How Often Should I Eat Liver To Remedy Dandruff

Francisco

I am trying to remedy severe dandruff and scalp inflammation. I have been consuming a small portion of beef liver (about half a slice) for a couple weeks now. Could I increase the portion to a full slice per week?
I actually enjoy the taste of beef liver the way I prepare it.

anyfit

As someone who also battled with dandruff, vitamin A did not help at all in my case, only vitamin E did.

I also tried liver but the only thing to fully stop the dandruff was vitamin E , make sure you get one that is high in D-gamma .

Im pretty sure a lot of people get dandruff from peating because the most common sources of vitamin e are in pufa rich food so when you avoid them you can easily be low on vitamin e without realizing it.

baccheion

Mix some potassium iodide powder/grains in water and apply all over scalp. Should get rid of dandruff for months.

vitamins B2, B6, zinc, magnesium, biotin..

Last edited:
I don't know if what I had was dandruff or "seborrheic dermatitis" but I was recently having some thick yellow waxy flakes on the top of my scalp (they looked like the 2nd picture here: Seborrheic dermatitis - Symptoms and causes ). Eating more canned oysters seemed to have gotten rid of it. Maybe I was very deficient in zinc. I had one can a day for a week and haven't noticed those flakes that I used to see on the top of my scalp.

OP
Francisco

Francisco

As someone who also battled with dandruff, vitamin A did not help at all in my case, only vitamin E did.

I also tried liver but the only thing to fully stop the dandruff was vitamin E , make sure you get one that is high in D-gamma .

Im pretty sure a lot of people get dandruff from peating because the most common sources of vitamin e are in pufa rich food so when you avoid them you can easily be low on vitamin e without realizing it.

I’ve been dealing with this dandruff long before Peating.

What are some good food sources of vitamin E though?

OP
Francisco

Francisco

I don't know if what I had was dandruff or "seborrheic dermatitis" but I was recently having some thick yellow waxy flakes on the top of my scalp (they looked like the 2nd picture here: Seborrheic dermatitis - Symptoms and causes ). Eating more canned oysters seemed to have gotten rid of it. Maybe I was very deficient in zinc. I had one can a day for a week and haven't noticed those flakes that I used to see on the top of my scalp.

I think what I have might be more accurately describe as seborrheic dermatitis too.

julcreutz

@Francisco Currently eating about 200g-300g PER DAY and skin is rapidly improving. Coming from 6 months of low VA diet tho, so maybe that influences that a bit.

baccheion

@Francisco Currently eating about 200g-300g PER DAY and skin is rapidly improving. Coming from 6 months of low VA diet tho, so maybe that influences that a bit.
I was thinking of a liver + fruit (eg, orange juice) diet. I'd add enough oysters or something to balance zinc:copper and would eat all liver + oysters in 1-2 meals.

What else are you eating? CRON-o-meter screenshot? Any plan on before/after labs or is this only temporary?

J

james2388

Scalp is most likely dry from hot showers, specific shampoos, clogged pores, try using coconut oil or olive oil on scalp

aniciete

How much vitamin e?

L_C

I am trying to remedy severe dandruff and scalp inflammation. I have been consuming a small portion of beef liver (about half a slice) for a couple weeks now. Could I increase the portion to a full slice per week?
I actually enjoy the taste of beef liver the way I prepare it.
If you have inflammation, I would look into gut issues. I used to have inflammation, dry dandruff and hair loss due to endotoxins.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals