Buying safe hair clippers, shavers, blow dryers etc. - does low sound == low EMF ?

JamesGatz

I thought it would be useful to create a guide in buying safe hair clippers, shavers, blow dryers, etc. - first I think I should attach this thread because when using a hair clipper I think it is important to address it's high EMF output and it's close proximity to the brain which makes it especially dangerous -

So I think it goes without saying that for shaving - especially consistently - using non-electric shavers are a lot safer than electric shavers

4144-ZK09kL._SL1280_.jpg

Now for hair clippers:

hair-clippers-2048px-1504.jpg

The issue is you can't really measure the EMF output of a hair shaver if you are in the store looking to buy one or online - So I am thinking we should develop a method to tell if it is low emf before we buy - if I am wrong about something - feel free to correct me - my knowledge in electricity is ok - not as good as computers:

ac-vs-dc.jpg

It seems that Batteries use a DC system ? It seems that DC power is generally a lot safer than AC power given that it flows in one direction ? is this correct ?

So then I think it's safe to say that cordless shavers/blow dryers are a lot safer than ones that you plug in

For the second part - I am thinking that hair clippers that are advertised as producing very low sound (such as for pets) are safest for EMF:

It seems the most popular method for reducing the sound of a motor in these hair clippers is

A) using a capacitor (I am not sure what effect this would have on EMF):

1018_capacitor_basics_main.jpg

A. Capacitors interrupt direct current and let alternating current pass. For electronic devices that run on DC voltage, elements of an alternating-current become noise that makes operation unstable. As a countermeasure, capacitors are connected so as to allow the AC elements to pass through to the ground.

B) shielding the motor (which will absorb most of the EMF before it comes out of the hair clipper)

1_Gj1RsJIp1z0JAQkqWjNifw.jpg

It seems both of these methods that reduce sound coming out of the motor seem to also reduce EMF output of the motor ? Is this correct ?

Also - I do think that hair clippers that use NiMH batteries are a lot safer than motors powered by Lithium-Ion batteries ?

It seems that Lithium Batteries can be a lot more dangerous for thermal runaway ? To me it looks like that batteries that have this problem (that get hot really fast) would produce more EMF ?

ThermalRunawayCauses.png

For example - when I am on a computer and run a processor-heavy application (such as Adobe Illustrator or other Adobe applications) - I notice my computer gets a lot hotter and more EMF is outputted - it seems that batteries that get hot more easily are more dangerous for motors in terms of EMF but I am not sure to be honest cause it also makes sense for voltage to be lower if the energy escapes thermally - I notice that sometimes when a battery gets really hot I can smell the metal so I'm sure something is melting to an extent so I do think lithium-ion batteries or thermal runaway batteries are a lot worse than NiMH batteries

I do think that hair clippers that make low-sound (such as the ones made for pets) and are cordless seem to produce the least amount of EMF - what do people think of this ? let me know your thoughts

Last edited:

seely

You’ll need an EMF reader.

Consider how to ground items (like using copper tape) and how to ground yourself, like using a grounding/earthing mat.

For me personally, we use manual razors, electric clippers and no blow dryer. As it’s a low EMF home, I don’t concern myself using the clippers every 6 weeks for 20 minutes (as I have much bigger EMF fish to fry)

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals