I No Longer Believe Hair Is "Dead".

Greyfox

I'm sure everyone has been privy to the assertion that hair is dead. Apparently it's the only thing about you that has no life. Not only do I not believe it is dead, I believe it is one of the most sensitive features of the body most susceptible to changes in the environment and internal health.
I no longer wash my hair at all for various reasons, and I keep it long. Keeping it long has been acting like a canary in the coal mine type situation and has allowed me to understand my sensitivities a little better.

Greasiness and hair fall
Since I no longer wash my hair, I've noticed hair quality can change moment to moment depending on stress levels, nutritional status etc. If my hair becomes greasy, I know things in my body are not quite balanced or sufficient. Stress is too high, fat is too high, or oxygenation and circulation is compromised.
The odd thing about greasiness is it can disappear the moment you correct the problem. The grease DISAPPEARS. If anyone can tell me where the grease disappears to or how, I am very curious to know indeed. I've had moments where I realised my stress levels were too high, so I meditate to lower them. After a session my hair feels completely grease free, wispy and nice to the touch. I believe this is what women refer to as a "good hair day" and can happen without washing it.
I assume the increase of my perception surrounding my hair is due to my cutting out PUFA for the longest period yet. whereas my hair was almost always falling out before, now I have reached a level of stability where it doesn't if I'm good to myself. I believe reducing the PUFA has allowed me to better percieve fluctuations between stability and instability manifesting first in my hair.
Also massively lowering stress has other observable benefits like improved cognitive abilities, better memory and faster recall, better sensory perception, especially vision and smell.
After the hair becomes greasy, it always begins to start falling out and so it's nice to be able to notice how my hair is in terms of texture and then use measures to make it fluffy again.

Cutting hair reduces intuition and sensory perception in native americans. I read an article where they claimed that inducting native americans into the army, where they were subjected to the right of passage of shaving their hair off, caused them to lose their perception and tracking abilities that made them desirable recruits in the first place.
This article mentions that hair may be acting like an antenna "much like the whiskers of a cat".

Ben.

While i cant speak for hair being dead or wether it is a "antenna" or not i can say for myself that hair indeed is a valuable health marker.
Interestingly in my case when it starts to thin aggressively or feels brittle/weak some Ozone Insufflation (Methylene Blue too) corrects it very quickly. Same goes for drinking K-Water (Taurine + potassium bicarbonate). Laying down on the hard floor seems to improve the flow of the blood to the head, also resulting insanely quickly to my hair feeling strong/fluffy where seconds/minutes before it was brittle/weak. Taking the wrong antimicrobials/nukes for the gut can also worsen the hair from my experience.

While i made these observations, a realy healthy person in my opinion will not notice much of that because he/she and the hair is resilient.

OP
Greyfox

Greyfox

While i cant speak for hair being dead or wether it is a "antenna" or not i can say for myself that hair indeed is a valuable health marker.
Interestingly in my case when it starts to thin aggressively or feels brittle/weak some Ozone Insufflation (Methylene Blue too) corrects it very quickly. Same goes for drinking K-Water (Taurine + potassium bicarbonate). Laying down on the hard floor seems to improve the flow of the blood to the head, also resulting insanely quickly to my hair feeling strong/fluffy where seconds/minutes before it was brittle/weak. Taking the wrong antimicrobials/nukes for the gut can also worsen the hair from my experience.

While i made these observations, a realy healthy person in my opinion will not notice much of that because he/she and the hair is resilient.
I also noticed the same effects with taurine. I have had mixed results with methylene blue. Sometimes it can make it worse but it likely isn't a problem with the methylene blue itself and more of a problem with my tenuous grasp on health.
Laying down on a hard floor allows the bones to support the muscles instead of your muscles supporting your bones. When the bones are engaged in their purpose, the muscles are allowed allowed to relax.
I've noticed the same on antimicrobials but it seems to effect my teeth worse than my hair.

ChadGPT

I haven’t cut my hair for a year and I have zero split ends. This is very unusual for me. I thought the hair would just naturally split because it was old but it was due to poor health apparently. I’ve also notice my nails grow extremely fast. I have to cut them every day.

OP
Greyfox

Greyfox

I haven’t cut my hair for a year and I have zero split ends. This is very unusual for me. I thought the hair would just naturally split because it was old but it was due to poor health apparently. I’ve also notice my nails grow extremely fast. I have to cut them every day.
Yeah, split ends and really thin, breakble hair is definitely due to weaknesses in health. Also i've noticed my finger nails growing really quickly lately too. It's too quick even.

Sheik

Not even just water? What do you do about BO?

Tbh, the grease disappearing sounds like a perceptual shift of one kind or another.

Cats also wash their fur/antenna.

OP
Greyfox

Greyfox

Not even just water? What do you do about BO?

Tbh, the grease disappearing sounds like a perceptual shift of one kind or another.

Cats also wash their fur/antenna.
I wash my body but just leave my hair out. I don't think the grease disappearing is a perception change. It's a completely different texture just from lowering stress. My theory is that lower stress and possibly lower prolactin causes a cessation of sebum production and whatever is left on the hair evaporates away due to increased circulation and temperature to the scalp. Though I have seen the change take place in a matter of seconds before so i'm really not sure. One time i supplemented some iron during a period of hypoxia and the hair quality changed seconds after dropping it on my tongue. I barely even had a chance to swallow the solution.This is a real change in hair quality.

A-Tim

From time to time, I've noticed this rapid change myself. Often it has come after some time spent down at the beach.

OP
Greyfox

Greyfox

From time to time, I've noticed this rapid change myself. Often it has come after some time spent down at the beach.
Yes. For sure. I think the sun and saltiness in the air dries it out leaving it feeling better.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals