What should I supplement, if anything?

OP
K

Kelly

kettlebell said:
Hi Kelly,

I think too little estrogen is highly unlikely unless you have already been using aromatase inhibitors etc. Couple that with the fact that estrogen raises energy demands while blocking a cells ability to generate energy leading to the metabolic issues that creates, I don't believe estrogen is a good idea. I don't believe it would ever be a good idea. There may be conditions out there that require synthetic estrogen to be used but I haven't heard of any. Someone please correct me if im wrong.

Also the estrogen you would be taking is created by a pharmaceutical and likely carries other unwanted side effects due to it being synthetic and changed chemically for patent purposes.

Just my opinion of course! :):

Thanks kettlebell. I agree that too little estrogen is unlikely, and even if a person did have it, it could probably be treated with diet, lifestyle, maybe some thyroid. I'm just not convinced there's never a reason to take it.

Rachel

kettlebell said:
Hi Kelly,

I think too little estrogen is highly unlikely unless you have already been using aromatase inhibitors etc. Couple that with the fact that estrogen raises energy demands while blocking a cells ability to generate energy leading to the metabolic issues that creates, I don't believe estrogen is a good idea. I don't believe it would ever be a good idea. There may be conditions out there that require synthetic estrogen to be used but I haven't heard of any. Someone please correct me if im wrong.

Also the estrogen you would be taking is created by a pharmaceutical and likely carries other unwanted side effects due to it being synthetic and changed chemically for patent purposes.

Just my opinion of course! :):
:yeahthat

OP
K

Kelly

I have read many of Dr. Peat's articles, but somehow missed the one called "Tissue-bound estrogen in aging". This cleared up a ton of my estrogen questions. It seems like one of his shorter articles but really packs a punch, wow.

kettlebell

Kelly said:
I have read many of Dr. Peat's articles, but somehow missed the one called "Tissue-bound estrogen in aging". This cleared up a ton of my estrogen questions. It seems like one of his shorter articles but really packs a punch, wow.

Yep, Hes a smart guy! I find his articles a pleasure to read.

AmandaWald

Have you ever wondered whether you have celiac disease?

I was just wondering if your inability to gain weight could also be related to a gluten issue. How does your body react when you eat wheat-based foods?

Just a thought. Mr Peat doesn't think we should eat gluten, period.