Resting Heart Rate Dropping Alot After Starting Peat Enthused Diet

Jon

@Nick Borcic also another option to you is taking 3 weeks off instead of just the two. You may lose about 3% of gym performance but muscle mass should go nowhere as I suggested to @JustAGuy but this may get you even closer to a true turn around of symptoms.

OP
S

Sagitarrius90

@Jon I've been debating...I think what's really caught my eye is I dont have much of a life outside of the gym lol I'm pretty bored but been reading alot and hanging with the girl

Progesterone...any benefits? I'm doing some reading here and man it looks promising in low doses... my girls mom has like tubes on tubes of this stuff that she doesn't use... I remember when I got my dheas and progesterone tested I was very very low in both. Perhaps this could explain why I've always had some extra fat in my chest? Progesterone helps with estrogen dominance maybe this could help me increase like temps pulse hormone profile etc

Jon

@Jon I've been debating...I think what's really caught my eye is I dont have much of a life outside of the gym lol I'm pretty bored but been reading alot and hanging with the girl

Progesterone...any benefits? I'm doing some reading here and man it looks promising in low doses... my girls mom has like tubes on tubes of this stuff that she doesn't use... I remember when I got my dheas and progesterone tested I was very very low in both. Perhaps this could explain why I've always had some extra fat in my chest? Progesterone helps with estrogen dominance maybe this could help me increase like temps pulse hormone profile etc

I think what people like you and I have is a warriors complex. When there's no war to wage, we don't have much purpose.

But this is really a good time to consider what's truly important in your life, and where you'd like your future to go, and how happy of a person are you really? TBH man, I hit rock bottom my first bout of time off from the gym. I realized I HATED the guy I had become, I was jus a complete shadow of my former self, it was actually killing me working out so much. I'm so much better now that I've realized how little training I actually need to do to progress. I'm a much more happy go lucky kind of person now, I don't take things so seriously, and I actually enjoy helping people whereas before I felt it was a nuisance.

progesterone is highly reguarded around here but the problem with it is if your androgenic conversion of it is impeded or not optimal, you can convert it into estrogen I believe (I'm not the greatest with the prohormone pathways) I also think it can interfere with dht a bit but someone else like @nwo2012 woukd have to chime in on that (he seems to have decent knowledge of such) I'd say if anything, supplementing some t3 like he'd reccomended is a more viable option than progesterone. But you know me dude, I'm super skittish with that stuff.

tara

It is great that your sleep has improved. That seems like a good sign that something you changed is in the right direction.
Temps and heart rate take awhile man.
+1
I think Peat's said heart rate usually lags behind temps. I'd expect metabolism to take months to recover, when you can provide the conditions for it, not a week or two.

I am not an expert, just a lay person. Informed in part by Gwyneth Olwyn (ED Institute/formely Youreatopia), as well as Peat and other sources.
If you are maintaining at less than 2600 cals, than your metabolism is probably on the low side.
If your system is not getting a regular, reliable supply of enough nutrition to sustain a healthy metabolism, it may choose to maintain the suppression. Likewise, if it is pushed to extreme exercise.
Progesterone...any benefits?
I'd plug for basics first - nutrition, enough rest, suitable movement but not overdoing it during recovery, sunlight, maybe attend to breathing habits, meaningful life, ...
But if you try the progesterone, go very small, as a male. Is the stuff you have access to a transdermal cream, or a vit-E-based formulation? Transdermal is slow delivery, so harder to control dosing day-to-day.

nwo2012

I think what people like you and I have is a warriors complex. When there's no war to wage, we don't have much purpose.

But this is really a good time to consider what's truly important in your life, and where you'd like your future to go, and how happy of a person are you really? TBH man, I hit rock bottom my first bout of time off from the gym. I realized I HATED the guy I had become, I was jus a complete shadow of my former self, it was actually killing me working out so much. I'm so much better now that I've realized how little training I actually need to do to progress. I'm a much more happy go lucky kind of person now, I don't take things so seriously, and I actually enjoy helping people whereas before I felt it was a nuisance.

progesterone is highly reguarded around here but the problem with it is if your androgenic conversion of it is impeded or not optimal, you can convert it into estrogen I believe (I'm not the greatest with the prohormone pathways) I also think it can interfere with dht a bit but someone else like @nwo2012 woukd have to chime in on that (he seems to have decent knowledge of such) I'd say if anything, supplementing some t3 like he'd reccomended is a more viable option than progesterone. But you know me dude, I'm super skittish with that stuff.

Thanks Jon. A little progesterone along with small amounts of good quality dhea and pregnenolone should work well. Try 2-3mg of each twice daily and if it feels good increase to 3 to 4 times. This quantity of progesterone would not likely cause estrogenic issues or T suppression.

I'd still say grab Tyromax and try a drop before bed and see how it goes with sleep.

tara

If you are going to use progesterone, and especially tyromix, I'd expect it's especially important to increase your nutrition. Otherwise you risk increasing the stress on your system, and potentially createing a more difficult situation to ungtangle.

morgan#1

Hi Nic,

It seems that the things you are going through were what I was going through a year ago...i wasn’t eating/supplying fuel to my metabolism. You’re lucky you have such good solid advice (Tara lucky Jon etc). I think it sounds like you’re heeding their advice. Just wanted to add that I, at 5’4” 120 lbs. am eating 2600-3000. The muscles fill when I increase my cals. I used to go all out at the gym, now I go 3 a week. I’m dealing with other things at the moment health wise. But I think you should go for it, food wise. I think Tara had some really solid advice. My temp was below 97 in the am, now it’s around 98.2 waking. Increasing during day. “Could be your low heart-rate and etc may be a result of incomplete recovery.” good luck
(I’m not one to show what I look like, but just so you know that this is all what I’ve learned here)

Attachments

• 26500C5E-8A9C-4DAF-BC27-038A81957127.jpeg
    26500C5E-8A9C-4DAF-BC27-038A81957127.jpeg
    245.8 KB · Views: 22
  • B215636C-0D6A-40E2-9166-9A38F736880C.jpeg
    B215636C-0D6A-40E2-9166-9A38F736880C.jpeg
    233.8 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:
OP
S

Sagitarrius90

I guess another thing that screwed me up is all those bodybuilding calculators that i was living by. I would only eat what it spat out but ill try eating more and will disregard the weight gain

All of this is tough especiallu when i have low morning salvia cortisol verified over two seperate occassions years apart from each other

I know when im no longer running off of stress my brain fog and energy levels tank regardless of calories

morgan#1

Personally, it takes a shi*load of time to straighten out what me and society’s food have done. Just wait it out. I’ve gotten little bursts of good solid clean energy, once I had it for about 4-5 days. This was about about 3 months in. Then I had it about 2 weeks ago, only lasting a day. Odd, but I’m hoping once I get all this figured out, I will be like that-peace and energy-all the time. It is bliss.

OP
S

Sagitarrius90

I hope you can maintain it im on the road to recovery as well!

Two questions ive searched the board and havent really got a conclusive answer but

1.) Does progesterone increase metabolism because of increased thyroid hormones since progestetone offsets estrogen?

2.) Anymore tips to boost low cortisol? Seems to be the only thing still lagging behind while my temp and cognitive function is slowly increasing.

morgan#1

You’re eating really well. Keep that in mind. It’s good for your body, trust that. I don’t mean to sound hokey. Just investigate what each thing does (supplement and food) to your body. We’re all going through the same kind of things, some worse off than others. But it changes, and I’m positive it will change for the better once you listen to your body. Make wrong turns, and you’ll know it. And then you get on the sweet spot.

The cortisol thing, might be licorice or vitamin C, I need help with that too, too much aspirin and Peat approved supplements. But I think time is our friend with that. And I know that cortisol is raised doing the proper workout

There’s a thing called the Vegus Nerve I’m looking at that as a possible cause for my gi issues and my lethargy and depression, acetylcholine is the fuel for the Vegus nerve, before I thought that (acetylcholine) was negative, but different strokes for different folks. Context. Maybe that’s not the primary cause, but I’ll see and maybe I’ll figure that part of my jigsaw. I go 2 a few times a day. But there’s a causal relationship between the Vegus , gut brain thing. Who knows, we’re all just trying our best at our issues. Really good luck and give it your all

Last edited:

morgan#1

I’m sure that progesterone increases metabolism, because of all the protective things it does. And Peat is all about increasing metabolism via what he eats and doesn’t. And he’s the progesterone king. And of course, there are multiple studies

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals