Insomnia - what should I try next?

My sleep pattern is no sleep one night, scattered sleep the next, no sleep next night, repeat. As indicated by my temperatures, pulse and blood tests, my thyroid function is very good. In the morning my temperature is 97.8, and rises to 98.6 after eating, my pulse to 90bpm. All my other blood markers are very good, such as low PTH, prolactin, TSH. I get a lot of sunlight on my skin everyday, eat lots of a calcium, salt, fruit sugar, protein, and nutrient dense foods like liver.

What I have tried:
- up to 100mg progesterone (no effect)
- up to 1g niacinamide (no effect)
- T3, T3/T4, and T4 (no effect)
- clonidine (no effect)
- up to 2mg cyproheptadine (slight effect)
- theanine (no effect)
- aspirin (no effect)
- magnesium (no effect)
- taurine (no effect)
- gelatin before bed (no effect)
- eggshells before bed (no effect)
- large vitamin a doses (no effect)
- vitamin b1 (no effect)
- large amounts of sucrose in milk before bed / ice-cream (no effect)
- biotin (no effect)
- charcoal (no effect)
- cascara before bed (no effect)
- no supplements at all before bed, or during the day (no effect)

What else could I try for my insomnia?

Razvan

Aspirin at what dosage? Try high 800 iu vitamin e at night for few days,do you feel stress when going to sleep? Do you have bad thoughts? How often do you eat liver? How much calories do you eat?

OP
deliciousfruit
Aspirin at what dosage? Try high 800 iu vitamin e at night for few days,do you feel stress when going to sleep? Do you have bad thoughts? How often do you eat liver? How much calories do you eat?
Tried 1/4 a tablet of aspirin (about ~80mg) to 1 tablet (325mg).
I'd happily try high vitamin e, why do you suggest that though? Also wouldn't be a long term thing if it helped...
I'm always stressed, so yeah I feel stressed going to sleep... I don't really have bad thoughts, because I've lost the ability to think properly because I'm very dissociated.
I eat liver once a week, not sure the exact amount of calories I eat but I remember it being a surplus on those calorie calculator websites, I definitely don't starve myself at all

Razvan

Tried 1/4 a tablet of aspirin (about ~80mg) to 1 tablet (325mg).
I'd happily try high vitamin e, why do you suggest that though? Also wouldn't be a long term thing if it helped...
I'm always stressed, so yeah I feel stressed going to sleep... I don't really have bad thoughts, because I've lost the ability to think properly because I'm very dissociated.
I eat liver once a week, not sure the exact amount of calories I eat but I remember it being a surplus on those calorie calculator websites, I definitely don't starve myself at all
Because vitamin e in that dosages warms the brain and helps me sleep. You need to kill that stress man. Have you tried pansterone and or 5-dhp?it's a great stack together to combat stress. Also creatine makes me sleep faster.
I would also suspect low dopamine levels.

ilhanxx

Are you overthinking so many things before sleep? if so, white noise can help a little bit with small comfortable Bluetooth earphone(yes emf harmfull but). chewing some black seeds before sleep is aid, you will see.

OP
deliciousfruit
Because vitamin e in that dosages warms the brain and helps me sleep. You need to kill that stress man. Have you tried pansterone and or 5-dhp?it's a great stack together to combat stress. Also creatine makes me sleep faster.
I've tried pregnenolone on its own (no effect too), but don't know about the DHEA in pansterone, seeing as my DHEA-S is on the high end. Don't want to mess with other steroids like 5-dhp though, I don't think it's safe. I've tried creatine too lol. Yes I think my dopamine levels are very low, unfortunately I don't seem to be able to increase them no matter what I try.

gaze

in my experience, it's almost always caused by underrating on carbs/fat, or eating an allergen causing histamine. fruit sugar is probably not enough in my experience for the carbs. have you tried tracking calories? if you're 19 you need a good amount of food. you could try an anti histamine if you think it's a allergen issue (nvm saw you already tried cypro)

OP
deliciousfruit
Are you overthinking so many things before sleep? if so, white noise can help a little bit with small comfortable Bluetooth earphone(yes emf harmfull but). chewing some black seeds before sleep is aid, you will see.
Not really overthinking, do feel stressed though. I have a white noise machine, but I'll try chewing some black seeds, thanks

OP
deliciousfruit
in my experience, it's almost always caused by underrating on carbs/fat. fruit sugar is probably not enough in my experience. have you tried tracking calories? if you're 19 you need a good amount of food
I have sibo, so I try and avoid starch, which means my main source of carbs is just fruit and milk unfortunately. I have tracked calories, and I don't remember the exact number, but it was on average a surplus. I do crave potatoes, but am trying to not refeed bacteria

gaze

I have sibo, so I try and avoid starch, which means my main source of carbs is just fruit and milk unfortunately. I have tracked calories, and I don't remember the exact number, but it was on average a surplus. I do crave potatoes, but am trying to not refeed bacteria
i understand, and i had similar worries about starch. if it means anything, eating more potatoes and rice helped me with my bacterial problems immensely. also potatoes have been one of my favorite foods when i'm exchausted. anytime I can't sleep or have a long night a serving of mashed potato's with a lot of salt puts me to sleep, i think it's the keto acids which lower ammonia (ammonia causes a lot of the wakefulness symptoms)

Fred

For me, eating protein-rich meals less than 5 hours before bed gives me sleep issues. Also, chocolate is a stimulant.
Large amounts of OJ/pineapple juice helps me sleep. If I wake up too early, another large serving of juice puts me back to sleep.

74one

About year ago my sleep pattern suddenly begin to change, I couldn't fall asleep right away as before and I would wake up in the middle of the night and couldn't sleep any more. I was in this nightmare for a week until I noticed newly installed cellphone antennas on a building about 500 meters away from my windows. I borrowed a electro-smog meter, the result of testing was 30 mw/m2 that value is about 30000 times exceeds normal 0.001 mw/m2. I used 4 layers of aluminum foil over the wall and window facing antennas, each isolated layer will reduce EMF power about 10 times. As result, my sleep pattern returned to normal and since then I have no more problem with my sleep pattern.
I would suggest to buy or borrow a good EMF tester and test your place and specially bedroom. I used Cornet ED78s RF meter and was surprised when I found a few hot spots in rooms that did not faced antennas. This device is sensitive up to 8GHz which is good range, but with 5G technology it is not enough, from my research there are no 5G RF meters on the market.

Last edited:

frannybananny

Natural supplements that help me go to sleep and stay asleep are Olive Leaf Extract (will lower blood pressure) and /or Milk Thistle for liver support or Burdock Root for liver support. If I really want to conk out I take Melatonin, but just a small pure amount from Sundowners brand... 300 mcg. But then Taurine really works for me also which I see it doesn't for you....Forskoline also works for me. I guess I am just an easy mark but being a musician and having a late night lifestyle for many years has "conditioned" my body to want to go to sleep very late (like after a club gig) and sleep late in the morning. Good Luck!

johnysummer

Why you think low dopamine would cause the sleep issues ?

jomamma007

Have you tried any antibiotics? From my limited understanding, it seems like an endotoxin, histamine, serotonin issue could be causing sleep issues in your case.

Korth C1, Mullington J, Schreiber W, Pollmächer T. Influence of endotoxin on daytime sleep in humans. Infect Immun. 1996 Apr;64(4):1110-15. “Activation of the innate immune system with endotoxin leads to a constellation ofbehaviors similar to depression in humans: anhedonia, decreases in novelty-induced and social behaviors, reduced food intake, and sleep disturbance.” (Larson et al. 2001).

OP
deliciousfruit
Have you tried any antibiotics? From my limited understanding, it seems like an endotoxin, histamine, serotonin issue could be causing sleep issues in your case.

Korth C1, Mullington J, Schreiber W, Pollmächer T. Influence of endotoxin on daytime sleep in humans. Infect Immun. 1996 Apr;64(4):1110-15. “Activation of the innate immune system with endotoxin leads to a constellation ofbehaviors similar to depression in humans: anhedonia, decreases in novelty-induced and social behaviors, reduced food intake, and sleep disturbance.” (Larson et al. 2001).
Yeah, they helped a little bit but the sibo always came back. I'm going to try a combination of herbs, betaine hcl, and probiotics next to deal with it. Endotoxin definitely is the main factor in my poor sleep quality. Nice find on that study

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals