Milk Is Brain Food For The Genius

Beastmode

Yeah, same. But I think it's maybe just increased need for fluids in the morning? Many people seem to prefer "light" (meaning less dense -> more water) foods for breakfast.

It was more of an experiment after hearing Peat mention the latte ideas first thing. The first 3-4 days it was hard as I typically want something more dense right away (eggs, mushrooms and cheese.) My system shifted and now really wants the latte's. When I started doing it I figured it would get me that quart of milk in at the least.

My system is pretty good at letting "me" know when it's time to drink more and I'm sure that 2 quart goal will eventually be a daily thing.

lampofred

The only part I liked about eating cereal as a kid was the bit at the end- only milk and whatever remaining sugar sank to the bottom of the bowl.

I remember straining OJ, enjoyed drinking coke and refused to eat margarine when my parents switched from butter, just stuck with dry bread. I didn't drink much milk after my parents switched to skim. Yuck.

Children know what's up.

What was your favorite? Whole or 2%? Would you drink 1% or did it taste just like skim?

ursidae

These are the type of threads I like to see here! It seems like most times I see dairy mentioned here, its people saying to cut it out. Milk is king!
It gives them acne. Nearly everyone here has skin issues. I'd gladly base my diet around this convenient superfood if it wasn't for this

milkboi

It gives them acne. Nearly everyone here has skin issues. I'd gladly base my diet around this convenient superfood if it wasn't for this

I don't think that's actually true for people that milk works for. If it triggers acne, you are not digesting it properly.

ursidae

The more I read about dairy the more I believe you have to be in a perfect state of health to consume it a lot, milk especially. Same goes for fruit juices. Peat diet is only for people in optimal health

OP
Inaut

Inaut

I’m not in a perfect state of health and can easily tolerate a litre and a half of milk a day. My skin has also cleared up substantially and I still keep drinking it. I think I do better on full fat milk as opposed to skim though. I also like the taste much better.

YourUniverse

I’m not in a perfect state of health and can easily tolerate a litre and a half of milk a day. My skin has also cleared up substantially and I still keep drinking it. I think I do better on full fat milk as opposed to skim though. I also like the taste much better.
I do even better on half and half than whole milk

Jib

My brain is like a pinball machine. Wicked OCD and anxiety and everything. Milk is the perfect food for me because of the convenience and the near complete nutrition profile. No cooking, no thinking, just drinking.

It's also inexpensive compared to other food sources for all the fat, protein, and carbohydrates you get.

thomas00

What was your favorite? Whole or 2%? Would you drink 1% or did it taste just like skim?

I remember just avoiding all milk once skim became the only thing available in the house. I would have chugged whole milk if it was available.

I also loved drinking this concentrated orange drink called Raro. It tasted far better than the shelf-stable orange juice my parents used to get. Not very healthy though!

I used to drink a lot of soda at high school and at work in my early 20s. Occasionally tea, never coffee. I hated drinking water.

Once I started reading about health stuff I was on a green tea binge for a few years, forcing as many cups down a day as I could regardless of how much nausea it was causing me.

M

metabolizm

A gallon of milk every day seems like an obscene amount. I had always thought that a gallon was four pints - but no, it's eight pints! I mean, I love milk, but eight pints per day. I can't even imagine craving it that much.

A gallon of milk every day seems like an obscene amount. I had always thought that a gallon was four pints - but no, it's eight pints! I mean, I love milk, but eight pints per day. I can't even imagine craving it that much.

Yeah, far too much liquid IMO

EIRE24

Didn’t you have problems with milk in the beginning though? You did something to be able to tolerate the milk now?

OP
Inaut

Inaut

@EIRE24 I did have issues. I have done a lot of things since recommencing milk drinking but I think the most important was increasing stomach acid production and keeping digestion moving (carrots helped a lot). I use bitters/ginger around meal time which seems to have made a big difference for me as well.

Ecto

Was the milk they drank raw or processed?

@EIRE24 I did have issues. I have done a lot of things since recommencing milk drinking but I think the most important was increasing stomach acid production and keeping digestion moving (carrots helped a lot). I use bitters/ginger around meal time which seems to have made a big difference for me as well.

Also, what did you do to increase your stomach acidity?

EIRE24

I agree and this is what has worked for me also. Oil of oregano works wonders.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals