Is Shrimp Actaully Not That High In Copper

BibleBeliever

It is an ok source: Crustaceans, shrimp, mixed species, cooked, moist heat Nutrition Facts & Calories

Unless other types have more.

I think in another thread I read squid is a very good source.

Liver of course is the ultimate source. Having with coffee helps inhibit the iron in the liver. Have with something zinc rich should help further. Just have to watch for too much vitamin a from liver if sunlight is not optimal.

OP
biggirlkisss

biggirlkisss

the thing is though i was thinking higher thyroid function more vitamin a needed so you eat more liver but then you need more copper so is it really enough?

BibleBeliever

the thing is though i was thinking higher thyroid function more vitamin a needed so you eat more liver but then you need more copper so is it really enough?
Ray talks about 5000 ius a day and when exposed to large quantities of sunlight to have much more vitamin a. Low sunlight requires less vitamin a. Too little inhibits the thyroid, as does too much. Vitamin A and D work together.

OP
biggirlkisss

biggirlkisss

I think all nutrition requirements go up with sunlight aka red light. You could argue some more then others.

BibleBeliever

coffee will also reduce copper absorption i think?.
Short-term ingestion of chlorogenic or caffeic acids decreases zinc but not copper absorption in rats, utilization of stable isotopes and inductively-coupled plasma mass spectrometry technique.

Short-term ingestion of chlorogenic or caffeic acids decreases zinc but not copper absorption in rats, utilization of stable isotopes and inductive... - PubMed - NCBI

Appears to have no effect: "However, the PP studied were without effect on Cu absorption"

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals