Is Cypro really as bad as some commenters say?

AinmAnseo

Forum Supporter
I have read the threads on cypro, and it seems that there are a lot of folks who have negative reports about it, even at .5 mg, turning them into a zombie the next morning.

Or even some who get depression for 3 days after taking it, and then feel great.

Is there a negative "consensus" on cypro, or are there more happy users than unhappy users?

Paul

Logan-

It’s contextual. You have to be aware of your needs, goals, and the drug’s overall effects; and proceed accordingly. There’s no such consensus.

Aspekt

Many people experience fatigue or loss of motivation temporarily with cypro, which dissapears after a few days. I don't think it's a big problem so much as it is a caution to be careful of the timing of your dose as it can make working or driving difficult, when you're in the initial adjustment period.

OP
A

AinmAnseo

Forum Supporter
It’s contextual. You have to be aware of your needs, goals, and the drug’s overall effects; and proceed accordingly. There’s no such consensus.
(and Aspekt)
Thanks.
I am looking for something that opposes serotonin and is somewhat sedating, and has antihistamine properties.
I would only use it at .5 mg before bed.
Is it true that the sedating aspect wears off quickly?
Paul

Aspekt

You will probably notice it a bit at .5mg, initially. You'll likely be relaxed and find it a bit harder to get out of bed for the first few days. I usually take 2mg a few times a day and don't experience the sedation at all. It's best to take the last dose late afternoon like 4-6pm rather than in the evening as it can make your dreams restless if taken too close to bedtime. I love cypro, it allowed me to eat enough to get stronger to the point I don't feel like having naps every day like I used to, and it allowed me to exercise more.

OP
A

AinmAnseo

Forum Supporter
You will probably notice it a bit at .5mg, initially. You'll likely be relaxed and find it a bit harder to get out of bed for the first few days. I usually take 2mg a few times a day and don't experience the sedation at all. It's best to take the last dose late afternoon like 4-6pm rather than in the evening as it can make your dreams restless if taken too close to bedtime. I love cypro, it allowed me to eat enough to get stronger to the point I don't feel like having naps every day like I used to, and it allowed me to exercise more.
Aspekt,
Did you start taking it for histamine and serotonin issues, not directly for sleep?
Paul

Peating Force

You're lucky, I tried it for my IBS (and it was working) but I had to stop as even after a week or two I still couldn't get out of bed and was a complete zombie during the day. That was at 1mg/day.

Jonk

One of the more powerful substances I've tried. I like to take it before 3pm, 0.5mg is enough. I'm usually more stressed later in the afternoon and cypro counter acts that. And if I'm not feeling stressed and can relax easily after work I usually sleep good too. If I take it before bed it makes me too tired in the mornings.

Pete Rey

I took it for about a week just to experiment. I found what Georgi said about getting over the 3 day drowsiness hump to be true; however, I still felt a bit off in the remaining few days. Personally for me it is an interventional substance, and a great one at that. A much more biologically agreeable alternative to a benzodiazepine.

Lokzo

Forum Supporter
I have used Cypro probably over 150 times in my life time.

I usually use around 1mg-2mg.
NEver 4mg

It kills my ability to enjoy things, but my mental clarity and motivation on it is always quite good/high.

I notice it makes me fat too... But thats coz I just want a ***t load of sugar when I have it.

I sleep AMAZING on it.

Kills my libido fully, but can still achieve erections on demand anytime and anywhere with my girlfriend.

It makes me feel weaker in the gym for sure.

Korven

You're lucky, I tried it for my IBS (and it was working) but I had to stop as even after a week or two I still couldn't get out of bed and was a complete zombie during the day. That was at 1mg/day.
I also become a zombie when taking 0.5-1
mg cyproheptadine

I started taking a whole pill ( 4 mg) and I have no side effects - fantastic for getting a good night sleep. And works great together with coffee for low serotonin state, you become kind of lazy and dumb but people like you better

OP
A

AinmAnseo

Forum Supporter
I also become a zombie when taking 0.5-1
mg cyproheptadine

I started taking a whole pill ( 4 mg) and I have no side effects - fantastic for getting a good night sleep. And works great together with coffee for low serotonin state, you become kind of lazy and dumb but people like you better
The zombie side effects go away the more you take?
Is that how it works?
Paul

Korven

The zombie side effects go away the more you take?
Is that how it works?
Paul

Yes, for me it seems to work that way, but your mileage may vary.

Ray recommended smaller doses so I would probably start with 0.5 mg if you've never tried cypro before.

OP
A

AinmAnseo

Forum Supporter
Yes, for me it seems to work that way, but your mileage may vary.

Ray recommended smaller doses so I would probably start with 0.5 mg if you've never tried cypro before.
Does anyone on this post take a small amount every day?

OP
A

AinmAnseo

Forum Supporter
Does anyone on this post take a small amount every day?
I just read that mirtazapine is almost identical to cypro.
If I already tried mirtazapine for sleep a year ago, and it did not help, is it pointless to try cypro?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals