Kocky777´s Insomnia thread - appreciate your help and wisdom

Razvan

What's your cholesterol level and LDL cholesterol?
Thyroid cam make things worse for me (insomnia,adrenaline) since my cholesterol is lower from raising my metabolism and improving my glucose oxidation with focus on higher carb and lower fat.

Peatful

Do you remember, how long it took you to restore thyroid/metabolism/good temperatures?
This is relative to how sick one is going in

I had restricted over 30 years remember

My body didn’t fail me
It knew what to do with time, patience, consistency and to not stress about it-
But enjoy the ride

For me
At least six months let’s say if you need a number

Do you remember how long it took you to lose the extra weight from the refeeding phase?
Let’s say one year

Then
I kicked into a new healing phase that surprised me
I became hungry again and had to up my kcals
I attribute this to my hormones becoming more balanced and stress hormones going lower

I continue to lose a pound here or there even upping my kcals

Lowering stress is key
As well as digestion of course

My tsh is around .5-.1 without any meds or supplements
Just food

Have you restored your "ideal" weight/a weight that you are satisfied with or are still "overweight" because of refeeding?
My ideal weight is me sick in the head
Being driven by societal standards
Meaning I want to be a US size 0
But I am a US size 4
Size 6 in higher end designers that dont vanity size

So
Im on the smaller side still

Im happy here
With 30 years of being a size 0
It’s a change
But
The freedom is worth every bit of discomfort I went through

Can't wait for 2024 and (hopefully) the return of reason, truth, freedom and democracy in the US and world-wide. ;-)
Love your attitude
Im much much more jaded

OP
Kocky777

Kocky777

Forum Supporter
What's your cholesterol level and LDL cholesterol?
Thyroid cam make things worse for me (insomnia,adrenaline) since my cholesterol is lower from raising my metabolism and improving my glucose oxidation with focus on higher carb and lower fat.

Thanks for engaging in this thread!
I don´t know tbh. Will check those parameters with the next blood panel.

OP
Kocky777

Kocky777

Forum Supporter
This is relative to how sick one is going in

I had restricted over 30 years remember

My body didn’t fail me
It knew what to do with time, patience, consistency and to not stress about it-
But enjoy the ride

For me
At least six months let’s say if you need a number

Let’s say one year

Then
I kicked into a new healing phase that surprised me
I became hungry again and had to up my kcals
I attribute this to my hormones becoming more balanced and stress hormones going lower

I continue to lose a pound here or there even upping my kcals

Lowering stress is key
As well as digestion of course

My tsh is around .5-.1 without any meds or supplements
Just food

My ideal weight is me sick in the head
Being driven by societal standards
Meaning I want to be a US size 0
But I am a US size 4
Size 6 in higher end designers that dont vanity size

So
Im on the smaller side still

Im happy here
With 30 years of being a size 0
It’s a change
But
The freedom is worth every bit of discomfort I went through

Love your attitude
Im much much more jaded
Dear Peatful,
thank you so much for your detailed and very interesting response!
I´ll try that too and keep on refeeding! Hopefully it will work out for me, too.
I find it remarkable that your metabolism recovered pretty quickly, given the fact that you restricted your food/calories for 30 years!

Size 0 is definitely "sick in the head", it´s much too thin!
I´m glad that you are well now, even if jaded (It is easy to become jaded once you have learned certain truths. But you cannot "unswallow" the bitter pill.
And I´d say --> Ignorance is NOT bliss. So definitely better to know "the truth" and be jaded than to live happily ever after as an ignorant npc.).

All the best and thank you so much again!!! :)

Here is my thread on how I fixed my sleep issues…

OP
Kocky777

Kocky777

Forum Supporter
Here is my thread on how I fixed my sleep issues…

Thanks a lot! In fact, I already stumbled on your wonderful mega thread, but it was during a time when I restricted calories, so I could not put the many good ideas to good use. I'm going to read it again!

@Rinse & rePeat Did you also refeed in order to restore Sleep and Thyroid?

Deadpool

Deadpool,
Do you mean "b12", where you say "methylation like b2" ?
I actually meant b2, but honestly it’s interchangeable cause they have very similar effects for me. B2 increases functional b12. Both increase my insomnia

OP
Kocky777

Kocky777

Forum Supporter
I actually meant b2, but honestly it’s interchangeable cause they have very similar effects for me. B2 increases functional b12. Both increase my insomnia
Thanks, man! Did you try eating more in order to fix your sleep? Plus Aspirine 500mg (let the tablet dissolve in a glass of water with 1/4 teaspoon baking soda and 1/4 teaspoon Vitamin C) in the morning and in the early afternoon. Also to reduce stomach issues and enhance the potence of the Aspirine drink a glass of orange juice with 1 teaspoon Glycine Powder and 1-2 capsule of Vitamin K1/Vitamin K2 (Vitamin K is for decreasing the blood thinning effect of the Aspirine).

@Rinse & rePeat Did you also refeed in order to restore Sleep and Thyroid?
I did not start that thread coming from a diet, as I had already been Peating for several years. The biggest thing that improved my sleep was eliminating meat from my evening meal, going to bed earlier and at a more routine time (10:30) every night, and not watching tv before bed, though I do for an hour once in a while and I can still sleep good. I use to go to sleep much later watching tv until I was tired, after kids night and then I would fall asleep, but I would wake up two or three hours later, no more of that now thankfully.

AinmAnseo

Forum Supporter
I did not start that thread coming from a diet, as I had already been Peating for several years. The biggest thing that improved my sleep was eliminating meat from my evening meal, going to bed earlier and at a more routine time (10:30) every night, and not watching tv before bed, though I do for an hour once in a while and I can still sleep good. I use to go to sleep much later watching tv until I was tired, after kids night and then I would fall asleep, but I would wake up two or three hours later, no more of that now thankfully.
Rinse,
Do you have any protein at all for the evening meal?

Rinse,
Do you have any protein at all for the evening meal?
Yes I do eat other proteins at night, like dairy or eggs, and sometimes shrimp seems to be fine, but meat messes with my sleep badly. Meat takes about 6 hours to digest compared to carbs. I have passed on that advice to others that have sleep difficulties and they have confirmed getting meat into the daytime and out of the night makes them sleep better too.

AinmAnseo

Forum Supporter
Yes I do eat other proteins at night, like dairy or eggs, and sometimes shrimp seems to be fine, but meat messes with my sleep badly. Meat takes about 6 hours to digest compared to carbs. I have passed on that advice to others that have sleep difficulties and they have confirmed getting meat into the daytime and out of the night makes them sleep better too.
Thanks.
I have 3 oz of salmon. I could try supper without that.

Thanks.
I have 3 oz of salmon. I could try supper without that.
Yeah I find a nice buttery bowl of boiled white sweet potatoes, sprouted grains, a nice cheese plate or caprice salad, a bone broth based soup, or breakfast for dinner set me up well for sleep.

Deadpool

Thanks, man! Did you try eating more in order to fix your sleep? Plus Aspirine 500mg (let the tablet dissolve in a glass of water with 1/4 teaspoon baking soda and 1/4 teaspoon Vitamin C) in the morning and in the early afternoon. Also to reduce stomach issues and enhance the potence of the Aspirine drink a glass of orange juice with 1 teaspoon Glycine Powder and 1-2 capsule of Vitamin K1/Vitamin K2 (Vitamin K is for decreasing the blood thinning effect of the Aspirine).
This would be like the worst advice for me. Not the eating, that actually helps, but aspirine and stuff. I am actually tending towards overstimulation and hyperthyroid, back when I was doing aspirin, I was just burning through every little bit of energy I had, no matter how much I ate. And I got gastritis from it.

OP
Kocky777

Kocky777

Forum Supporter
This would be like the worst advice for me. Not the eating, that actually helps, but aspirine and stuff. I am actually tending towards overstimulation and hyperthyroid, back when I was doing aspirin, I was just burning through every little bit of energy I had, no matter how much I ate. And I got gastritis from it.
Ouch, that does not sound good. I agree, that Aspirine is not good for you. But I'm glad that eating more helps. :)

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals