Hi! Zdravo! My Thought About Ray And His World

nikolabeacon

Hi. I am Nikola from Serbia.

I found Ray's work 3 years ago while i was reading about longevity and traditional diets in the world. Of course while i was reading i came across modern diets(Atkins, macrobiotic, vegetarian, frutarian,)..but all of it didn't make sense to me because it was contrary to all my food favouritess and because in my family everyone was long lived and healthy and we were eating foods from our countryside family in mountains. T hose diets sonded ridiculous to me And there were non single proof that they were healthy.. Here in Serbia traditionaly food is cooked/fried in pork fat, but from traditionaly fed pork and so people here and my family always used this instead of oils until rrcently because technology of fattening the pigs came very late here in Serbia. Large percent of families lived in a countryside and ate traditional foods until recent years. People abandoned the rural lands and moved to cities Traditionaly produced food was no longer available to buy in grocery stores,, States livestock was ruined and milk products where demonized and still are by main medical media....and school People Started eating large amounts of bread and pastries ,and to cook food with sunflower oil instead of traditional fed pork fat And started to get sick. And that was begining of the degradation of true Standard of living My parents were writing diaries about my brother, sister and me while we were kids( photos, growth, track of our hights, food we liked and craved the most) (our favourite foods was apple juice, cherries, fried potatoes, Coca-cola , grilled minced meat, sugared milk(my parents found folk quote ,,cup of milk and go to bed " very usefull for our quiet sleep )) and i' am indescribably grateful to them for that because that was the first things that came to !y mind when i started reading Ray's articles.e specially bout baby metabolism And insticts. Of course he also talks about traditional diets ,saturated fats and TOXIC effects of Polyunsaturated fats wich further led me into reading his work more seriously.I was always thinking that food have huge importance on us since it's s our closest contact with the enviroment But when i was in highg school and university i didn't sleep enough, was started to eat bad food (prepared with sunflower oil) and spent large part of the day in front of monitor drawing in stupid programs...and now i can say why i was so nervous in that period. When I finished culinary scholl 4 years ago I started to read more about food and food preparation and nutrition and later started to read abou traditional food preparation and that opened doors to traditional diets and longevity and I found first Weston a price and than Ray peat. I incorporated more milk (3-3,5 L)in my diet although we consumed good amounts of diary from our countryside family.( Mostly From cheese) I stoped eating bread and it was eady for me. Started drinking coffee with milk and lots of sugar . Drinking coca cola regulary250-500 ml a day, eat 1kg(winter)- 5 (summer)kg of fruits or juice (cooked apples in winter or apple juice ,Tangerines or orange bBut when are good quality and fully ripe since here we Import it From greece and spain and at the starting of the season they ARE very bad and if i ate Some of it a got stuffed nose...cherries, cherry juice , nectarines, watermelons and melons in summer and grape juice in autumn. I eat fried minced meat 1- 2 times a week and fish (pike,some other white freshwater fish that i catch myself and a frozen cod) also 2-3 times abot 250g piece.I eat fish suops From heads and bones regulary since I like to go fishing and it has amazing effects on my body.I aet other suops also from shanks , tails and chiken wings. I eat calfs or lambs liver and sometimes in the winter fried fish roe. I eat lots of honey and marmelade From plums. I eat also mushrooms regulary.I make munchmallows and fruit gelatin, cheese cake sometimes, and icecream that I made. I eat 2 eggs daily. in summer mostly raw with milk and honey in form off icy cold eggnog.I cook in coconut oil and butter.I eat rice cooked in milk200 g in 2 L of milk and ad 200 g of sugar and that last about a week and potatoes(mashed or fried) 2-3times a week I dont eat tomatoes since i never liked them. I eat kale cooked in milk sometimes for vit K and also pork rinds and fried bacon and Some othertasty food and recipes for family meals on special ocassions and birthdays! I also incorporated carrot chewing daily. I noticed that my stools ARE softer and larger since making change in diet. And i am sleeping about8- 9 hours.But i found that if i am not outdoors at least 2-3 hours sleep is not so good.Since 18 I was 77-78 (186cm) muscular with some fat and Now after 3 years of change in diet i lookthe same and even smaller But much leaner and more muscles but have the weight of 82-83 kg and feel GREAT.and And while i was training swimming and lifting weights my mood was not so good.,(i was always nervous)a nd i was not so Lean as Now . Ii not take any vitamins because i am not sure what is quality and it can complicate things very much if yoh are really dont know whats going on . I mean i see people here become obssesed with it. i will going to starrt taking Aspirin maybe because NATO bombardinig of Serbia in 90's.. and I am concerned about radiation From land because they bombarded with bombs with depleted uranium. Thyroid is good for now.I was also backing my memory about a specific psihologycal situations And moments in life in order to understand some things. As a kids my sister And i were always lying on the floor doing some drawings and painting. And i am drawing almost every day since i know myself. I remember very well that when we were kids my brother And sister were always putting pieces of bread beneath our plates so that parents won't see it.And also while reading again My parents diaries about our childhood i felt that Ray is speaking something importance to us .As someone said CHILDRENS ARE TRUE ARTISTS\SCIENTISTS. They spontaneously experiment, try various things And experience And reexperience things.And healthy insticts help them in choices they made.And all of it was making sense for me., And helped me to create a complete image of Ray's World But As I am now older and incorporated more in life with grown-ups which ARE destroyed because they detached from childrens in themselves and later as a consequece led to believe in disrupted and fallse stories that they must live this way , and life became suffering for many. And i see that food is just one part of the whole picture. But maybe a nutrition As a good starting point As Ray also said that he hope that by understanding our culture of food and agriculture production ,because food is our closest contact that we have with environment, we can further understand other things which ARE closely related to that and finally understand that all is designed the wrong way . As he wrote in his last article THE MOST TOXIC SUBSTANCE FOR US IS THE WAY A SYSTEM IS DESIGNED. He wanted to say and be clear to understand that our effort to optimise nutrition isn' T enough if we want to really improve our lives . Even a medication won' t help. We are social beings and knowing that we won' t realize our true meaningfull social life ,because the way system today je DESIGNED( to make profit instead of producing and organizing life in accordance to real human needs)destroy true interaction with people, we can' t hope to completely solve the problem if we continue to do things(mainly parasitism, living of other people works, buying things which we dont really need in our lives, products whose production is not good for the environment and desire to live in the city and not in the rural areas )wich work hand in hand with current destructive system . Going to live life and to find things which yoh really love is very protective to the other people and you will inspire them and show them thatt this isn' t the only way possiblle.. Someone who IS polluting environment with his fabric or bussines won't change his mind by incorporating Ray peat ideas of nutrition . He will provide himself with highg quality foods and continue to destroy enviroment because he lives of that bussines. He won't bother to change something as he is already making profit...same as with oil industry. And many other things

As i see majority of members here are from USA or western europe countries. Here in Serbia situation is much different than in mentioned lands. Although Serbia and other Balkan countries have much smaller wages, far less developed production technology, infrastructure and overall "progress" , people here still have much more freedom than in USA , Japan, and other too much technology and technics driven countries. I mean people are not so stressed here. But From the talks in my family and from my observation in the last 15 - 20 years situation is changing / geting worse.
Here in Serbia modern dumb and profit driven "western" culture was sinonim for decadence..But now more and more people accept that way and in the last years I can see that my country is losing it's roots that could help us to sail in bright future. Everything is profit driven and that led to decadence of young generation.Parasitism is everywhere.even in the people that interprete the Raymond Peat study and ideas .Those people missed main point of his view about the world and the parasitic people and organizations in the World that is destroying us.Everything from bad quality food, sitting in front of computers and not walking in nature ,to tight clothing and false profit driven relationships, friendships and educational choices they made ARE destroying young people and thus whole Future and they don' see it. They ARE hipnothised that we can live like this and that we will forever improve our lives with current methods of destruction. As Ray said we can' T hope to get anywhere iff we don' T build critical thinking and begin to change things. HEALTHY BRAIN IS ALWAYS CRITICAL AND ASK NEW QUESTIONS (thus creating NOVELTY and new SITUATIONS and MEANINGFuLL ACTiViTY. i think is the main message From RAY.

I am 24 year old male with good health before incorporating some of peat' ideas. I feel great after 3 years ...especially in mental sharpness and overall mental health. And of course in hair and nail quality ... my hair is straighter and much Darker changed from pale brown to almost black.I can tolerate cold winter much much better.I attended university of architecture and was dissapointed in how it's s designed to kill your individuality and make a highly specialized robot out of YOU who can't have whole picture of the world.I then finished high culinary school in one year. And go to several othert art courses Now I keep beehives with my father and sell honey and beeswax. I am drawing and interested in design science.since my childhood I also play a guitar for 10 years already and started a violin also 2 years ago. I also go to folk dance classes. Biology (bioenergy)and physiology are my new great interests.

L

lollipop

Hi. I am Nikola from Serbia.

I found Ray's work 3 years ago while i was reading about longevity and traditional diets in the world. Of course while i was reading i came across modern diets(Atkins, macrobiotic, vegetarian, frutarian,)..but all of it didn't make sense to me because it was contrary to all my food favouritess and because in my family everyone was long lived and healthy and we were eating foods from our countryside family in mountains. T hose diets sonded ridiculous to me And there were non single proof that they were healthy.. Here in Serbia traditionaly food is cooked/fried in pork fat, but from traditionaly fed pork and so people here and my family always used this instead of oils until rrcently because technology of fattening the pigs came very late here in Serbia. Large percent of families lived in a countryside and ate traditional foods until recent years. People abandoned the rural lands and moved to cities Traditionaly produced food was no longer available to buy in grocery stores,, States livestock was ruined and milk products where demonized and still are by main medical media....and school People Started eating large amounts of bread and pastries ,and to cook food with sunflower oil instead of traditional fed pork fat And started to get sick. And that was begining of the degradation of true Standard of living My parents were writing diaries about my brother, sister and me while we were kids( photos, growth, track of our hights, food we liked and craved the most) (our favourite foods was apple juice, cherries, fried potatoes, Coca-cola , grilled minced meat, sugared milk(my parents found folk quote ,,cup of milk and go to bed " very usefull for our quiet sleep )) and i' am indescribably grateful to them for that because that was the first things that came to !y mind when i started reading Ray's articles.e specially bout baby metabolism And insticts. Of course he also talks about traditional diets ,saturated fats and TOXIC effects of Polyunsaturated fats wich further led me into reading his work more seriously.I was always thinking that food have huge importance on us since it's s our closest contact with the enviroment But when i was in highg school and university i didn't sleep enough, was started to eat bad food (prepared with sunflower oil) and spent large part of the day in front of monitor drawing in stupid programs...and now i can say why i was so nervous in that period. When I finished culinary scholl 4 years ago I started to read more about food and food preparation and nutrition and later started to read abou traditional food preparation and that opened doors to traditional diets and longevity and I found first Weston a price and than Ray peat. I incorporated more milk (3-3,5 L)in my diet although we consumed good amounts of diary from our countryside family.( Mostly From cheese) I stoped eating bread and it was eady for me. Started drinking coffee with milk and lots of sugar . Drinking coca cola regulary250-500 ml a day, eat 1kg(winter)- 5 (summer)kg of fruits or juice (cooked apples in winter or apple juice ,Tangerines or orange bBut when are good quality and fully ripe since here we Import it From greece and spain and at the starting of the season they ARE very bad and if i ate Some of it a got stuffed nose...cherries, cherry juice , nectarines, watermelons and melons in summer and grape juice in autumn. I eat fried minced meat 1- 2 times a week and fish (pike,some other white freshwater fish that i catch myself and a frozen cod) also 2-3 times abot 250g piece.I eat fish suops From heads and bones regulary since I like to go fishing and it has amazing effects on my body.I aet other suops also from shanks , tails and chiken wings. I eat calfs or lambs liver and sometimes in the winter fried fish roe. I eat lots of honey and marmelade From plums. I eat also mushrooms regulary.I make munchmallows and fruit gelatin, cheese cake sometimes, and icecream that I made. I eat 2 eggs daily. in summer mostly raw with milk and honey in form off icy cold eggnog.I cook in coconut oil and butter.I eat rice cooked in milk200 g in 2 L of milk and ad 200 g of sugar and that last about a week and potatoes(mashed or fried) 2-3times a week I dont eat tomatoes since i never liked them. I eat kale cooked in milk sometimes for vit K and also pork rinds and fried bacon and Some othertasty food and recipes for family meals on special ocassions and birthdays! I also incorporated carrot chewing daily. I noticed that my stools ARE softer and larger since making change in diet. And i am sleeping about8- 9 hours.But i found that if i am not outdoors at least 2-3 hours sleep is not so good.Since 18 I was 77-78 (186cm) muscular with some fat and Now after 3 years of change in diet i lookthe same and even smaller But much leaner and more muscles but have the weight of 82-83 kg and feel GREAT.and And while i was training swimming and lifting weights my mood was not so good.,(i was always nervous)a nd i was not so Lean as Now . Ii not take any vitamins because i am not sure what is quality and it can complicate things very much if yoh are really dont know whats going on . I mean i see people here become obssesed with it. i will going to starrt taking Aspirin maybe because NATO bombardinig of Serbia in 90's.. and I am concerned about radiation From land because they bombarded with bombs with depleted uranium. Thyroid is good for now.I was also backing my memory about a specific psihologycal situations And moments in life in order to understand some things. As a kids my sister And i were always lying on the floor doing some drawings and painting. And i am drawing almost every day since i know myself. I remember very well that when we were kids my brother And sister were always putting pieces of bread beneath our plates so that parents won't see it.And also while reading again My parents diaries about our childhood i felt that Ray is speaking something importance to us .As someone said CHILDRENS ARE TRUE ARTISTS\SCIENTISTS. They spontaneously experiment, try various things And experience And reexperience things.And healthy insticts help them in choices they made.And all of it was making sense for me., And helped me to create a complete image of Ray's World But As I am now older and incorporated more in life with grown-ups which ARE destroyed because they detached from childrens in themselves and later as a consequece led to believe in disrupted and fallse stories that they must live this way , and life became suffering for many. And i see that food is just one part of the whole picture. But maybe a nutrition As a good starting point As Ray also said that he hope that by understanding our culture of food and agriculture production ,because food is our closest contact that we have with environment, we can further understand other things which ARE closely related to that and finally understand that all is designed the wrong way . As he wrote in his last article THE MOST TOXIC SUBSTANCE FOR US IS THE WAY A SYSTEM IS DESIGNED. He wanted to say and be clear to understand that our effort to optimise nutrition isn' T enough if we want to really improve our lives . Even a medication won' t help. We are social beings and knowing that we won' t realize our true meaningfull social life ,because the way system today je DESIGNED( to make profit instead of producing and organizing life in accordance to real human needs)destroy true interaction with people, we can' t hope to completely solve the problem if we continue to do things(mainly parasitism, living of other people works, buying things which we dont really need in our lives, products whose production is not good for the environment and desire to live in the city and not in the rural areas )wich work hand in hand with current destructive system . Going to live life and to find things which yoh really love is very protective to the other people and you will inspire them and show them thatt this isn' t the only way possiblle.. Someone who IS polluting environment with his fabric or bussines won't change his mind by incorporating Ray peat ideas of nutrition . He will provide himself with highg quality foods and continue to destroy enviroment because he lives of that bussines. He won't bother to change something as he is already making profit...same as with oil industry. And many other things

As i see majority of members here are from USA or western europe countries. Here in Serbia situation is much different than in mentioned lands. Although Serbia and other Balkan countries have much smaller wages, far less developed production technology, infrastructure and overall "progress" , people here still have much more freedom than in USA , Japan, and other too much technology and technics driven countries. I mean people are not so stressed here. But From the talks in my family and from my observation in the last 15 - 20 years situation is changing / geting worse.
Here in Serbia modern dumb and profit driven "western" culture was sinonim for decadence..But now more and more people accept that way and in the last years I can see that my country is losing it's roots that could help us to sail in bright future. Everything is profit driven and that led to decadence of young generation.Parasitism is everywhere.even in the people that interprete the Raymond Peat study and ideas .Those people missed main point of his view about the world and the parasitic people and organizations in the World that is destroying us.Everything from bad quality food, sitting in front of computers and not walking in nature ,to tight clothing and false profit driven relationships, friendships and educational choices they made ARE destroying young people and thus whole Future and they don' see it. They ARE hipnothised that we can live like this and that we will forever improve our lives with current methods of destruction. As Ray said we can' T hope to get anywhere iff we don' T build critical thinking and begin to change things. HEALTHY BRAIN IS ALWAYS CRITICAL AND ASK NEW QUESTIONS (thus creating NOVELTY and new SITUATIONS and MEANINGFuLL ACTiViTY. i think is the main message From RAY.

I am 24 year old male with good health before incorporating some of peat' ideas. I feel great after 3 years ...especially in mental sharpness and overall mental health. And of course in hair and nail quality ... my hair is straighter and much Darker changed from pale brown to almost black.I can tolerate cold winter much much better.I attended university of architecture and was dissapointed in how it's s designed to kill your individuality and make a highly specialized robot out of YOU who can't have whole picture of the world.I then finished high culinary school in one year. And go to several othert art courses Now I keep beehives with my father and sell honey and beeswax. I am drawing and interested in design science.since my childhood I also play a guitar for 10 years already and started a violin also 2 years ago. I also go to folk dance classes. Biology (bioenergy)and physiology are my new great interests.
:welcome What a wonderful story of your journey! Thrilled you found Ray Peat so young and could make healthy adjustments to your lifestyle and choices. Bravo for you. This forum has amazing wisdom on it. Enjoy :):

Xisca

Thanks for your story, I was told thngs almost the same by spanish people who came from mountainous parts near Pyreneas, and they realice the mistakes they made in changing way of life. They also say that they could not go on because of Europe and legislation that makes imposible to have only a few cows, because it was illigal to milk by hand and too costly to buy a machine for a few cows....

So there is people + political fault for the last eating changes....

OP
nikolabeacon

nikolabeacon

:welcome What a wonderful story of your journey! Thrilled you found Ray Peat so young and could make healthy adjustments to your lifestyle and choices. Bravo for you. This forum has amazing wisdom on it. Enjoy :)
I am lucky i grow up and live in small town...when i was kid i spent lots of time in mountains with countryside family, have a contact with nature through helping My father in keeping beehives And during summers i ALWAYS worked with my countryside family in the fields and I think thats the main reason why later I have different thinking than CHILDRENS in larger towns. Of course i didn't have any religious pressures From my parents And that also had big imact on my thinking And interests. And in overall I thinki that Countries in wich "progress" came later have more open minded people And that situation allowed people more freedom to research various things. But as I said things are changing to worse.

OP
nikolabeacon

nikolabeacon

:welcome2 to the forum @nikolabeacon.

Your post made be curious about Croatian cuisine. Could you post a few recipes, please ? :grin

Recipes
I will see to do something in the near future.
Thanks for your story, I was told thngs almost the same by spanish people who came from mountainous parts near Pyreneas, and they realice the mistakes they made in changing way of life. They also say that they could not go on because of Europe and legislation that makes imposible to have only a few cows, because it was illigal to milk by hand and too costly to buy a machine for a few cows....

So there is people + political fault for the last eating changes....
. Yes. And it seems that morons And slaves in our government are planning to do the same things...

Xisca

And in overall I thinki that Countries in wich "progress" came later have more open minded people And that situation allowed people more freedom to research various things.
I live in the Canary where progress has come later than in the rest of Spain, and I do not see what you say, or even the reverse! People were happy to get chemicals and imported goods for eating. Young people want to go away and study and don't come back...
People here still trust medicine and 85% of the food comes from far away because it is mountainous and difficult to cultivate, and sunflower oil is beginning, because cheaper they buy it. Ecological people here are mostly from abroad, and the main reason there are eclogical products come from the German who arrived here after Chernóbil!

OP
nikolabeacon

nikolabeacon

I live in the Canary where progress has come later than in the rest of Spain, and I do not see what you say, or even the reverse! People were happy to get chemicals and imported goods for eating. Young people want to go away and study and don't come back...
People here still trust medicine and 85% of the food comes from far away because it is mountainous and difficult to cultivate, and sunflower oil is beginning, because cheaper they buy it. Ecological people here are mostly from abroad, and the main reason there are eclogical products come from the German who arrived here after Chernóbil!

Yes. Also in Serbia Majority was blinded when progress came And still are But the individuals who are reading And not listening to mainstream media And science And have an image of the whole world And how it is curentlly operating reject false values and even build a clearer picture of how we should not operate and live... And still can find time and have freedom to do many things wich are really meaningfull And which they couldnt if they were in some more developed countries. And about young people ....situation is the same in the whole world..everyone dreams of going somewhere for bigger money....my uncle lives in Germany And some family friends worked there And they said to me that even there young people dream of big money and of going to America..?And that friendships are fallse and money driven...and people thinking like robots.....and young womens don' t want to have childrens because of their jobs and careers... And also relatives of one of my friend who were living on Iceland came back Here because they couldn t standt way of living there anymore . I know many other cases... I also liked Ray because he mentioned Kropotkin(advocate of Autarky) and Tolstoy And said they were his first political influences...I have similar thinking And ideas....It is nothing wrong in wanting to see a world and learn other culture But why abandoning your roots? We must have realistic picture of where we are currently and where are we going ...

johnwester130

Peat's work seems to be a combination of instinct, simplified reductionist thinking, and also autistic thinking. These foods are bad, these foods are good. These hormones are bad, these are good.

Or maybe that's just me.

OP
nikolabeacon

nikolabeacon

Peat's work seems to be a combination of instinct, simplified reductionist thinking, and also autistic thinking. These foods are bad, these foods are good. These hormones are bad, these are good.

Or maybe that's just me.
Ok. Maybe it is logic to think like that when yoh see him like someone who discovered something new and very big in human nutrition...But is it really that true....HHe know that it is not ultimate truth...and that it is not enough just to eat like robot and put tons of powders in your mouth... Even he said "I see myself as a painter" ...and by this statement he wanted to send important message...

Xisca

reject false values and even build a clearer picture of how we should not operate and live... And still can find time and have freedom to do many things wich are really meaningfull And which they couldnt if they were in some more developed countries.
...For how long? I hope many enough will see like you... Some things that disappear are difficult to get back, like local sedes adapted to the local climate. Here even the orange trees are adapted to peninsular Spain such as lime soil and cold....
But we do have some people having resistant bees, smaller in size, and people do permacultture too.

Xisca

I do follow Peat but using fruits and honey and not sugar. I can feel a difference and some Friends told me the same.
I guess he developped short advice such as milk and ornge juice so that people could do it in any place, and without having a lot of money.
But how can you say that orange juice is perfect and universal when the trees does not grow every where? And if you have to get your guts back to good health for milk, then it does not work for all people. And it is still posible to use grains, but if they are properly prepared, like what he says about masa harina.
I also know W. Price, and I agree about fermenting or sprouting seeds.
My view is that it is posible to find solutions with any kind of food, with correct preparation, but that are not easy. Try to do masa harina at home!!! Here we find only gmo corn, and certainly not cooked with a lime Stone!

OP
nikolabeacon

nikolabeacon

...For how long? I hope many enough will see like you... Some things that disappear are difficult to get back, like local sedes adapted to the local climate. Here even the orange trees are adapted to peninsular Spain such as lime soil and cold....
But we do have some people having resistant bees, smaller in size, and people do permacultture too.
I agree. Autochthonous species of plants And animals are far suprior because they adopted to do climate change in specific regon. Taste And smell are very different ...for example we have still some verry rare native apples And other fruit varieties that smell LIKE HEAVEN And TASTE EVEN BETTER....also threre are some autochthonous breeds of cows which are very robust And resistant to diseases and with milk that has 6% of fat And 5 g of sugar per 100 g ...its amazingly sweet And nicee.
I do follow Peat but using fruits and honey and not sugar. I can feel a difference and some Friends told me the same.
I guess he developped short advice such as milk and ornge juice so that people could do it in any place, and without having a lot of money.
But how can you say that orange juice is perfect and universal when the trees does not grow every where? And if you have to get your guts back to good health for milk, then it does not work for all people. And it is still posible to use grains, but if they are properly prepared, like what he says about masa harina.
I also know W. Price, and I agree about fermenting or sprouting seeds.
My view is that it is posible to find solutions with any kind of food, with correct preparation, but that are not easy. Try to do masa harina at home!!! Here we find only gmo corn, and certainly not cooked with a lime Stone!
. Ok . Peat says many things LIKE he said...IN CONTEXT....which is very important....of course When it is about sugar he said something LIKE ,,,sugar is "similar" in nutrition as honey with less allergy risk....he has a reason why he said that in that way....for an average person which is not so familiar with honey varieties And considering that its hard to find And buy real quality honey it is better to advise sugar....he ALWAYS recomend saferr things for people...And read this....And i will post this somewhere else on forum.....In addition to carbohydrates, honey contains numerous compounds, such as organic acids, proteins, amino acids, minerals, and vitamins [10, 11] (Table 1). Pure honeys were also reported to contain polyphenols, alkaloids, anthraquinone glycosides, cardiac glycosides, flavonoids, reducing compounds, and volatile compound.
Previous studies have reported the presence of approximately 600 different volatile compounds in honey, and these compounds can be used to characterize its botanical source [28]. In addition, volatile compounds can also impart aromatic characteristics to honey and contribute to its potential biomedical activity [28]. The volatile composition of honey is generally low but includes hydrocarbons, aldehydes, alcohols, ketones, acid esters, benzene and its derivatives, furan and pyran, norisoprenoids, terpene and its derivatives, and sulfur, as well as cyclic compounds [29, 30].

Polyphenols and flavonoids, which act as antioxidants, are two important bioactive molecules that are present in honey. Emerging evidence from recent studies has confirmed the presence of approximately 30 different polyphenols in honey [31, 32]. The total polyphenol content of honey varies from 50 to 850 mg/kg, whereas the flavonoid content varies from 36 mg/kg to 150 mg/kg [12, 33, 34]. The presence and concentrations of these polyphenols in honeys can vary depending upon the floral source and the geographical and climatic conditions. Some bioactive compounds, such as Galangin, kaempferol, quercetin, isorhamnetin, and luteolin, are present in all types of honey, whereas others, such as hesperetin and naringenin, are reported only in specific varieties [35]. Overall, the most commonly reported phenolic and flavonoid compounds in honey include ellagic acid, gallic acid, syringic acid, benzoic acid, cinnamic acid, ferulic acids, chlorogenic acid, caffeic acid, coumaric acid, myricetin, chrysin, hesperetin, isorhamnetin, quercetin, galangin, apigenin, catechin, kaempferol, naringenin, and luteolin [7, 31, 32].
Link to whole article https://www.hindawi.com/journals/ecam/2014/958721/. And Yoh should try our acacia honey....it is mild And TASTE amazing....especially with milk....i sometimes go for several days just on milk And honey And 2-3 eggs....When i am Busy with other things

Last edited:

Xisca

i sometimes go for several days just on milk And honey And 2-3 eggs....When i am Busy with other things
lol, if you mix all this, my mother called this "hen's milk"!

Sugar is very different to honey in my opinión. Honey is with 2 monosacarids, glucose and fructose... Sugar is a disacarid, sucrose or sacarose, that the body has to Split into glucose and fructose.
So, it all depends on your digestive system...
And when people have problem with fructose, they are better on starch.
And I also know a case of allergy to sugar, and no allergy to starch or fructose or glucose...

OP
nikolabeacon

nikolabeacon

lol, if you mix all this, my mother called this "hen's milk"!

Sugar is very different to honey in my opinión. Honey is with 2 monosacarids, glucose and fructose... Sugar is a disacarid, sucrose or sacarose, that the body has to Split into glucose and fructose.
So, it all depends on your digestive system...
And when people have problem with fructose, they are better on starch.
And I also know a case of allergy to sugar, and no allergy to starch or fructose or glucose...
Yes usually in summer period I mix that all .Amount for one day (-3-4 L of milk 250-300 g honey and 2-3 eggs (Warmed to about 60 C to kill possiblle pathogens )) And I think that you should thrive on this several days or even weeks without any deficiency with maybe some fruits picked from trees. Of course if you are healthy enough and if it Is combined with lot of Sun exposure(being outdoors for a whole day) on bare skin( wearing just pants and maybe tanktop for girls) and also going barefoot . Sugar Is also good But If it Is combined with very rich and dense diet with great variety of fruits, potatoes and soups. I posted thread about other substances on honey . I said there And it Is so much overrated to look food just nutritionaly without taste and many other substances which are in food. Think about it. How much substances are in fruit , milk , potatoes, meat and honey that are Nonnutrional substances which are barely invedtigated and researched. We still have autochtonous apples, cherries, plums, grapes, and peers that taste like no other fruit that you can find in markets today. There are over 20 different tastingg apple varieties here in Serbia. Their taste Is amazing. And smell also. Like heaven. Fruit in supermarket dont have any smell at all. And also we have some autochtonous cherries and plums that I think their quality Is best in the world bdcause of specific climate and soil. Also that milk of autochtonous cows ...it Is amazing. So local Is the best But in more developed countries Those auchtohtonous species of plants and animals are probably destroyed. So we are not Robots . And we still dont know many many things about our bodies and its possibilities. We are in the begining of process of learning.

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom