Why do people that live in the countryside have horrible teeth but people that live in cities don't?

JamesGatz

Alright so something I noticed that I'm SURE you all have too -

people in RURAL areas tend to be missing teeth more often and in general not as good oral health than people in cities

Also, theres a stereotype that people from the UK don't have good teeth (compared to the US) which I find to be true BUT people in the UK ARE WAY HEALTHIER than people in the US, thats for certain

And I'm not talking about "drug addicts", we all know they have bad teeth but I'm talking about the average person in rural/suburban areas - BUT I KNOW FOR A FACT, people in rural areas are way healthier than people in cities

Even when I look at YouTube videos of people in like Alabama and Texas, their teeth are in WAY WORSE shape than people in NYC, but these people are way healthier and way better looking than people in NYC, so whats going on here?

Google is telling me its because the water in rural areas isn't "fluoridated", but we all know thats a lie

And I notice in the RP community, teeth issues tend to be common (not saying its a bad thing), but what I am saying though is what could be causing this ?

Does the body prioritize organ health over teeth health to the extent that when you're running more on metabolism, your teeth are the first things to suffer when something isn't perfect?

Last edited:

Limon9

people in RURAL areas tend to be missing teeth more often and in general not as good oral health than people in cities

Also, theres a stereotype that people from the UK don't have good teeth (compared to the US) which I find to be true BUT people in the UK ARE WAY HEALTHIER than people in the US, thats for certain

And I'm not talking about "drug addicts", we all know they have bad teeth but I'm talking about the average person in rural/suburban areas - BUT I KNOW FOR A FACT, people in rural areas are way healthier than people in cities

Even when I look at YouTube videos of people in like Alabama and Texas, their teeth are in WAY WORSE shape than people in NYC, but these people are way healthier and way better looking than people in NYC, so whats going on here?

Google is telling me its because the water in rural areas isn't "fluoridated", but we all know thats a lie

And I notice in the RP community, teeth issues tend to be common (not saying its a bad thing), but what I am saying though is what causes this ?

Does the body prioritize organ health over teeth health to the extent that when you're running more on metabolism, your teeth are the first things to suffer?
Skewed by affluence and dental procedures? What are teeth like in bad neighborhoods?

joaquin

FWIW, my grandparents lived in a rural area, probably 15 miles from nearest stoplight. My grandmother had all her teeth and I don't think she ever had one cavity. My grandfather lost all of his teeth and had to get dentures. My grandpa liked sweets but grandma was somewhat puritanical and avoided them. They lived the farm life and were born in the early 20th cent. so pufas probably had no effect. Go figure.

Hesperian

I've noticed this since moving to Florida. A lot people down here look like they've never seen a toothbrush in their lives, while back home in CT people generally had much better looking teeth. I don't get it, and it's disgusting. Toothbrushes, toothpaste, and floss are not expensive. You have no excuse other than being degenerate.

Summer

I assume that even in a rural setting, they eat poorly and don’t routinely take care of their teeth. They have many of the same bad habits that us city folk have.

Look at old pictures of Native Americans before they became westernized. Nearly flawless teeth.

OP
JamesGatz

JamesGatz

I'm using baking soda to brush my teeth now and its SO HELPFUL but it obliterates my stomach acid and androgens, might just use it at night because I don't want to stop using it

FrostedShores

I grew up in a very rural area. People in rural areas are often poor and don't have access to modern dentistry. I remember a lot of my friends never went to the dentist, and they thought it was weird that my parents sent me to the dentist every six months (the closest dentist was two towns away, roughly a 45 minute drive, btw). That being said, I don't remember anyone having terrible teeth - a lot of people had missing teeth largely due to accidents, but their remaining teeth were in good shape.

Since then, I've lived in both urban and rural areas. I can't say I've noticed too big of a difference in terms of health - plenty of obesity no matter where you go, plenty of mental health issues, plenty of general malaise. As far as teeth go, urban people have pretty bad teeth, too, especially when they come from a poor area. Maybe it's more of a class thing?

OP
JamesGatz

JamesGatz

Baking soda obliterates androgens? How so?
I'm not sure but anything that wrecks digestion wrecks my androgens and I know baking soda surpresses stomach acid and isn't great for digestion, so i might just try using it at night - when I use it in the morning, my stomach just isn't right for the whole day

FrostedShores

I'm not sure but anything that wrecks digestion wrecks my androgens and I know baking soda surpresses stomach acid and isn't great for digestion, so i might just try using it at night
I take it before bed and it's been a great benefit. But yeah, I wouldn't take it around meals, and I do take a break from it every once in a while.

orangeUglad

Good questions. I guess something else to keep in mind is a lot of these people in the big cities have money for things like veneers and teeth whitening procedures etc

michael94

Yea there's something to it. More than just seeing a Dentist less often I think. I think some aspects of city life can be less stressful on your teeth

Also I think most of the people in the best health leave rural areas for the cities in their youth. If you drive through or visit rural cities it's like all older folks or young kids. With no manufacturing base a lot of these towns have been gutted and there's not much reason to stay unless you have a farm. Not many 18-35 year olds in rural areas, it's quite depressing. This could be reversed with Nationalist policies but unfortunately we're ruled by a gang of criminals that makes the Sopranos look like child's play.

joaquin

I'm using baking soda to brush my teeth now and its SO HELPFUL but it obliterates my stomach acid and androgens, might just use it at night because I don't want to stop using it
I don't know.. maybe, just throwing it out there, brush with it, as I do sometimes, then , spit it out?

Dave Clark

I don't know.. maybe, just throwing it out there, brush with it, as I do sometimes, then , spit it out?
Exactly, nobody ever said to swallow the baking soda when brushing teeth. Furthermore, the amount you brush with, even if you swallow it, is not going to wreck digestion or androgens. Leaving some time between eating and brushing with baking soda will assure no neutralizing of stomach acid. Don't look at ceiling fans either.

haidut

Forum Supporter

And I notice in the RP community, teeth issues tend to be common (not saying its a bad thing), but what I am saying though is what could be causing this ?

Does the body prioritize organ health over teeth health to the extent that when you're running more on metabolism, your teeth are the first things to suffer when something isn't perfect?

As others mentioned - dental health is not objectively worse in rural areas. It's just that people there don't go to the dentist often. Every person I know here in the city has terrible dental health, with many crowns, bridges, and implants. However, the cosmetic aspect of modern dental work covers it all up, and makes people think the city is better. Dental health is a good surrogate for general health as it depends on CO2 levels and thyroid. By that measure (systemic health), urban health is almost always worse than rural, so the dental health likely reflects that but urban dwellers are better at covering it up.

StephanF

Forum Supporter
I read that dental health is tied to the type of bacteria living in your mouth and it is passed down from mother to child. So if the mother has excellent teeth, then her children will ‘inherit’ her germs that keep the teeth healthy.

I also remember my chemistry teacher in high school back in the 70s telling us the story of a friend of his, who decided to stop brushing his teeth. At first his friend had terrible breath but the after a couple of weeks or so, that went away and he had gotten sparkling white teeth! That impressed me so much that I still remember it.

frannybananny

OP
JamesGatz

JamesGatz

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals