I'm reading a novel from 1966 and it's strikingly Peatish

worrywart

It's Been Down So Long It Looks Like Up to Me by Richard Fariña.

Food is mentioned quite a bit. I'll post a few quotes. They're phone screenshots.

This meal almost reads like a regular Peat meal:

03.jpg

The protagonist carries pieces of cheese in his rucksack that he takes out and eats like a snack. The kind of thing you start doing after you get into Peat, no? I've certainly done it.

02.jpg

This is a list of the kinds of food sophomores eat (it's a campus novel). Not everything here is strictly Peat-approved, but it's certainly closer to it than the average meals of today:

01.jpg

Great novel by the way. I didn't expect it to be great by mere virtue of the author being Thomas Pynchon's friend, but yeah, it's actually great.

Last edited:
It's Been Down So Long It Looks Like Up to Me by Richard Fariña.

Food is mentioned quite a bit. I'll post a few quotes. They're phone screenshots.

This meal almost reads like a regular Peat meal:

View attachment 46689

The protagonist carries pieces of cheese in his rucksack that he takes out and eats like a snack. The kind of thing you start doing after you get into Peat, no? I've certainly done it.

View attachment 46690

This is a list of the kinds of food sophomores eat (it's a campus novel). Not everything here is strictly Peat-approved, but it's certainly closer to it than the average meals of today:

View attachment 46691

Great novel by the way. I didn't expect it to be great by mere virtue of the author being Thomas Pynchon's friend, but yeah, it's actually great.
I don’t see anything “Peaty” about Kraft cheese, breaded chicken, pecan Sandies, Almond Joy, creamed corn, peanut butter, salami, endive salad, tuna fish casserole, pancakes, creamed corn, fried onion rings, frozen peas, shredded spinach, escarole salad, lentil stew, fowl innards, imitation maple syrup or Wonder bread. Not even the Tropicana orange juice or fortified milk is “Peaty”.

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals