Best Way To Consume Liver

Josh

So finally got some liver on the way to try and deal with my eczema/dry skin and general health.. First tim ever eating liver or something this high in vitamin A.. Should i start small and increase over the weeks? or just go for the full 100g this week, 100g next week etc ...

I've always worried about hypervitaminosis.. I already consume foods with vit A daily: 100-120g gruyere cheese daily, Butter like 30-40g daily, 2 eggs sometimes daily.. then i consume beta carotene forms like sweets pots from time to time, carrot, fruits etc..
How much liver should i be consuming weekly?

(I'll probably just bake it in a closed pyrex casserole thing, i want to cook it as minimal as possible, is this recommended ?)
Thanks!

post from Chewing The Carrots Question

That's very interesting. Looking at things from an energy standpoint, the body is in such an electron deficient state, also maybe that's the name - poor redox, that cells proliferate but cannot actually conduct and the body turns on its own antioxidant defense system and becomes this growing feedback loop. Always postulating ofcouse maybe that's when uncle Jacky comes int with Magnetism, Light, Water, and unoxidized DHA.

I obtain the frozen liver from a local chain supermarket, prepackaged frozen about 3$lb with nearly 3lbs in a container. Try not to stab myself seperating the frozen slabs, and then cutting them in thin pieces. Take more than a few a small sip of water, toss em in like popcorn, inhale and at the end of exhale swallow. And it should be a gagless experience lol and it makes it possible to have a bit of liver with every meal, or atleast once a day. Instead of thawing a whole bunch out, going through whatever process of cooking it and then having to freeze the leftovers. Since you can only eat so much liver unless it comes in a small package. And you worry about fridge bacteria creating endotoxins in your leftover food and thawing out that food as well....

I think this chain of thought has brought about a new concept to fridge bacteria and their role in creating endotoxin, any threads on that? You guys are fascinating.

Matt C

I've tried Chicken, lamb and calves liver. For me, calves liver is by far the best tasting. Lamb's fry has such a metallic smell it's off putting when preparing it, doesn't taste much better either.

I've never liked liver but i can't believe how far i've come thanks to the calve's liver. I buy fresh from an organic butcher. cook a whole bunch of onions and bacon in a pan with lots of butter, remove these items and then flash fry the liver in the juices with sometimes some added duck fat/butter.
I chop the liver up in small pieces and try not to cook too long or it gets tough. I also throw in a mexican spice mix and/or double smoked paprika - pair the liver/onions/bacon with some mash potatoe and its a good hearty meal.

Inaut

Somebody posted about adding liver to ground beef. I do this. Chop it up in tiny pieces, cook the beef and when it’s almost done, I add in the liver. I know hot sauce isn’t a preferred condiment round these parts but some Franks over top of the liver and a base of vermicelli makes it quite good. Wash it down with a coke and all is well.

Ps. Thursday’s are fresh liver days at my local butcher shop so I try and get it when it’s purple/deep redish

Momado965

Lamb/beef liver parboiled in vinegar then fried in butter/ghee/coconut oil with onions, green bell peppers, green chili peppers, sumac and balsamic vinegar. Tasty !

Matt C

Lamb/beef liver parboiled in vinegar then fried in butter/ghee/coconut oil with onions, green bell peppers, green chili peppers, sumac and balsamic vinegar. Tasty !

That sounds awesome, might give it a go. I have sumac but never know what to put it on.

Gone Peating

liver is kind of a weird food for me

it makes me feel kind of off, almost on edge

but i still eat it for the supposed benefits every once in awhile lol

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals