I'm A Guy And I LOVE Progesterone

ebs

Just wondering how tight skin makes one look older, since it is characteristic of older skin to be saggy, loose, with no flexibility. Face lifts, face peels, etc tighten skin and makes you look younger. I use progesterone on my face and have no complaints.

It was my personal observation/opinion. I didn't like how it made me look. Both atrophy and saggy skin is a result of aging. Some people are more prone to atrophy/tighter skin while others get saggy. Perhaps we simply differ in our definition of what is tight skin. For me there a difference between tight and elastic skin. Youthful skin is more "full" instead of tight.

Basically what happened was there was too much loss of water retention in my face and so made it appear smaller and less attractive. Others might disagree but I can only be my own judge.

The effect may definitely be beneficial for people who have a chubby face and/or saggy skin and could use some more definition. My facial features are already defined by itself so if my skin becomes too tight it looks atrophied, again from my own pov.

Btw, I recall an earlier conversation we had. Lets's put in perspective here, I was putting 3 drops on my face (which is about 10mg) while you're using a non therapeutic dose (as you said to me) mixed with coconut oil. So that might explain why the effect on my skin was too radical.

Last edited:

Fexxx

Hey Guys any Updates here?
Are you still using Prog?
And what are your experiences with additional DHEA, Ratio ect?

Many Thanks

opethfeldt

Im using prog at 2 drops of Progestene. 1.7mg per drop I think. Any more than that and I get feminization. It tends to build up over time. I have no idea how some guys use 100mg or crazy doses like that. Women produce something like 20-30mg a day so that seems incredibly excessive to me both in theory and through experience. Low dose prog is great though. I mostly use it as an AI. I don't feel it does much for cortisol. DHEA is far better for that purpose in my experience.

Fexxx

Thanks Guys.
I read haidhut talked about a 3 to 1 ratio in the range of 15 prog and 5 dhea. Have you also played with such amounts?

vulture

Thanks for starting this thread. I only recently tried experimenting with progesterone. I always had the impression it was more geared for the ladies, but I wish I had tried it sooner.

I had been taking (oral) pregnenolone, with great results at first, but then less great results as time went on. I got the impression that maybe it wasn't being converted down the most desirable hormone pathways, especially when I was under stress. I suspected it was often being converted to cortisol, which was making me grumpy/cranky and causing problems with my digestive system. I wasn't getting the euphoric feeling anymore; I would sometimes drift towards the helpless-feeling end of the spectrum. But it was hard to nail down, because sometimes when I was under stress, a large dose of pregnenolone would make life feel like "no worries, I can handle this, I'll get it under control." I couldn't figure out why sometimes pregnenolone seemed to stop stress, and sometimes it seemed to feed a cortisol reaction. I know the hormone pathways, but don't have a good grasp of why they make one transition rather than another. Happy to hear if anyone can share their knowledge here...

Anyways, I'm 2 weeks into my progesterone experiment, taking about 20mg/day spread out in 4x 5mg doses rubbed into the forearms. Hands down it is working more reliably than pregnenolone for me, and in the middle of a lot of at-work stress, too. I have a positive, "this is no sweat" outlook, and feel more compassionate towards others. Sometime pregnenolone seemed to make me feel cold towards people. I feel like I 'dance through' social interactions much more skillfully and playfully, as others have noted. Skin is looking more "sleek" and uniform all around. Appetite is way up so that I have to eat way more often. I have not noticed any ill effects, shrinkage, or loss of libido. I'm going to keep up at this dosage until I run into problems. The consistency of effect so far is definitely a huge plus.
Can you update us with your progesterone usage/experience?

DrJ

Still good and still would recommend. After doing some more reading, it seemed wise to take a week off of it every 4 weeks or so, so I do 3 weeks on, 1 week off. Also, I've noticed that I needed to consume more B-vitamins with this as I think it's generally raising my metabolism. I felt better when I increased thiamine specifically and took a little more of a b mutlivitamin lacking thiamine to cover the spectrum.

vulture

Still good and still would recommend. After doing some more reading, it seemed wise to take a week off of it every 4 weeks or so, so I do 3 weeks on, 1 week off. Also, I've noticed that I needed to consume more B-vitamins with this as I think it's generally raising my metabolism. I felt better when I increased thiamine specifically and took a little more of a b mutlivitamin lacking thiamine to cover the spectrum.
How is your temp and pulse since using prog?

DrJ

How is your temp and pulse since using prog?
I've been staying above 98.3 more consistently. But biggest improvement is heart rate. I came from a background of doing endurance running and triathlon where my resting heart rate used to be 50-55bpm. Now I am doing much better at always keeping it above 70 and usually around 75. I'm thinking that above 80 might be possible in the near future.

vulture

Thanks for starting this thread. I only recently tried experimenting with progesterone. I always had the impression it was more geared for the ladies, but I wish I had tried it sooner.

I had been taking (oral) pregnenolone, with great results at first, but then less great results as time went on. I got the impression that maybe it wasn't being converted down the most desirable hormone pathways, especially when I was under stress. I suspected it was often being converted to cortisol, which was making me grumpy/cranky and causing problems with my digestive system. I wasn't getting the euphoric feeling anymore; I would sometimes drift towards the helpless-feeling end of the spectrum. But it was hard to nail down, because sometimes when I was under stress, a large dose of pregnenolone would make life feel like "no worries, I can handle this, I'll get it under control." I couldn't figure out why sometimes pregnenolone seemed to stop stress, and sometimes it seemed to feed a cortisol reaction. I know the hormone pathways, but don't have a good grasp of why they make one transition rather than another. Happy to hear if anyone can share their knowledge here...

Anyways, I'm 2 weeks into my progesterone experiment, taking about 20mg/day spread out in 4x 5mg doses rubbed into the forearms. Hands down it is working more reliably than pregnenolone for me, and in the middle of a lot of at-work stress, too. I have a positive, "this is no sweat" outlook, and feel more compassionate towards others. Sometime pregnenolone seemed to make me feel cold towards people. I feel like I 'dance through' social interactions much more skillfully and playfully, as others have noted. Skin is looking more "sleek" and uniform all around. Appetite is way up so that I have to eat way more often. I have not noticed any ill effects, shrinkage, or loss of libido. I'm going to keep up at this dosage until I run into problems. The consistency of effect so far is definitely a huge plus.
What product are you using?
Here I can find micronized progesterone softgels on the market (intended for intravaginal usage)

ebs

Im using prog at 2 drops of Progestene. 1.7mg per drop I think. Any more than that and I get feminization. It tends to build up over time. I have no idea how some guys use 100mg or crazy doses like that. Women produce something like 20-30mg a day so that seems incredibly excessive to me both in theory and through experience. Low dose prog is great though. I mostly use it as an AI. I don't feel it does much for cortisol. DHEA is far better for that purpose in my experience.

Young men produce that amount. RP states that 10-15 mg prog restores normal levels in the body during chronic stress so I interpret that this is the amount he recommends.

baccheion

Young men produce that amount. RP states that 10-15 mg prog restores normal levels in the body during chronic stress so I interpret that this is the amount he recommends.
10-15 orally or topically? How does it compare to vitamin B5 + C (500 mg : 1g)?

vulture

I just found micronized progesterone in softgels. Shitty excipients. It haves 50 Mg per 0.1 ml.
I have read that orally it’s not absorbable due to stomach acid, but softgels seems so hard that it might pass the stomach and indications say it’s suited for oral usage.
What do you think? What if I apply it topically? I’m not sure if I should try it oral or not, because if I take a soft gel it’s going to have 200 mg

Attachments

• 62715E73-4C04-4A73-BFE4-4FFCE18820B4.jpeg
    62715E73-4C04-4A73-BFE4-4FFCE18820B4.jpeg
    175.2 KB · Views: 9

vulture

I just found micronized progesterone in softgels. Shitty excipients. It haves 50 Mg per 0.1 ml.
I have read that orally it’s not absorbable due to stomach acid, but softgels seems so hard that it might pass the stomach and indications say it’s suited for oral usage.
What do you think? What if I apply it topically? I’m not sure if I should try it oral or not, because if I take a soft gel it’s going to have 200 mg
I discovered this is almost identical to prometrium. So, I applied 0.1 ml (contains 50 mg progesterone) to wrists (topical). Let’s see how I feel. Sadly there’s few info on using this topically. And trying 200 mg of progesterone in a male doesn’t looks like a good idea. Since I’ve being having problems to sleep, if I sleep decently and relaxed I assume it worked.
Another way to absorb it I think it could be in the nose, because it’s supposed to be Used vaginally or orally. I guess if i put some cream inside my nose it will absorb also

opethfeldt

Yeah, that was my understanding as well. However, it's being added to your natural production. I think that's why it gets anti androgenic quickly in certain individuals. Maybe my natural production is already pretty high.

GorillaHead

Okay someone needs to explain what the hell is going on here. I applied 20mg of trandermal progesterone first time ever. And my body is super warm my chest super hot. My feet still cold. Hands warm.

but the biggest effect is my insane energy levels. I am talking so much and acting like i took adderall. In fact it feels like i am experiencing an adderall affect without so much of the tunnel vision effect.

i am talking hella and super passionate and energetic. Whats going on?

InChristAlone

Okay someone needs to explain what the hell is going on here. I applied 20mg of trandermal progesterone first time ever. And my body is super warm my chest super hot. My feet still cold. Hands warm.

but the biggest effect is my insane energy levels. I am talking so much and acting like i took adderall. In fact it feels like i am experiencing an adderall affect without so much of the tunnel vision effect.

i am talking hella and super passionate and energetic. Whats going on?
Welcome to the world of youth hormones!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals