Just Had Some Extensive Blood Test Results Come In, Need Help

Josh

Hey everyone!

Newest extensive results (Fasted): https://imgur.com/a/d4813g6
2019 April results (Fasted): https://imgur.com/a/sexylum

-As you can see, cortisol and the prolactin levels are high. The only thing i suspect causing this is my sleep and general stress/anxiety in my life. I got the blood taken at 8:30AM and literally that night before i had literally 1-2 hour of sleep from like 6:00-7:30AM and then was woken up by my alarm. I was anxious and nervous about NOT getting sleep that night which caused me to not sleep lol. I sleep ok normally, not the best but its okay. I am an anxious and stressed out person overall too, throughout the day etc so not sure if this would effect my blood tests.

Current symptoms:
  • Fatigue (Which I do feel could be related to the gut as i feel as though i get worse fatigue after eating a meal).
  • Brain fog sometimes.
  • Erections quality is really not great at all. (Although i do get crazy libido sometimes depending on anxiety).
  • Skin: My overall eczema has improved SOOOO much, rarely get flare ups anymore, But i do still struggle with eczema on my hands (Being washed more often) and my facial skin is a mystery, It’s red easily/dry/tight and gets red, also have that issue with the sebaceous filaments which i can’t get to the bottom too.
  • Hair loss (Just like MPB). But thin overall.
  • Not completely optimal sleep, wake throughout the night, can’t ever sleep in.
  • Body and facial hair growth is quite low. Despite high test, I don't have a deep voice either.

Lifestyle info:
  • I’ve gone through long periods of weight lifting 5-6 times a week, but eased at the minute.
  • Take no medication/hormones of any sort.
  • Stay aligned with circadian rhythm through getting sun light in the morning/day time, avoiding blue light at night so that’s not a factor for my not so optimal sleep.

Questions:
  • I’m going to re-test for cortisol and try and get a 24 hour urinary test but what could be causing this high cortisol? Especially as i had the same thing last year? Could it be my bad sleep the night before? What can i do to help this? Adrenal issue as I also have the high DHEA?
  • Prolactin, again, could this be caused by the sleep the night before? It wasn’t as high last year at 250. What’s that about?
  • Cholesterol is slightly too high, If you see last year cholesterol results compared to this year they’ve only increased VERY slightly despite consuming LOTS of butter/red meat/eggs over the last year. Is this a concern? I think from what i’ve seen it’s not an issue here. Should i be reducing my sat fat intake?
  • Kidney markers: Creatinine high? I do eat a lot of meat/protein in general? But no more than 150g as i only weigh like 150 pounds.

DIET: https://imgur.com/a/RGFiv76
Along with this, I also take:
-Thorne K2 4 drops a week.
-AC GRACE Vit E 400IU twice a week.
-Was eating 100g liver a week but eased off on it a sec as the taste repulses me.
-Use a lot of salt.
-CANNOT eat ANY form of dairy as it gives me bad eczema, I know my phosphorus/calcium is not optimal but got no choice really.

Thanks so much, I'm investigating this is all myself but always nice to have some of your pointers!

gaze

I think your eating a little too much protein, especially from meat. Your calcium/phosphate ratio which you know is bad is related to a lot of those blood markers, such as high cortisol, high cholestrol, lower kidney function. You need calcium some way, have you tried drinking boiled green leafy vegetable water? Also don’t take vitamin k2 if your not eating any calcium. Calcium supplements are unreliable IMO

shine

You're low in folate. Deficiency in folate can cause erectile dysfunction, fatigue, brain fog. I'd buy a high quality B-complex that has methylfolate in it, for example "Pure encapsulations B-complex plus".

OP
J

Josh

I think your eating a little too much protein, especially from meat. Your calcium/phosphate ratio which you know is bad is related to a lot of those blood markers, such as high cortisol, high cholestrol, lower kidney function. You need calcium some way, have you tried drinking boiled green leafy vegetable water? Also don’t take vitamin k2 if your not eating any calcium. Calcium supplements are unreliable IMO

Hmm yeah i mean, this day of eating is for when i'm in the gym 5-6 days a week, the extra meat is needed then (and i will up the fat/carb sources on gym days to as i know calories would be quite low for this). Hmm you really the calcium/phosphate ratio really causes that many problems? Well i'm taking a really high quality bone meal powder supplement if you see the cronometer, and i'm going to start with a Calcium MCHA sup alongside it, Never really fancied the green leafy water..

Last edited:
OP
J

Josh

You're low in folate. Deficiency in folate can cause erectile dysfunction, fatigue, brain fog. I'd buy a high quality B-complex that has methylfolate in it, for example "Pure encapsulations B-complex plus".

ahh yes forgot to list that down in my post, easy fix that one, and totally understandable that i'm low in it, my cronometer folate is always on the low end because i never eat any greens/legumes etc but yeah gonna look for a good sup for it

Recoen

Hey everyone!

Newest extensive results (Fasted): https://imgur.com/a/d4813g6
2019 April results (Fasted): https://imgur.com/a/sexylum

-As you can see, cortisol and the prolactin levels are high. The only thing i suspect causing this is my sleep and general stress/anxiety in my life. I got the blood taken at 8:30AM and literally that night before i had literally 1-2 hour of sleep from like 6:00-7:30AM and then was woken up by my alarm. I was anxious and nervous about NOT getting sleep that night which caused me to not sleep lol. I sleep ok normally, not the best but its okay. I am an anxious and stressed out person overall too, throughout the day etc so not sure if this would effect my blood tests.

Current symptoms:
  • Fatigue (Which I do feel could be related to the gut as i feel as though i get worse fatigue after eating a meal).
  • Brain fog sometimes.
  • Erections quality is really not great at all. (Although i do get crazy libido sometimes depending on anxiety).
  • Skin: My overall eczema has improved SOOOO much, rarely get flare ups anymore, But i do still struggle with eczema on my hands (Being washed more often) and my facial skin is a mystery, It’s red easily/dry/tight and gets red, also have that issue with the sebaceous filaments which i can’t get to the bottom too.
  • Hair loss (Just like MPB). But thin overall.
  • Not completely optimal sleep, wake throughout the night, can’t ever sleep in.
  • Body and facial hair growth is quite low. Despite high test, I don't have a deep voice either.

Lifestyle info:
  • I’ve gone through long periods of weight lifting 5-6 times a week, but eased at the minute.
  • Take no medication/hormones of any sort.
  • Stay aligned with circadian rhythm through getting sun light in the morning/day time, avoiding blue light at night so that’s not a factor for my not so optimal sleep.

Questions:
  • I’m going to re-test for cortisol and try and get a 24 hour urinary test but what could be causing this high cortisol? Especially as i had the same thing last year? Could it be my bad sleep the night before? What can i do to help this? Adrenal issue as I also have the high DHEA?
  • Prolactin, again, could this be caused by the sleep the night before? It wasn’t as high last year at 250. What’s that about?
  • Cholesterol is slightly too high, If you see last year cholesterol results compared to this year they’ve only increased VERY slightly despite consuming LOTS of butter/red meat/eggs over the last year. Is this a concern? I think from what i’ve seen it’s not an issue here. Should i be reducing my sat fat intake?
  • Kidney markers: Creatinine high? I do eat a lot of meat/protein in general? But no more than 150g as i only weigh like 150 pounds.

DIET: https://imgur.com/a/RGFiv76
Along with this, I also take:
-Thorne K2 4 drops a week.
-AC GRACE Vit E 400IU twice a week.
-Was eating 100g liver a week but eased off on it a sec as the taste repulses me.
-Use a lot of salt.
-CANNOT eat ANY form of dairy as it gives me bad eczema, I know my phosphorus/calcium is not optimal but got no choice really.

Thanks so much, I'm investigating this is all myself but always nice to have some of your pointers!
Will you share where you had your labs done? Did you have to go through your PCP?

Serum Bs are mostly indicative of recent intake. An organic acids test seems to be more helpful for figuring out their status.

OP
J

Josh

Will you share where you had your labs done? Did you have to go through your PCP?

Serum Bs are mostly indicative of recent intake. An organic acids test seems to be more helpful for figuring out their status.

They were done through medichecks :)