyond the normal potentiation of DMSO.

Your results so far are clearly somotic.

1/100th of a dose? I reiterate, that dose is far too small to bear any discernable results. The physiological dose of androsterone is somewhere between 1-3mg daily. And you expect to save a sinking scooner by scooping out one bucket of seawater when 100 more buckets are pouring in? These are the assertions of a man gone totally mad, im afraid. MAD!! It is impossible to experience positive benefits from such a miniscule, negligible dosage! IMPOSSIBLE I SAY!!!:pompous:
1 teaspoon of coffee (not the grounds, but brewed coffee liquid) sent me into borderline panic attacks for the whole day a while back, so that gives you an idea of my sensitivity.

Gl;itch.e

I don't think it's placebo. 1 drop of progesterone had an effect on me (different effect). Also, it's applied to the testes, which could potentiate the effect beyond the normal potentiation of DMSO.

1 teaspoon of coffee (not the grounds, but brewed coffee liquid) sent me into borderline panic attacks for the whole day a while back, so that gives you an idea of my sensitivity.
I wonder if my 25 teaspoons of coffee in an evening incident when I was a teen killed my sensitivity to a lot of things LOL. So many supplements and things people here swear by do nothing at all even when I go way over their doses.

PUTFOT

I wonder if my 25 teaspoons of coffee in an evening incident when I was a teen killed my sensitivity to a lot of things LOL. So many supplements and things people here swear by do nothing at all even when I go way over their doses.
Have you had your t, dht, e2, prolactin, etc tested?

OP
DaveFoster

DaveFoster

I think that means you're healthy.

1/20/17: 30 mcg in the afternoon and 30 mcg in the evening both produces repeatable effects (mostly a lowering of adrenaline), increased hunger, and a strong libido. The effects resemble niacinamide.

OP
DaveFoster

DaveFoster

1/21/17 - 60 mcg in the morning; I'm having feelings of anxiety probably from hyperthyroidism/coffee. I don't think it's the androsterone.

UPDATE: I'm almost sure the anxiety was from a large serving of potatoes the night before. Starches always make me feel bad.

Last edited:
OP
DaveFoster

DaveFoster

1/21/17 - After the 60 mcg dose, I took 30 mcg in the afternoon with a minor effect. I took 90 mcg about 10 minutes ago, and I'm getting a dull wave of relaxation similar to l-theanine, higher-dose niacinamide, or a dosage of progesterone, all indicative of GABA agonism. The GABA effects seem to take effect around the 100 mcg dosage topical w/ DMSO.

It's an hour or so after taking 100 mcg androsterone, and I feel pretty aggressive and my libido is nonexistent. I don't know if it has anything to do with the androsterone, as I'm currently tapering off of mirtazapine. Blood pressure is 125/65 and pulse is 98. Temp is above 98.6. The hyperthyroid state is probably causing these symptoms.

It's a few hours after taking 100 mcg androsterone post-workout, and I have a headache (caused probably by low blood sugar, and I have some uncomfortable dizziness/light-headedness, not severe in the slightest.) Just an uncomfortable, spacey feeling probably from lowered adrenaline, similar to clonidine but less enjoyable. I think I'm going to try to the 30 mcg x3/day, or maybe androsterone before bed.

Last edited:
OP
DaveFoster

DaveFoster

1/22/17 - 30 mcg seems to perpetuate the negative effects of the previous dosage. I feel dry, irritable, and I seem to have dehydration symptoms (sore throat and lymph nodes/neck). Also, a very mild headache. This really resembles letrozole, but far less severe, as in barely comparable. I really don't like this at all. I'm going to stop dosing for a few days and come back to it.

ilikecats

@DaveFoster did it help with your gyno? Or maybe you got rid of it before you started this supplement. I just remembered when ***t hit the fan for you awhile back you said you developed gyno.

OP
DaveFoster

DaveFoster

@DaveFoster did it help with your gyno? Or maybe you got rid of it before you started this supplement. I just remembered when ***t hit the fan for you awhile back you said you developed gyno.
That's a good question. It's too early to tell at this time.

OP
DaveFoster

DaveFoster

1/23/17: No androsterone today. I can still feel some of the effects but the hangover/headache is gone, which suggests the effective dosage is very low for me. I'm curious as to the effects of caffeine and androsterone, as the latter lowers adrenaline and could be very synergistic.

OP
DaveFoster

DaveFoster

1/24/17 - 1 drop before bed seems to have a positive effect. I'm going to stay here (30 mcg before bed,) and up to 60 in a week or so.

The best way to describe the anti-adrenaline effects are borderline stress-proof. Coffee has a positive effect, and the increased consumption of carbohydrate allows for greater glycogen storage and longer unfed periods. The anabolic effects of androsterone on the brain seems to be noticeable.

managing

just want to interject a thank you. please keep this up. following with interest.

OP
DaveFoster

DaveFoster

just want to interject a thank you. please keep this up. following with interest.
Thanks for the support.

After taking some androsterone (30 mcg) after a workout, my BP reading is 127/61, and my pulse is 64! It's never been as low as 64! This really reveals a low-metabolic rate that was masked by adrenaline, I think. It's probably partly because my workout raised adrenaline and lowered the active amount of T3.

managing

I started with Pansterone and added androsterone. The Pan created, I think, a low mineral state where I needed a lot of salt and/or mag to keep from getting into a severe shortness of breath. The andro exacerbated this. Currently not taking the andro, and looking for an appropriate "panmineral" to support. I like the effects otherwise and I believe it is revealing a deficiency, not a "bad side effect" per se.

OP
DaveFoster

DaveFoster

I started with Pansterone and added androsterone. The Pan created, I think, a low mineral state where I needed a lot of salt and/or mag to keep from getting into a severe shortness of breath. The andro exacerbated this. Currently not taking the andro, and looking for an appropriate "panmineral" to support. I like the effects otherwise and I believe it is revealing a deficiency, not a "bad side effect" per se.
Interesting; I get plenty of minerals, but I've experienced that shortness. I think it's just low blood sugar or hyperthyroidism.

I've been at 60 mcg androsterone, and I really feel very pathetic recently. Almost depressed, but not quite. Just very flat, borderline anxious, but moreso emotionless. No real happiness. I was feeling great with progesterone and caffeine, and I might go back to that. I'll try more progesterone, and if that doesn't break me out of this depressive state, then I'll drop the andro completely. It's been good for the gym, though.

chispas

Unfortunately, I never felt too good on Andro. However, it did react quickly in my body. Only took 5-10 mins to heat me up. Made me feel angry and motivated at the same time. Creatine used to do that for me when I used to take it.

PUTFOT

Just very flat, borderline anxious, but moreso emotionless. No real happiness.
Very similar results minus the anxiety. Makes me feel like what I'm doing in life is not enough or that great and I need to do something big, makes everything unhappy.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals