How Do You Experiment With Peat When Living With A Partner?

Glassy

yes how will i know if the meat ( lamb for example) is grass fed or grain fed ? how will i know what they have put in the rice ? are they adding additives to food ? i don't drink coke anyway .. i can't buy supplements ,, no i don't want but i will not make it as a rule but advice .. if someone cares about his partner why doesn't he/she give him advice?

Just mitigate the damage man. Avoid what’s deep fried and ask for no mayo/dressing. Theres plenty of health nuts around avoiding fat completely so you won’t appear weird (mustard and ketchup are pretty benign IMO). If you can find some cheese on the menu, the saturated fat will help (I find it hard to find saturated fat in restaurants sometimes but burgers and cheese are reliable). Dose up on some vitamin e when you get home.

OP
raypeatclips

raypeatclips

yes how will i know if the meat ( lamb for example) is grass fed or grain fed ? how will i know what they have put in the rice ? are they adding additives to food ? i don't drink coke anyway .. i can't buy supplements ,, no i don't want but i will not make it as a rule but advice .. if someone cares about his partner why doesn't he/she give him advice?

What on earth are you on about?

If you are so scared to go to a restaraunt because the meat might be grain fed, you have severe orthorexia. Ask for boiled rice? What do you mean how will you know what they've put in the rice, what do you think they'll put in the rice, cyanide?

People eat in restaraunt for their whole lives and take years to develop issues. One restaraunt meal among a diet of whole foods, plenty of saturated fat etc is beyond insignificant for the amount of mental stress you're placing on it.

What do you think is going to happen if you go to a restaraunt and eat a meal with wise choices as someone above mentioned (no mayo, no dressings, no fried food, perhaps extra cheese to increase sat fat/pufa ratio of the meal) Do you think you'll leave the restaraunt and drop dead outside the door? Serious question.

In years to come you'll (hopefully) regret how ridiculous you are sounding. "I can't ask a girl out because I could never go to a restaraunt with her" and missed opportunities with girls you will regret if this is what's holding you back.

Come on man you can do this and break out of this way of thinking, I did it, I thought like you too at one point. Just eating clean (own cooked food, carbs, sugar, milk, saturated fat, liver) 95 percent of the time is better than the vast majority of people around today.

Do you have any serious health issues, i.e cancer?

Last edited:

Aymen

What on earth are you on about?

If you are so scared to go to a restaraunt because the meat might be grain fed, you have severe orthorexia. Ask for boiled rice? What do you mean how will you know what they've put in the rice, what do you think they'll put in the rice, cyanide?

People eat in restaraunt for their whole lives and take years to develop issues. One restaraunt meal among a diet of whole foods, plenty of saturated fat etc is beyond insignificant for the amount of mental stress you're placing on it.

What do you think is going to happen if you go to a restaraunt and eat a meal with wise choices as someone above mentioned (no mayo, no dressings, no fried food, perhaps extra cheese to increase sat fat/pufa ratio of the meal) Do you think you'll leave the restaraunt and drop dead outside the door? Serious question.

In years to come you'll (hopefully) regret how ridiculous you are sounding. "I can't ask a girl out because I could never go to a restaraunt with her" and missed opportunities with girls you will regret if this is what's holding you back.

Come on man you can do this and break out of this way of thinking, I did it, I thought like you too at one point. Just eating clean (own cooked food, carbs, sugar, milk, saturated fat, liver) 95 percent of the time is better than the vast majority of people around today.

Do you have any serious health issues, i.e cancer?
yes i,m talking about food additives that can be added to rice .. no but Glassy suggested how to minimize the damage , no ofc i don't think that i will die after eating one meal from restaurant , but i will regret because i went there but with time one meal become 2 and 2 become 3 and and .. if i strict myself like that i will not have health issues in the future , that's how i think .. yup it's still better than the majority of people around today but still i eat some chocolate with soy lecithin even i know it's better to avoid it but i love chocolate and i can't avoid it so as you see i,m not 100% strict but i cheat on my meals sometimes .
5 years i was a fatty guy who eats fast food every day and when i dropped my body fat and start following science i made those rules for me so i can not come back to this old days again .. if my friends give me a fast food to eat or buy me a plastic water bottle i will simply refuse and i don't care about them even if an old man gave it to me ,, i,m not selfish ! i just want to be healthy as much as i can.
my father got type 2 diabetes and he doesn't listen to me so it increased my strictement ..
my mother got high blood pressure and she doesn't listen to me so it increased my strictement ..
if my parents make me feel bad so sure i will feel very bad if my partner refused my advice and (i hope not) got a health issue..

Aymen

Just mitigate the damage man. Avoid what’s deep fried and ask for no mayo/dressing. Theres plenty of health nuts around avoiding fat completely so you won’t appear weird (mustard and ketchup are pretty benign IMO). If you can find some cheese on the menu, the saturated fat will help (I find it hard to find saturated fat in restaurants sometimes but burgers and cheese are reliable). Dose up on some vitamin e when you get home.
thans for suggesting that.

OP
raypeatclips

raypeatclips

yes i,m talking about food additives that can be added to rice .. no but Glassy suggested how to minimize the damage , no ofc i don't think that i will die after eating one meal from restaurant , but i will regret because i went there but with time one meal become 2 and 2 become 3 and and .. if i strict myself like that i will not have health issues in the future , that's how i think .. yup it's still better than the majority of people around today but still i eat some chocolate with soy lecithin even i know it's better to avoid it but i love chocolate and i can't avoid it so as you see i,m not 100% strict but i cheat on my meals sometimes .
5 years i was a fatty guy who eats fast food every day and when i dropped my body fat and start following science i made those rules for me so i can not come back to this old days again .. if my friends give me a fast food to eat or buy me a plastic water bottle i will simply refuse and i don't care about them even if an old man gave it to me ,, i,m not selfish ! i just want to be healthy as much as i can.
my father got type 2 diabetes and he doesn't listen to me so it increased my strictement ..
my mother got high blood pressure and she doesn't listen to me so it increased my strictement ..
if my parents make me feel bad so sure i will feel very bad if my partner refused my advice and (i hope not) got a health issue..

So you're going to avoid getting into relationships with females in case they want to go to restaraunt?

Aymen

I don't understand your question.
how do you deal with your partner at those situations ? if you were me would you ask her out for a dinner ? would you take her to dinner when she asks to ? would you judge her about what to eat what not to eat ?

OP
raypeatclips

raypeatclips

how do you deal with your partner at those situations ? if you were me would you ask her out for a dinner ? would you take her to dinner when she asks to ? would you judge her about what to eat what not to eat ?

She can eat whatever she wants. She has asked me why I eat so much saturated fat, I've told her, and it's up to her to make her decisions from there. We go out maybe once a month on average, maybe more depending on if friends are going out, or if there are significant events going on etc. I decide what I want to eat on the things I've said to above, nothing fried, no mayo, dressing etc. Found a burger place that cooks their chips in beef fat which is a new favourite place to go for example. Rice/potatoes/bread and meat, with vegetables, or some sort of variation of this is easy to find. If I do sometimes eat a meal that's high PUFA, I don't worry about it, sometimes order halloumi cheese or something like that as a side to increase the sat fat/pufa ratio of the meal for example. Of course I wouldn't judge her, that's an easy way for someone to get sick of you really fast.

I usually eat 3 meals a day, approximately 90 meals a month. 1 of those a month in a restaurant isn't going to ruin anything.

How old are you?

Aymen

She can eat whatever she wants. She has asked me why I eat so much saturated fat, I've told her, and it's up to her to make her decisions from there. We go out maybe once a month on average, maybe more depending on if friends are going out, or if there are significant events going on etc. I decide what I want to eat on the things I've said to above, nothing fried, no mayo, dressing etc. Found a burger place that cooks their chips in beef fat which is a new favourite place to go for example. Rice/potatoes/bread and meat, with vegetables, or some sort of variation of this is easy to find. If I do sometimes eat a meal that's high PUFA, I don't worry about it, sometimes order halloumi cheese or something like that as a side to increase the sat fat/pufa ratio of the meal for example. Of course I wouldn't judge her, that's an easy way for someone to get sick of you really fast.

I usually eat 3 meals a day, approximately 90 meals a month. 1 of those a month in a restaurant isn't going to ruin anything.

How old are you?
that's true , i,m saving what you say in my memory .
so it will be easier for you to supplement vitamin E when you eat in the restaurant .
i,m 21 and you ?

OP
raypeatclips

raypeatclips

that's true , i,m saving what you say in my memory .
so it will be easier for you to supplement vitamin E when you eat in the restaurant .
i,m 21 and you ?

I personally don't bother with vitamin E, but yeah that is what Peat has recommended when someone mentioned eating out in a standard restaurant. You can change your mindset, don't worry what other people do, just focus on yourself and try to relax as much as possible about your food choices, within reason of course. Try new foods until one seriously bothers you, then don't eat that food. I felt worst when I was most food restricted. Once I began adding more foods in, I was surprised that none of the horrible side effects I was expecting ever came. Pretty much every meal I eat is home cooked though but I'm not restrictive about what I cook. I think like "how can I make this meal I want to eat the healthiest I can" rather than "theres no way I could eat that meal."

Aymen

I personally don't bother with vitamin E, but yeah that is what Peat has recommended when someone mentioned eating out in a standard restaurant. You can change your mindset, don't worry what other people do, just focus on yourself and try to relax as much as possible about your food choices, within reason of course. Try new foods until one seriously bothers you, then don't eat that food. I felt worst when I was most food restricted. Once I began adding more foods in, I was surprised that none of the horrible side effects I was expecting ever came. Pretty much every meal I eat is home cooked though but I'm not restrictive about what I cook. I think like "how can I make this meal I want to eat the healthiest I can" rather than "theres no way I could eat that meal."
nice , thank you man ..
are you around 40-50 years old ?

Glassy

It took me 30 odd years to realise that when you judge others you ultimately judge yourself. Maybe not right now or today but it will come back on you.

Your health is determined by what you do on a day to day basis. It’s the running average of all your actions. Your body is not made of glass. It is a piece of engineering mastery, literally capable of absorbing, processing and eliminating poison and then repairing the damage that it caused. It amazes me that the world can even sustain so many humans eating such poor quality food. It is a testament to the design of us that we are able to survive the storm that is around us and in us.

Be aware of what you put in your mouth and the affect that this may have on your body, but don’t let it stop you experiencing the infinite experiences you can have with another sentient being. I believe that the richness and excitement you feel when you are truly connecting with another human in the present moment, is tied closely with the meaning of life. Order your food, trust in your host and enjoy your company. Be easy with the choices your friend makes and try not to judge those choices. In time they will become fascinated by your choices and will want to hear why you make them (why don’t you have mayonnaise on your burger? Why don’t you like fries? Etc).

Blossom

Forum Supporter
@Aymen, I'd take what @raypeatclips and @Glassy have said to heart. It is invaluable advice imo.
In regards to your parents health concerns please remember there are multiple variables to our state of 'health ' and even if they ate some mythical perfect diet they might have developed those issues anyway. Stress is a big one that comes to mind. I'd focus on loving them and enjoying the time you have together and not let food or food choices ruin or strain your relationship. That's just my 2 cents.

Lejeboca

Stress is a big one that comes to mind. I'd focus on loving them and enjoying the time you have together and not let food or food choices ruin or strain your relationship. That's just my 2 cents.

+1 ! Stress is the key.

Aymen

@Aymen, I'd take what @raypeatclips and @Glassy have said to heart. It is invaluable advice imo.
In regards to your parents health concerns please remember there are multiple variables to our state of 'health ' and even if they ate some mythical perfect diet they might have developed those issues anyway. Stress is a big one that comes to mind. I'd focus on loving them and enjoying the time you have together and not let food or food choices ruin or strain your relationship. That's just my 2 cents.
alright i got it thanks Blossom .

Aymen

It took me 30 odd years to realise that when you judge others you ultimately judge yourself. Maybe not right now or today but it will come back on you.

Your health is determined by what you do on a day to day basis. It’s the running average of all your actions. Your body is not made of glass. It is a piece of engineering mastery, literally capable of absorbing, processing and eliminating poison and then repairing the damage that it caused. It amazes me that the world can even sustain so many humans eating such poor quality food. It is a testament to the design of us that we are able to survive the storm that is around us and in us.

Be aware of what you put in your mouth and the affect that this may have on your body, but don’t let it stop you experiencing the infinite experiences you can have with another sentient being. I believe that the richness and excitement you feel when you are truly connecting with another human in the present moment, is tied closely with the meaning of life. Order your food, trust in your host and enjoy your company. Be easy with the choices your friend makes and try not to judge those choices. In time they will become fascinated by your choices and will want to hear why you make them (why don’t you have mayonnaise on your burger? Why don’t you like fries? Etc).
i will try and see , thanks man.

DaveFoster

Start by going out for dinner and then just order a soda because the menu is replete with PUFA.
Just eat the menu. No one should consume the citric acid and potentially mercury-contaminated high-fructose corn syrup (HFCS) in the soda.

Arnold Grape

Just eat the menu. No one should consume the citric acid and potentially mercury-contaminated high-fructose corn syrup (HFCS) in the soda.
@&%$! -In all seriousness, I probably eat closer to obsessively clean (i.e. good sat fats and low PUFA), however, I have noticed that when I stray outside of my standard menu items, I tend to develop ill feelings. This happened as recently as Saturday night, when I ate in a Mediterranean restaurant and had lamb cooked on a skewer, with fresh mango juice. That night I had to excuse myself to go to bed early.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals