How Do You Shave Your Beard And Moustache Without A Shaving Cream?

Logan-

Shaving creams have unhealthy ingredients in them so some men do not use them. I have read suggestions like washing the face with water and applying olive oil or coconut oil for shaving without a shaving cream.

I have tried them and it’s quite painful to shave like that.

How do you do it without using a shaving cream? What do you use?

By the way, has anyone tried using a straight razor? I have read that if you know how to use it, it makes shaving less painful.

I don’t want to use electric shavers because of the EMF exposure.

Frankdee20

I use a benign soap like Ivory. Just apply some Burts Bees stuff thinly after shaving to replenish oils.

Cirion

TeaRex14

Can you link where you get it?
Yeah man, a local store in my area carries the product that I get. But it's on Amazon as well, Aubrey Men's Stock. Make sure you get the green one though, they sell a blue one and I made the mistake of getting that one before and it has soy oil in it. This is a good product, the one con is it doesn't really produce a fluffy consistency like barbasol, so if my facial hair is getting too long I normally use the electric razor first. Then use this with a manual razor for a fine trim shave.

I dissolve some baking soda in water and apply to my face. That's how I've been shaving lately.

Hermes

Anyway, is it really that problematic to use electric razors? Never thought they would have such an impact.

Literally

>> Shaving creams have unhealthy ingredients in them so some men do not use them. I have read suggestions like washing the face with water and applying olive oil or coconut oil for shaving without a shaving cream.

>> I have tried them and it’s quite painful to shave like that.

Really? I shave with olive oil or fractionated coconut oil or some mix of oils all the time and don't have this problem. One thing to look at is number of blades. There are tradeoffs between having more vs less. I always dismissed the entire number of blade things as ridiculous, but was a revelation for me. If you shave very frequently more blades are better, but if your beard 'gets ahead of them' fewer blades are better. I am better off with the 4-blade model.

>> How do you do it without using a shaving cream? What do you use?

I have read some Victorian stuff about shaving with water that is quite cold. Closes the pores or something. Maybe bunk, but worth a try?

Maybe the key question is why are you experiencing pain -- is the blade tugging and pulling? or are you getting too close a shave?

schultz

Anyway, is it really that problematic to use electric razors? Never thought they would have such an impact.

This is sort of what I thought. It doesn't take long to shave. I'd think talking on a cellphone would be worse due to the length of exposure, but I don't know much about EMF.

Lee Simeon

I use the one from lifegivingstore. Works great, and it lasts a really long time!

Forgot to say that I use a regular razorblade for shaving. Yeah, it works just fine.

If you're waiting for "actual evidence" you may be waiting a while, the mainstream medical community couldn't care less about proving the dangers of EMF because we can't be letting anything stop the rollout of 5G now can we. No one will care about EMF until people start dying like crazy as we continue to increase our exposure each generation.

The power level is actually irrelevant. Power =/= emf exposure. Small items like shavers can and do emit orders of magnitude more EMF than larger items like your car even.

If the magnitude is large enough, no amount of exposure is acceptable, not even a few seconds. Let me put it to you in these kind of terms:

Let's say your shaver emits 10,000 emf and you only use it for 2 minutes in a day. Let's now average that out over the day.

10,000 * (2/60)*(1/24) = 14 mG averaged out over the day. There is some contention as to the acceptable value, but most people (and most scanners turn red) at somewhere in the 1-4 mG range. 14 is well above this acceptable value.

I would actually argue that phones are safer than the shaver, depending how much you use your phone. Phones peak at a mere 30 mG. They're only a serious concern if you tend to use them a lot, and tend to leave them on while in your pocket.

In addition, I'd argue that people who are already sick should bring their EMF's to zero, not even the "acceptable 1-4 value". Healthy people may be able to tolerate higher EMF at least for a time, and RP has said that higher metabolism lets you mitigate various forms of stressors, but if you're sick and trying to heal, the razor and other things need to go, no question about it.
Hey @schultz , have you seen this post?

B

Braveheart

Fresh disposable razor on wet skin, then same razor on beard to give beautiful razor cut...nothing like it and you will look great...

DrJ

Use olive oil or coconut oil. Works like magic and keeps your skin amazing.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals