Emulsify Your Fats For Easier Digestion! Aka Homemade Mayonnaise And Mousse

Xisca

I just realised this when I read that bile emulsify the fats we eat.... And ¡tilt! that was it, I understood why I loved mayonnaise, and why it has always seemed to me it was very easy to digest, especially compared to the quantity you can eat.

But no way with what you can buy, you have to do it yourself.
I started with olive oil of course.
Then noticed it was easier to do with some avocado.
Then thought one hot day that liquid coconut oil....
YES it Works!

Then discovered peat and dropped the avocado, well most of the time. You can do wonder if your mayo fails, and I do it by hand....

And chocolate mousse is super good, with egg yolk and melted butter. I prefer not to use the White, so I put banana to make something creamy, and yummy!

Digestion is perfect for me, and I usually do a chocolate cream = banana mayo and chocolate powder! with cinamon or orange peels....

You might not agree with banana, but I have read that food serotonin is not going to the brain. And you do not have to eat it on a daily basis. When I was, it was super great and I think I will try again.

Ingredients are banana, egg yolk, coconut oil, pure cocoa powder and spices as you want, and always with salt. The banana makes the watery part you need with the oily part, and egg yolk makes the mix.

OP
Xisca

Xisca

I would like to find other recipes based on sweet mayo!
Or salted ones as well...

What can be used instead of banana for example?

And all ways that can make emultions respect peat's principles for eating.

OP
Xisca

Xisca

Actually, I listened to a radio podcast about the 10 most toxics in our foods. They could not reach 10 within the imparted time, but Ray mentions that you can emulsify coconut oil with egg oil, in order to make some creamy recepes, instead of using products that are high in caragheenan or other emulsifiers.

So I thought I might as well post my recepes with egg yolk and coconut...
Butter emulsify as well, I even do it with my homemade ghee.

amethyst

I just realised this when I read that bile emulsify the fats we eat.... And ¡tilt! that was it, I understood why I loved mayonnaise, and why it has always seemed to me it was very easy to digest, especially compared to the quantity you can eat.

But no way with what you can buy, you have to do it yourself.
I started with olive oil of course.
Then noticed it was easier to do with some avocado.
Then thought one hot day that liquid coconut oil....
YES it Works!

Then discovered peat and dropped the avocado, well most of the time. You can do wonder if your mayo fails, and I do it by hand....

And chocolate mousse is super good, with egg yolk and melted butter. I prefer not to use the White, so I put banana to make something creamy, and yummy!

Digestion is perfect for me, and I usually do a chocolate cream = banana mayo and chocolate powder! with cinamon or orange peels....

You might not agree with banana, but I have read that food serotonin is not going to the brain. And you do not have to eat it on a daily basis. When I was, it was super great and I think I will try again.

Ingredients are banana, egg yolk, coconut oil, pure cocoa powder and spices as you want, and always with salt. The banana makes the watery part you need with the oily part, and egg yolk makes the mix.
Yeah, that does sound yummy, thank's for that! I'm looking forward to trying coconut oil/olive oil mayonnaise.....I've tried making just olive oil mayo and didn't like the taste. Wondering how a macadamia/olive oil or coconut oil would taste (if I can get my hands on some macadamia oil) Guess I'll have to order it online. I really miss my Hellman's mayonnaise :(:(

aquaman

How do you make this??

calamityjane

@Xisca. You might like my Mums salad dressing recipe. 1 can sweet condensed milk, 1 cup vinegar(or lem jce), 2 egg yolks, 2tsps dry mustard. 1tsp salt, cayenne pepper. Place all ingredients in a mason jar & shake "til your arms drop off!

OP
Xisca

Xisca

yummy!
Milk and mustard are 2 things that also have natural emulsifier.

By the way, milk is an emultion.... It comes out clear and homogen. Then fat stars to separate.
I guess that is why they tend to homogenize the milk, they want to avoid this separation.

Any oily seed has natural emulsifier, but most are pufa...
So I would also use macadamia nuts, not only the oil!
Might be easier to find @amethyst?
I have a coffee grinder that I use for seeds, it makes the right powder without turning them into butter.

Last edited:
OP
Xisca

Xisca

I also make an emultion for my skin. Remember that your skin will "eat" what you put on it!
So keep away from almond oil.
So I 1st use coconut oil, a Little massage.
Then I put aloe, and this just make something wonderful, muh better than each of the 2 separate! It really feels as a lotion. I am lucky to have my own aloe, and this recepe cured dry skin on my hands overnight amazingly.

Soem people also put egg yolk + olive oil on the skin, but the eggs I prefer to eat them!
(whereas I am NOT fond of eating aloe!)

OP
Xisca

Xisca

How do you make this??
Well, good question, as I worked it out after a while, it was not obvious to find the right way.
I have to say that I do it by hand, so you must adapt if you do it electrically.

1st I peel the bananas and make a puree in a plate, with a fork. The whiter they are, the sooner you must make this. Beat it to turn and mix air, so that oxygen will make it darker. This is an absosolute necessity to get rid of the starches, and turn them into sugars. If needed, you can try to do this one hour before making the cream!
I live where bananas are produced, so I am more lucky for this point...

Then in another plate I make the mayo, but you can do it whatever way. I learned how to use a plate as a student, from a chilenian student. You need a plate and a fork, because you have to spread the mix all over the place, very flat. The fork must work horizontaly. You do not beat but you make gentle spirals. I must say that it is much easier to do with a bit of avocado... I smash it, then put some oil and mix, and then I put the egg yolk and make the gente spiral, and the color turn from yellow to cream. Then I add more oil and so on.

When the mayo starts to be quite solid, it takes no more and some watery stuff is needed, so I add some of the banana, mix and add more banana.

Then I put flavor, cacao, and some salt to compensate the potassium from the banana, and to get more sodium. You always have to think about sodium when your diet is high in fruits, because it is easy to forget about it.

I guess you can put everything in a blender like a regular mayo, but put the banana instead of the vinegar. I made a lot of tries, also to get the right amount of sweet taste.

Feedback from electrical making welcome!

This recipe always keeps me full for a long time, and is very easy on my sensitive stomach.
I am almost sure that the banana helps the emulsion as well.
I usually do it with 5 bananas for 1 egg yolk.

I do not use the raw White in the recipe, so I have tried this, and it worked:
I put the egg in cold water and bring it to a boil, and stop it. I wait 3 minutes, then put the egg in cold water for my fingers to agree to go on working!
I brake it to use the yolk and either eat the White, or give it to the cat or put it afterward into the cream.
Surprisingly, it does not matter for the success of the mayo if it is warm, or Works even better. Usually my coconut oil is nearly warm because I melt it by putting the jar in hot water.

arien

I enjoy the following for this purpose:

At the end of each emulsification, you can replace some of the butter with coconut oil, once there is enough butter to hold it. Interestingly, my mouth often feels very clean after eating hollondaise, and your relating emulsification with the function of bile, given Dr. Peat's comments about the function of fats in digestion, leads me to think that tasty emulsifications may pre-empt the overall disgestive pattern and thereby activate it.

OP
Xisca

Xisca

given Dr. Peat's comments about the function of fats in digestion
Can you please comment a Little more about the relationship to digestion?

I know people who cannot eat a lot of fat, but have no problema with mayonnaise...

BUT, remember that bilis is removing toxins from the liver, so it is useful, and we need, I guess, to eat some un-emulsified fats as well.

The tip of making emultions can be very useful when you have digestive problems with fats.

amethyst

yummy!
Milk and mustard are 2 things that also have natural emulsifier.

By the way, milk is an emultion.... It comes out clear and homogen. Then fat stars to separate.
I guess that is why they tend to homogenize the milk, they want to avoid this separation.

Any oily seed has natural emulsifier, but most are pufa...
So I would also use macadamia nuts, not only the oil!
Might be easier to find @amethyst?
I have a coffee grinder that I use for seeds, it makes the right powder without turning them into butter.
Sorry, missed your comment previously. Ja, I like the idea of emulsifying milk as a replacement for Pufa...I wonder how condensed milk would work for this? Might try it.

I enjoy the following for this purpose:

At the end of each emulsification, you can replace some of the butter with coconut oil, once there is enough butter to hold it. Interestingly, my mouth often feels very clean after eating hollondaise, and your relating emulsification with the function of bile, given Dr. Peat's comments about the function of fats in digestion, leads me to think that tasty emulsifications may pre-empt the overall disgestive pattern and thereby activate it.

ahhh, love hollandaise sauce...these look like good recipes to try.

arien

Can you please comment a Little more about the relationship to digestion?

I know people who cannot eat a lot of fat, but have no problema with mayonnaise...

BUT, remember that bilis is removing toxins from the liver, so it is useful, and we need, I guess, to eat some un-emulsified fats as well.

The tip of making emultions can be very useful when you have digestive problems with fats.

For example (Cholesterol And Saturated Fats - East West Healing):

JR: It is possible to live entirely without eating fats, as the body can make all the unsaturated fats it needs ? Therefore, is there any importance in consuming saturated fats ?

RP: One thing is that makes the food a lot pleasanter to eat. It makes it digest more efficiently and steadily. Experiments with a loop of intestine…they would put just proteins, or just carbohydrates, or just fats in at a time; they found that the digestion was very poor until you had all three types of food present at the same time. It was as if the intestine needed a complex stimulus before it would really effectively start absorbing and digesting the food. So it's partly a stimulus to your intestines to handle the protein and the carbohydrate effectively. It’s a signal of satisfaction, that helps to lower stress, to have fat and sugar in your food.

JR: Should, yes or no, a person live on a fat-free diet ( because the body would be working more efficiently) ? Or should people simply increase their saturated fats intake ?

RP: Yeah (the latter), largely because of the effect on the taste system, and the intestine reflexes; it helps to handle the other foods efficiently, and to make the whole body recognize that it's being fed properly. So it's part of the reflex nervous system that guides eating. And it helps to satisfy the appetite, so people feel more satisfied when they had fats, especially saturated fats. In the experiments with rats (they used a purified diet), when saturated fats where added, they had similar cancer free results; it's the very small amount of unsaturated fat that is responsible for the stress and cancer production. The equivalent of just about a teaspoonful of unsaturated fat per day is enough to show a threshold increase in the incidence of cancer. When we eat natural foods, where're always getting some of the unsaturated fats. On a normal diet it's hard to get down to that threshold of about 4g of fat per day. It's hard even eating coconut oil and butter fat, and beef fat, and so on ( they only have about 2% of unsaturated fats). So, besides eating the most saturated type of fats, that’s one of the arguments for using carbohydrates as a major part of your energy supply. Because if we have some extra carbohydrates more than we need to burn at the moment, they'll turn into saturated fats and extend the proportions. So that in effect you can lower the unsaturated proportion below the threshold of carcinogenic fats.

The better digestion associated with eating fats probably ensures that any potential food for bacteria is digested or moved beyond the small intestine before it can help infect it. Further, I am wondering whether the fat surface of an emulsion might be particularly antibacterial, maybe moreso than plain saturated fat (an emulsion of fat, water, protein, sugar etc. seems more complexly structured than just fat. Could emulsions in fact add a structural trajectory to the metabolism, as they touch and act on tissue surfaces, propagating their water-structuring and protein holding abilities into the tissues?), and prevent bacteria from eating any protein or sugars therein emulsified which survive the stomach. I also wonder whether pre-emulsifying fats in cooking can short circuit the digestive process, thereby stimulating the metabolism without straining any physiological resources that might be lacking in stress, much as does fructose by requiring less metabolism than glucose to produce carbon dioxide, thereby restoring a more robust state which can more safely digest cruder foods.

yerrag

If you slow cook sweet potatoes at 135 -175 F, you'll be able to turn the sweet potatoes sweeter, and maybe it could be a substitute for bananas.

OP
Xisca

Xisca

If you slow cook sweet potatoes at 135 -175 F, you'll be able to turn the sweet potatoes sweeter, and maybe it could be a substitute for bananas.
Yeah! I also grow sweet potatoes!
Thanks for the idea!

OP
Xisca

Xisca

@arien it is difficult to understand your post, but maybe just because you are yourself wondering about wheter it is good or not to emulsify fats? Of course I lack information about what is the result.... inside our bodys... I just notice that it is easier to digest. Why...?

OP
Xisca

Xisca

Sorry, missed your comment previously. Ja, I like the idea of emulsifying milk as a replacement for Pufa...I wonder how condensed milk would work for this? Might try it.
I wanted to point to you that if you cannot find macadamia oil easily, you might find macadamia nuts!
And the nut is already emulsified, this is the natural way they are found, and also they gove you more tan oil, all the rest is nutritious.

amethyst

I wanted to point to you that if you cannot find macadamia oil easily, you might find macadamia nuts!
And the nut is already emulsified, this is the natural way they are found, and also they gove you more tan oil, all the rest is nutritious.
Yeah, macadamia nuts are really delicious :hungry:
That's a great idea! But it probably takes a look time to cook them at that temperature to get them tender, no?

OP
Xisca

Xisca

wooo I translated to celcius, and that is below 80ºC!
Will the starch be cooked enough?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals