Kasra's Q & A With Peat On A Fruitarian Diet

tara

I was eating smaller amounts of the shellfish and eggs daily, not just once a week, so maybe my experience would of been different, but I lived with this painful burning sensation in my spine, particularly where the worst of my compression fractures are, until I dropped all animal protein from my diet.
Did you ever try distinguishing between eggs and shellfish? I think Ream's speculation on shellfish had something to do with all the phosphorus being released in a short time frame, and being a burden to healing because of that. Not saying you should eat eggs, since what you are doing seems to be serving you well at this time, just wondering if you tried it at all.

very cheap Papayas ($1.30/lb)
Waaa! $6-7 each round here - an occasional treat.

Jennifer

Did you ever try distinguishing between eggs and shellfish? I think Ream's speculation on shellfish had something to do with all the phosphorus being released in a short time frame, and being a burden to healing because of that. Not saying you should eat eggs, since what you are doing seems to be serving you well at this time, just wondering if you tried it at all.
Yeah, I transitioned off of animal protein with just eggs, but they still caused the pain. I also found that as soon as I dropped animal protein from my diet, I started sleeping straight through the night until morning and I've continued to as long as I don't undereat on fruit calories throughout the day. In the past, I would always wake between 3:00 and 4:00am and then fall back to sleep and have nightmares. I'm thinking this means my sugars are no longer crashing in the night? I know when I was doing RBTI, Sue was very concerned because my sugars were chronically low and I was always crashing. Maybe animal protein is just too powerful a source for my weak glands, causing my sugars to crash?

Last edited:

tara

I also found that as soon as I dropped animal protein from my diet, I started sleeping straight through the night until morning and I've continued to as long as I don't undereat on fruit calories throughout the day. In the past, I would always wake between 3:00 and 4:00am and then fall back to sleep and have nightmares. I'm thinking this means my sugars are no longer crashing in the night? I know when I was doing RBTI, Sue was very concerned because my sugars were chronically low and I was always crashing.
Thanks Jennifer. Sounds fantastic that you've got something working so consistently well for you after all this time. Good on you for being so determined to get what you need - I imagine all that fruit is probably not easy to come by, quite apart from all the work of figuring out what to try next.
Yeah, I guess you've got enough sugar in the system - yay - and enough of the minerals you need to use it. I don't know what about the animal proteins - whether it's the high phosphorus, or difficulty breaking them down adequately in the gut, or some component that is esp. hard to deal with, or excess of tryptophan or some of the other more inflammatory amino acids, or breakdown products (eg ammonia?), the acidic waste clearance issue ....
I'm noticing that when I'm acutely unwell, I seem to be best to stay away from all animal proteins too (with the possible exception of gelatin).

Richiebogie

Waaa! $6-7 each round here - an occasional treat.

Tara, you are in NSW aren't you? Woolworths has red papayas for about AU$4.30/kg which is about US$1.49/lb.

I was surprised when I went to Darwin and Katherine in September that Woolworths had the same stock and prices we had in Melbourne, so I assume it is the same in the bigger towns of NSW...

I keep the papayas for a week before eating them so they are extra soft and tasty!

Last edited:

Jennifer

Thanks, tara. :) It has definitely been a long road.

Surprisingly, fruit has been much easier to find this time around. I feel very blessed that I haven't had to struggle to find an abundance of ripe fruit. I do have to go to a few different stores, and I had to learn what suppliers were consistently good and which ones weren't, but I think that's typical for most people doing a diet that isn't highly processed or mainstream?

Now that I have my diet under control, I'm excited to experiment with some of the tools Ray suggests, such as red light. I'm hoping it will help me get through the winter darkness. I've been working hard to strengthen my thyroid and adrenals with lots of fuel, rest and sun, and I don't want to lose what progress I've made.

Huh, so you share a similar experience with animal protein when you're unwell? I'm sure the state of my health is a huge factor for why it causes me pain. That's probably why my mum has also seen improvements eating a plant-based diet. She has been sick her whole life so it makes sense.

Richiebogie

I finished my first week on a fruit & lettuce diet trial.

I tried to go without cooked and animal food but ended up having a serve of Thai prawn & mushroom soup (3 prawns) on Monday, a serve of eggs florentine (2 eggs + hollandaise sauce + 50g cooked spinach + toast) and half a slice of lemon meringue pie (1 egg) and 3 cups chai tea (milk) on Friday, and an eggs florentine on Saturday, but this is much less animal protein than before I started!

I am eating about 3000 calories per day mainly comprising OJ, banana, raspberry, mango & desiccated coconut (in a smoothie), with dates, figs, papaya, lettuce, coriander, parsley and a tiny amount of raw onion for sulfur!

I think my knees have been less 'congested' or arthritic this week...

Emstar1892

I don't know what about the animal proteins - whether it's the high phosphorus, or difficulty breaking them down adequately in the gut, or some component that is esp. hard to deal with, or excess of tryptophan or some of the other more inflammatory amino acids, or breakdown products (eg ammonia?), the acidic waste clearance issue ...

Very glad i just spotted your post! Last night I ate beef for the first time in weeks, in a casserole - even with ample potato, glycine, and fruit afterwards, I didn't sleep till 4am! I'm almost always out by 11:30. Definitely an intense stress reaction (probably made a lot worse being hypo)!

Peater Piper

I think animal protein tends to require a substantial amount of hydrochloric acid. Fruit, on the other hand, should require very little.

Regina

Very glad i just spotted your post! Last night I ate beef for the first time in weeks, in a casserole - even with ample potato, glycine, and fruit afterwards, I didn't sleep till 4am! I'm almost always out by 11:30. Definitely an intense stress reaction (probably made a lot worse being hypo)!
Me too. I had short ribs last night. I thought the boney cut done in an instapot would be balanced enough, but I couldn't fall asleep till 4am.

(p.s. can you tell I just got my first smartphone by all the pix I post? :wink:)

Attachments

• IMG_0249.JPG
    IMG_0249.JPG
    46 KB · Views: 26

tara

I'm pretty sure I make better use of meat at midday than evening.

Jennifer

I finished my first week on a fruit & lettuce diet trial.

I tried to go without cooked and animal food but ended up having a serve of Thai prawn & mushroom soup (3 prawns) on Monday, a serve of eggs florentine (2 eggs + hollandaise sauce + 50g cooked spinach + toast) and half a slice of lemon meringue pie (1 egg) and 3 cups chai tea (milk) on Friday, and an eggs florentine on Saturday, but this is much less animal protein than before I started!

I am eating about 3000 calories per day mainly comprising OJ, banana, raspberry, mango & desiccated coconut (in a smoothie), with dates, figs, papaya, lettuce, coriander, parsley and a tiny amount of raw onion for sulfur!

I think my knees have been less 'congested' or arthritic this week...
So 4 out of 7 days you had no cooked or animal protein and the 3 days you did eat animal protein it came from mostly eggs? Nice! *high five*

Jennifer

I'm pretty sure I make better use of meat at midday than evening.
I did, too. I found that eating meat in the evening would drop my sugars and raise my cortisol, causing me to not sleep well. I was dealing with some major hypoglycemia and found I did much better with carbs and fats in the evening.

Xisca

You have to keep in mind, before civilizations, people were basically nearly starved most of the time, foraging shwaggy berries and plants and hoping to get some meat each day
Romantic myth most of the time, read the book "tending the wild": They were traveling in well know areas and tending the wild as a garden. Their extensive knowledge permitted them to travel to specific places at the right moment to eat before competitors. And they would also hunt the animals that would come for the food. They also tended pastures for big games, by burning, for herbs to grow instead of trees.
It was varied and less risky than rely on few stapples.

In the amazon as an example, the shamans basically would live on a diet without salt, spices, or anything with excess flavor, similar to how indian rishis would live on rice milk or kichari or things like that, and then basically live in the woods for months on end testing various plants and seeing how they affected them...this is how many plants were discovered such as tobacco and maany others, that are still used today.
I talked to shamans from amazon. Removing what is strong from the diet and also smells etc, makes you sensitive, but not for trying by ingestion, but to be in contact with the "spirit", which is believed by some anthropologists to be a contact with micro-electric wave, like using mirror neurones. And you can guess the use of a plant or even a Stone, and the message arrives in a way that is a very subtle intelligence of the body.
I can understand it as I have developped it, but I am limited by my mind to do it often. It Works as what you can feel by being compassionate and ampathic to a friend!

You can also develop this for testing food right now. I stay with the food and imagine I eat it, and my body reacts beforehand. If the reaction is negative, then I change my imagination, my fancy, so that my body can get calm and reassured that I am not going to stuff this into my stomach.
It is just difficult to not be influenced by your mind when doing this. That is why shamans take care about influences, to be more accurate and FEEL more.
By the way, this is what happens in chemical and electrical hypersensibility, except that people are too sensitive and get hurt by what they feel. You cannot imagine from how far they can smell something, or that they can feel your pone is on at a great distance.
It is hard to believe all this when you do not feel it yourself directly, because you have to trust that people are not liying. I have chosen to believe even when I cannot share the feeling, and also to believe myself more and listen to my body more.

Xisca

"One more thing - is B12 deficiency on an all-fruit diet likely? I've read that the gut flora produce B12 but that it isn't necessarily absorbed."
Why is it so many times forgotten that fruits attracks some eaters, mainly worms, that were surely eaten?
There was a "by chance" experiment with monkeys and a change in their health when turning to organic fruits, and they were giving them the wormy ones!
But who dares?
I remember the laugh as children when saying not to look at cherries while eating.... or else you do not eat them.
They tasted great and normal....
Also, bacterias from insects s**t in fruits.... -> B12! Don't you think so?
The best for this are local untreated figs, I can assure you they are not "vegetarian".....
Even cows eat insects.
I think insects go with a fruitarian diet.

Last edited:

Regina

Romantic myth most of the time, read the book "tending the wild": They were traveling in well know areas and tending the wild as a garden. Their extensive knowledge permitted them to travel to specific places at the right moment to eat before competitors. And they would also hunt the animals that would come for the food. They also tended pastures for big games, by burning, for herbs to grow instead of trees.
It was varied and less risky than rely on few stapples.

I talked to shamans from amazon. Removing what is strong from the diet and also smells etc, makes you sensitive, but not for trying by ingestion, but to be in contact with the "spirit", which is believed by some anthropologists to be a contact with micro-electric wave, like using mirror neurones. And you can guess the use of a plant or even a Stone, and the message arrives in a way that is a very subtle intelligence of the body.
I can understand it as I have developped it, but I am limited by my mind to do it often. It Works as what you can feel by being compassionate and ampathic to a friend!

You can also develop this for testing food right now. I stay with the food and imagine I eat it, and my body reacts beforehand. If the reaction is negative, then I change my imagination, my fancy, so that my body can get calm and reassured that I am not going to stuff this into my stomach.
It is just difficult to not be influenced by your mind when doing this. That is why shamans take care about influences, to be more accurate and FEEL more.
By the way, this is what happens in chemical and electrical hypersensibility, except that people are too sensitive and get hurt by what they feel. You cannot imagine from how far they can smell something, or that they can feel your pone is on at a great distance.
It is hard to believe all this when you do not feel it yourself directly, because you have to trust that people are not liying. I have chosen to believe even when I cannot share the feeling, and also to believe myself more and listen to my body more.
That's neat Xisca. I believe.

Xisca

I also noticed the vomit smell and even taste of some papayas.
My own are not the best, because not warm enough!
I buy local but from costal áreas, or from Tenerife, the next island.
It makes a difference.

Long papayas seem tastier than rounder papayas. The ones with seeds are female and taste better.

A tip: grate with a spoon and put the flesh in a glass or ceramic "whatever" container, and in the fridge. It will make some jelly! Also, I think the taste develops. For me it does not matter if slightly fermented, but you can choose to wait or not for eating this preperation.

It made no jelly if I mixed with some banana, so it seems that pure papaya only will do.
I started this by chance, just because I wanted to process a very ripe papaya quick, and keep it after peeling it.

Xisca

That's neat Xisca. I believe.
Thanks Regina.
Not to be romantic myself, I believe that some people had it tougher tha n others, and that it explained population movements and some wars, and arriving in new islands in the pacific etc.
Not many places have ideal climates, and then we have to adapt, and eating bad is better than starving!

Regina

Thanks Regina.
Not to be romantic myself, I believe that some people had it tougher tha n others, and that it explained population movements and some wars, and arriving in new islands in the pacific etc.
Not many places have ideal climates, and then we have to adapt, and eating bad is better than starving!
For sure.

Jennifer

I also noticed the vomit smell and even taste of some papayas.
My own are not the best, because not warm enough!
I buy local but from costal áreas, or from Tenerife, the next island.
It makes a difference.

Long papayas seem tastier than rounder papayas. The ones with seeds are female and taste better.

A tip: grate with a spoon and put the flesh in a glass or ceramic "whatever" container, and in the fridge. It will make some jelly! Also, I think the taste develops. For me it does not matter if slightly fermented, but you can choose to wait or not for eating this preperation.

It made no jelly if I mixed with some banana, so it seems that pure papaya only will do.
I started this by chance, just because I wanted to process a very ripe papaya quick, and keep it after peeling it.
Ooh...great! Thank you for the tips. I'm definitely going to try making papaya jelly. Yum! :D

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals