My Low Dose Progesterone Experience (so Far)

Bodhi

I assumed that the whole idea of Peatin /improving thyroid was to activate ones ability to create the right hormones like prog. yourself.....

churchmouth

Indeed. From some interviews it kind of sounds like Progesterone would be a useful tool for speeding up the process of shifting your body away from an excess estrogen state. I will be starting a low dose progestone experiment of my own, but expect it to be short duration.

hang loose

It just makes me well. I have hypothyroidism and thyroid meds help as you would expect BUT i never had full energy until a used progesterone. It is obviously aiding the cortisol / DHEA balance by providing more cortisol and so freeing up DHEA. These hormones need to be in balance for us to be healthy. So i imagine this is what prog is doing.

Hypothyroid patients are very often low in DHEA and cortisol because the body is over using cortisol to compensate for low thyroid hormone. Even when you take thyroid hormone it can still be difficult to correct this issue. Prog helps hands down. I tried pregnenalone and hydrocortisone over the years but these just don't do the same job.

Thanks @marsaday :)

Just curious: would you mind telling your age?

Have you noticed any skin improvements with progesterone?

Stud

definitly now what you mean with that low serotonin state and how you look at things felt like this for months at a time with a combination of high dose caffeine, high dose dht, high dose taurine and androsteNone. everything seems more brighter en extremely HD too. Does me really thinking about the scene in limitless where the woman takes NZT to get rid of that guy with the knife. like a different perspective and seeing more things. less focussed vision. I could also see the earth was round just by looking at the sky. the sky looked like a big reversed half bowl if you know what I mean.

OP
D

Dhair

I am probably going to spread out the dosage. Three or 4 days a week sounds about right. The progesterone + androsterone combo seems to be good at eliminating panic, but it is incredibly sedating. Hard to function in that state. Regardless, I will keep using it and I stand by my statement that it is an incredibly effective tool. I will keep updating this thread.
definitly now what you mean with that low serotonin state and how you look at things felt like this for months at a time with a combination of high dose caffeine, high dose dht, high dose taurine and androsteNone. everything seems more brighter en extremely HD too. Does me really thinking about the scene in limitless where the woman takes NZT to get rid of that guy with the knife. like a different perspective and seeing more things. less focussed vision. I could also see the earth was round just by looking at the sky. the sky looked like a big reversed half bowl if you know what I mean.
I definitely know what you mean. The gonadal steroids are all serotonin antagonists. All roads lead to low serotonin. It's almost unbelievable how the pharma industry has been so effective at misleading the public when it comes to serotonin. That is, I wouldn't believe it if I didn't already know better.
You bring up an interesting point. I think flat-earthers are actually suffering from a kind of high serotonin psychosis. In a high serotonin state, people seem like robots and the world feels flat and meaningless.

Last edited:

churchmouth

I'm trying 6mg every second day. Haven't been able to identify any effect from it yet. I am tempted to try a higher dose so I can "feel" what progesterone is doing, however this seems risky.

male 28, 6ft, 68kg, lean, some cellulite lines around my ****.
High measured testosterone, high oestradial, high SHBG. Lab confirmed Progesterone was not high, but all it showed was that I was less than some criteria.

OP
D

Dhair

I'm trying 6mg every second day. Haven't been able to identify any effect from it yet. I am tempted to try a higher dose so I can "feel" what progesterone is doing, however this seems risky.

male 28, 6ft, 68kg, lean, some cellulite lines around my ****.
High measured testosterone, high oestradial, high SHBG. Lab confirmed Progesterone was not high, but all it showed was that I was less than some criteria.
If you are just trying to bring your estradiol down, there are plenty of other options besides progesterone. If your T and SHBG are already high, then I'm not surprised that it's not having any noticeable effects. There's nothing "risky" about using progesterone. If you want to try a higher dose, then I say go for it. Have you tried vitamin E? It has some overlapping properties with progesterone given its specific anti-estrogen effects. Something like Tocovit could probably bring your estradiol down quickly.

churchmouth

If you are just trying to bring your estradiol down, there are plenty of other options besides progesterone. If your T and SHBG are already high, then I'm not surprised that it's not having any noticeable effects. There's nothing "risky" about using progesterone. If you want to try a higher dose, then I say go for it. Have you tried vitamin E? It has some overlapping properties with progesterone given its specific anti-estrogen effects. Something like Tocovit could probably bring your estradiol down quickly.

I am employing: healthnatura vitE, daily white button mushroom soup, small weight session twice a week, carrots, 2 cups coffee, carrots, occasional cypro or microdose mushrooms (once or bi-monthly instead of drinking alcohol, though I wonder if this could be affecting hormones negatively) etc.
Keen to try some idealabs products soon to see if any difference.

I am seeing some increased (new) hair growth from my nipples extending towards the centre, as well as significant amounts (a different color from my regular pubic hair) from my pubic area up to my belly button (previously barren). To me I am deeming as a positive change, though I am not sure what hormone has changed to get this effect. Monitoring my s*** skin (peating has made pimples crazy and blocked pores all over body for me), varicocele as well for improvements. The main issue is I seem to have cycles of euphoria/ intense love feelings towards females - and then a few days later I'll crash feeling tired/ low cortisol feelings with increased breakouts! Will try the progesterone next time I am feeling the crash.

OP
D

Dhair

I am employing: healthnatura vitE, daily white button mushroom soup, small weight session twice a week, carrots, 2 cups coffee, carrots, occasional cypro or microdose mushrooms (once or bi-monthly instead of drinking alcohol, though I wonder if this could be affecting hormones negatively) etc.
Keen to try some idealabs products soon to see if any difference.

I am seeing some increased (new) hair growth from my nipples extending towards the centre, as well as significant amounts (a different color from my regular pubic hair) from my pubic area up to my belly button (previously barren). To me I am deeming as a positive change, though I am not sure what hormone has changed to get this effect. Monitoring my s*** skin (peating has made pimples crazy and blocked pores all over body for me), varicocele as well for improvements. The main issue is I seem to have cycles of euphoria/ intense love feelings towards females - and then a few days later I'll crash feeling tired/ low cortisol feelings with increased breakouts! Will try the progesterone next time I am feeling the crash.
What do you think is causing the "intense love" feelings? I would bet it is the estrogen. When I was on SSRIs I would go through periods of that, just how you describe it.
Love isn't bad, but obsessive/fantasizing feelings I think are highly serotonin and cortisol driven. I think when serotonin and estrogen are low, you live in a kind of flow state where you don't think too much about the specific nuances of relationships because you are in the moment and content with living life on its own terms. There isn't much room for rumination in that state.
Just my two cents.

Progesterone

Hey Boys,

I was on Progesterone, healthnatura brand, 100mg in OO size capsule and swallowed before bed, for 7 months.

Using it for hair loss purposes.

Then I started using Thyroid, etc, etc... and had hair shedding, and ultimately stopped progesterone.

NOW I AM BACK ON PROGESTERONE, as of 3 days ago. HealthNatura brand.

Again, mainly using it for hairloss, but it also makes me feel great.

I do wonder how if I should maybe take it every 12 hrs (Wray on ProgesteroneTherapy.com says you should dose every 12hrs).

I also wonder, if I should continue dosing it in a capsule, or just pour on tongue/in mouth, hold for a bit, then swallow?

Topically on body it doesn't seem or feel as potent as dosing in mouth.

Or perhaps directly on scalp?

I know someone who had great results for hairloss by using a prescription natural progesterone at 100mg taken every other day. This is why I was dosing via capsules.

Any input boys?

Also.. anyone noticing better hair? less shedding? or more shedding?

One word of caution... I definitely, did notice, less pleasurable orgasms and sex/masturbation while on progesterone VS off it. It's not a HUGE difference, but there is a bit of a difference. Nothing to really worry about though. Small small difference you will only notice once you come off Progesterone after having taken it for a long time.

OP
D

Dhair

Hey Boys,

I was on Progesterone, healthnatura brand, 100mg in OO size capsule and swallowed before bed, for 7 months.

Using it for hair loss purposes.

Then I started using Thyroid, etc, etc... and had hair shedding, and ultimately stopped progesterone.

NOW I AM BACK ON PROGESTERONE, as of 3 days ago. HealthNatura brand.

Again, mainly using it for hairloss, but it also makes me feel great.

I do wonder how if I should maybe take it every 12 hrs (Wray on ProgesteroneTherapy.com says you should dose every 12hrs).

I also wonder, if I should continue dosing it in a capsule, or just pour on tongue/in mouth, hold for a bit, then swallow?

Topically on body it doesn't seem or feel as potent as dosing in mouth.

Or perhaps directly on scalp?

I know someone who had great results for hairloss by using a prescription natural progesterone at 100mg taken every other day. This is why I was dosing via capsules.

Any input boys?

Also.. anyone noticing better hair? less shedding? or more shedding?

One word of caution... I definitely, did notice, less pleasurable orgasms and sex/masturbation while on progesterone VS off it. It's not a HUGE difference, but there is a bit of a difference. Nothing to really worry about though. Small small difference you will only notice once you come off Progesterone after having taken it for a long time.
That's quite a high dose for a male. What other effects are you noticing?
If you are using it only for hair loss, then you should probably use it topically. However, 100mg for 7 months should have been more than enough to stop it.

Progesterone

100mg could potentially be feminizing, but it's different for everybody.
Are you taking 100mg daily of the healthnatura progesterone? If so, that is a LOT.
Also, I don't think it matters how you take it, Ray Peat has said that he uses it topically.

100mg is a lot, but the fact that it's taken in a Capsule... doesn't that make it less bioavail?

Or does that not count since this has vit E? the capsule probably breaks down and releases eventually?

Ray Peat said using it in the mouth is the most economical way to use it and most powerful, I believe.

I'm only using it orally in capsule because I know someone who takes prescription progesterone pills and cured his hairloss..

OP
D

Dhair

100mg is a lot, but the fact that it's taken in a Capsule... doesn't that make it less bioavail?

Or does that not count since this has vit E? the capsule probably breaks down and releases eventually?

Ray Peat said using it in the mouth is the most economical way to use it and most powerful, I believe.

I'm only using it orally in capsule because I know someone who takes prescription progesterone pills and cured his hairloss..
I edited my post.
I think 100mg should have been more than enough to fix that. How bad is your hair loss? Probably not nearly as bad as mine. Anyway, I would use it topically with a few mg of DHEA. I don't know If I could handle that much progesterone.

Progesterone

I edited my post.
I think 100mg should have been more than enough to fix that. How bad is your hair loss? Probably not nearly as bad as mine. Anyway, I would use it topically with a few mg of DHEA. I don't know If I could handle that much progesterone.

You think I should use topically on scalp?? or anywhere on skin?

How bad is your hair?

You can do 100mg easy... it feels good. Relaxing! :)

OP
D

Dhair

You think I should use topically on scalp?? or anywhere on skin?

How bad is your hair?

You can do 100mg easy... it feels good. Relaxing! :)
Well, I lost almost all of my hair in about a 3 year period. It is extremely thin. I wear a hat and shave my head.
I think you should probably use it directly on the scalp. Ray Peat has mentioned doing this combined with a little DHEA.
You don't find 100mg to be too sedating? Do you notice the serotonin antagonism?

Mary Pruter

My 91 year old mother got diarrhea from it very bad. It caused her to be weak she also turned down food I could only get her to eat one meal a day. She ended up falling and hitting her head. She' in a hospital now, dying. Be careful if you give it to the elderly.

mjs

Got my first ever Progest E bottle in today, I've used it in on the gums of my mouth and a little on my ankles, and one drop on my nose cause I had a pimple there on my nose.

Can't say anything about the effects yet.
I was surprised the "oil" is actually very sticky, more like honey actually. Is this correct?

I've read about the advice to use allot straight away, but as Im already aware of my food and pufa for some years, and far from the estrogenic person I used to be. I doubt I need a big dosing. I do felt the "urge" to use more after using it tho.

johnsmith

@Dhair No one seemed to answer your question as to how long you can keep this up.

I used Pansterone + Andro for a year straight in the past. It made me feel remarkably better. Im also an ex-fin user. I feel like s**t when I'm not on neurosteroids.

I want to try the Progesterone/DHEA/Andro combo next. As I have heard this combo might be better for us? But I need to figure out how to dose/cycle in a way appropriate for longer term use. I think I have heard problems can arise from frequent long term use of DHEA and or Andro, but less so in the case of Preg or Prog?

Keep us posted as to how things go.

Wagner83

My 91 year old mother got diarrhea from it very bad. It caused her to be weak she also turned down food I could only get her to eat one meal a day. She ended up falling and hitting her head. She' in a hospital now, dying. Be careful if you give it to the elderly.
That's horrible, which brand did you use and how much?
@Dhair No one seemed to answer your question as to how long you can keep this up.

I used Pansterone + Andro for a year straight in the past. It made me feel remarkably better. Im also an ex-fin user. I feel like s**t when I'm not on neurosteroids.

I want to try the Progesterone/DHEA/Andro combo next. As I have heard this combo might be better for us? But I need to figure out how to dose/cycle in a way appropriate for longer term use. I think I have heard problems can arise from frequent long term use of DHEA and or Andro, but less so in the case of Preg or Prog?

Why did you decide to stop the combination of pansterone and androsterone? Did you notice anything particular when you stopped, like feeling much worse and then improving overtime?

OP
D

Dhair

I'm not sure that I have PFS. I only used fin for about 2 weeks, if that. I did become very anxious and stopped it, but I also used flouroqinolone antibiotics, and that is what caused me to crash.
The progesterone built up quickly. Too much water retention. Definitely a noticeable anesthetic effect, and I think this is what caused me to wake up sometimes questioning where I am. I want to continue to use it. I plan on going on TRT soon, and I will probably add it back in at that point.