Zinc and copper average foods that are always and everywhere to get

Motif

No oysters or squid here unfortunately.
Liver of course , but it’s not a everyday food for me.

also I really struggle to get about 11-15 mg zinc everyday from food. I can’t eat beef everyday. And even with beef I think it’s not that easy.

maybe I really have to use supplements to get good everyday copper and zinc amounts. What supplements would you recommend in that case ?

and will low dose zinc supplemented from lets say zinc sulphate (5-10 mg) lower copper when I take it hours always from copper foods / supplements ?

Last edited:

Perry Staltic

Zinc gluconate is cheap, well absorbed and supposedly has the least cadmium of any zinc form. Zinc oxide is cheap, but poorly absorbed.

jnklheimer

100gms of beef should have a bit less than 5mg of zinc, you find it hard to eat 250g of beef a day? that is the size of two small-medium patties. Or you mean it is not economical for you?
For copper, a tablespoon of cocoa powder should have about 0.4-0.5mg of copper. Just adding that to your normal diet should generally be pretty ok.

aliml

I would recommend brass cookware.
Brass utensils are combination of Zinc and Copper.
Drinking water stored in a brass vessel is good for your health.

youngsinatra

I eat lean ground beef for zinc and small amounts of beef liver for copper.
That works out very well.

OP
M

Motif

I eat lean ground beef for zinc and small amounts of beef liver for copper.
That works out very well.
Does it really make a difference if you eat small amounts everyday or more of it on two days a week?

OP
M

Motif

What about cashews for copper and (roasted) pumpkin seeds for zinc ?

youngsinatra

Does it really make a difference if you eat small amounts everyday or more of it on two days a week?
Many traditions have eaten liver once or twice a week, so I think eating 4oz beef liver twice a week is probably good for getting in enough copper.

I've heard from Chris Masterjohn that zinc should be supplied each day, but I don't find the resource right now.

akgrrrl

Creativity with burger is the name of the game. Blending wild meats with organic gr pork is wunnerful.
Even beef with bacon ground
Here is an international fave.
Make a mix of equal amounts 2 meats, chopped onion, garlic, lots of fresh or dried parsley, torn bread or dried stale bread or even crackers. Sal, pepper then cinnamon, clove, and nutmeg go big on the cinnamon.press into a pan. Cover with sliced potatoes and onion, a can of tomatoes or sauce or paste and water to top of pan cover with foil bake an hour at 350 degrees. When that spice rises thru the burger into the acid of the tomato ooh baby!

sweetpeat

I think potatoes have a decent amount of copper, if they are a food you tolerate. Dark chocolate too.

OP
M

Motif

Is cacao really a good source of copper or chocolate (not dark) ?

OP
M

Motif

had cacao today the first time in weeks.
My scalp feels worse again.

don’t know if it’s the cacao or the milk.
but cacao without milk would suck too.

Some more sources?

Last edited:

InChristAlone

I would recommend brass cookware.
Brass utensils are combination of Zinc and Copper.
Drinking water stored in a brass vessel is good for your health.
No, brass can have lead. It would need to be tested with an instrument that measures lead levels first.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals