Hidden ingredients present in American milk

OP
D

Dr. B

I just emailed my local milk company to ask them about the hidden ingredients in milk, lets wait for their response i am interested to know how they will respond if they will take a defensive stance or a more open approach, whether they will confirm or deny. I'll keep you guys posted when i find an answer, i will also likely reach out to a lot of other milk companies around too so we will see.
The “hidden ingredients” are related to milks which had vitamins A and D added to them. I dont think there are non fortified milks with hidden ingredients.
A typical customer service rep at a milk company may not be familiar with the hidden ingredients- you would need to find out the actual ingredients of the vitamin additives packet thats mixed into the milk.
And those hidden ingredients are likely applicable to any product that has vitamins added. The reason is because on an actual bottle of multivitamin pills for instance, they have to list every ingredient in the bottle including the vitamins and fillers like silicon dioxide, cellulose, citric acid etc. if those vitamins are being added to a food they dont have to list all the ingredients instead just have to list it as vitamin D or added iron etc. the silicon dioxide in those milks is coming from the vitamin mixture- and then the milk brands are using polysorbate 80 which is an emulsifier for the mixture to evenly blend into the milk otherwise the vitamin powder or liquid would settle onto the bottom of the container.

Supposedly some milk brands could be using carrageenan as the emulsifier instead of polysorbate 80 im not sure. I checked with a few American brands including whole foods I believe and they were always using the same mixture which included only water, vitamin d and A, polysorbate 80 as emulsifier and propylene glycol as a preservative for the vitamin mixture. So the emulsifier is something you wont usually see in powder vitamins or tablets, since its meant to help the product mix into the liquid. It may still be an extremely small amount of fillers since the fortified milks they only have like 100IU vitamin D3 per cup maybe.