From Spider Bite To Possible C.difficile

EIRE24

Ok, so B. Coagulans is a spore forming anaerobe like C diff, and so will be susceptible to Mentrondiazole as well. No point taking it now as it will just get killed and possibly reduce the effectiveness of the antibiotic but probably worth doing right after I finish the course. The Natren is all aerobics from what I can tell which aren't affected by Mentrondiazole so might well be worth a shot now. S. Boulardi wasn't effective in this case so I stopped it. The only thing which has controlled the symptoms somewhat up until this point is pepto-bismol, interestingly Bismuth has some activity against C Diff.
Is pepto-bismol a digestive aid?

OP
Goat-e

Goat-e

One round of Metronidazole just about cleared it up. Then relapsed two and a half weeks later so am just finishing a two week course of Vancomycin. Had been stuffing my face with B Coagulans which didn't seem to do much. Just got some C. Butyricum from Japan so I'm going to try that.

On the plus side, Goat discovers miracle weight loss...

OP
Goat-e

Goat-e

Also tried r5p as detailed here, but didn't seem to do the trick. It's a ****er for sure.

Wolf

When I got bit by a Brown Recluse the bite ended with MRSA and hospitalization. Can't recall what they gave me, but two years later my health nosedived. Take care and keep an eye on anything that might creep up on you.

Seleniodine

Hi there, here is an article that offers a different approach that may be helpful.
Antibiotics are not effective in getting rid of C.diff according to these dentists.

The Calcium Method of Clostridium Difficile Control

by Drs. Mark J. Manhart, Thomas B. Steg, March, 2012
ABSTRACT
"Clostridium difficile (C. difficile) is an uncommon strain of anaerobic, gram-positive spore-forming bacteria that gather in colonies and starve themselves for long periods of time while under antibiotic or chemo therapy. Then, when the medications have run their course and the environment once again favors the C. difficle spores, they germinate and reappear as C. difficile that grow to re-populate new colonies. These microbes are difficult to culture, grow slowly, release inflammatory toxins that damage mucosa of the colon, and spread by way of a rectal/oral pathway. Re-generated C. difficile can produce even more potent toxins responsible for some of the most serious human infections resistant to antibiotics. Their heat-resistant spores can persist for several months to years in their favored environment, all of which is reminiscent of the properties of Fusobacteria. The aim of this paper is to evaluate recent findings in light of forty years of human clinical experience in dentistry managing and controlling anaerobic bacteria with calcium materials. "

"The calcium approach is to lay “siege” to bacterial ingenuity. That is, find them, control their environment with calcium, manage their replication with oxygen, protect the healthy tissues, and outlive the rascals. Destroying “bad” organisms in milliseconds may be popular or necessary, but if calcium does reduce anaerobic bacteria replication so readily over enough time, the healthy tissues will recover with fresh oxygenation, dominate the field, and regenerate naturally. This approach quickly becomes more than mere survival of the fittest, but survival with less anaerobic toxicity."

Also tried r5p as detailed here, but didn't seem to do the trick. It's a ****er for sure.

richofden

Forum Supporter
Echinacea did the trick for me. I´ve had serious symptoms going from my rectum towards my left legs, and especially after consuming Trehalose. It turns out that trehalose passes undigested (or whatever it is), don´t know much about this, but I really am amazed of how painful this infection can be. So this just got me very hooked on finding out how to find a solution. I´ve tried so many things, and some of it works momentary like Niacinamide and Aspirin etc. Anyway, after reading up on selfhacked.com I found out about Echinacea. So I take a homeopathic solutions in dilution 4C and it effectively stops the pain. I don´t know if it´s actually killing the bacterium or just being anti inflammatory, all I know is, pain has vanished.

Last edited:

Perry Staltic

Anyone got any experience with this, mitigating the risks etc? I'm generally not a fan of probiotics, pretty sure they were part of the reason I got RA (which thanks to Peat and the this forum I've since got rid of) so I'm really wary of them, but maybe the situation will warrant it...

I had a similar experience. Went gonzo with probiotics one night that I found at Walmart, and the next morning everything was back to normal. I now stay away from, as much as possible, probiotics that produce D-lactate. A lot of probiotic products contain acidophilus which produces a lot of D-lactate.

richofden

Forum Supporter
I just realized that my main issue was the waste product from the Gelatin I take. So now I buy some organic gelatin from pigs, least processed, I checked with the vendor. It´s their own product here in Denmark. I cook it up in water and lots of white sugar, and when it´s all settled and finished boiling I let it rest for some minutes until the top of it is like a thin layer. thereby I can just swipe all the wast foamy material away, let it sit in cold temp for an hour or so, and then I get a beautiful amber color clear gelatin. Anyway, I was afraid that it was the Trehalose as mentioned, but luckily it wasn´t, cause that really is also beneficial for me, especially in early evening. Here´s a link to the gelatin I buy. Urtegaarden Økologisk Gelatine - 100 g

June

@Goat-e any update? Did you beat C.Difficile? I hope you did!

@EIRE24 I wonder if Bacillus HU58 would be effective. I heard it has to be specific for c.diff. Cant be any bacillus coagulans.

proteome

Forum Supporter
You may want to read the book "Chronic", or at least have a look at some of the stats that it quotes, because it is a good primer to navigating the morass of confusing, intermittent symptoms, and lack of competence, sometimes intentional, in the medical "community."

More than 85% of people diagnosed with an "autoimmune" disorder were found to have a vector borne illness after the application of an infectious disease diagnostic protocol.

Peatress

You may want to read the book "Chronic", or at least have a look at some of the stats that it quotes, because it is a good primer to navigating the morass of confusing, intermittent symptoms, and lack of competence, sometimes intentional, in the medical "community."

More than 85% of people diagnosed with an "autoimmune" disorder were found to have a vector borne illness after the application of an infectious disease diagnostic protocol.
Do you know what this diagnostic protocol is?

proteome

Forum Supporter
I just realized that my main issue was the waste product from the Gelatin I take. So now I buy some organic gelatin from pigs, least processed, I checked with the vendor. It´s their own product here in Denmark. I cook it up in water and lots of white sugar, and when it´s all settled and finished boiling I let it rest for some minutes until the top of it is like a thin layer. thereby I can just swipe all the wast foamy material away, let it sit in cold temp for an hour or so, and then I get a beautiful amber color clear gelatin. Anyway, I was afraid that it was the Trehalose as mentioned, but luckily it wasn´t, cause that really is also beneficial for me, especially in early evening. Here´s a link to the gelatin I buy. Urtegaarden Økologisk Gelatine - 100 g
@richofden, how did you find out about the waste product?

And what was the gelatin that you used to take? I'd like to see it, because it could help me see a pattern to other Gelatin types that might have issues.

Would you care to comment on my question about Micro-Ingredients' gelatin or Organic gelatin?

proteome

Forum Supporter
Do you know what this diagnostic protocol is?
It's the ILADS protocol, more recently updated and different than the one from the last century.

I should warn you, the clinics run by these physicians are not cheap, and diagnosis of infectious diseases can be like finding a needle in a haystack, compared to maladies with fewer possible root causes.

At least these guys have a magnet and metal detector to use on the haystack.

richofden

Forum Supporter
@richofden, how did you find out about the waste product?

And what was the gelatin that you used to take? I'd like to see it, because it could help me see a pattern to other Gelatin types that might have issues.

Would you care to comment on my question about Micro-Ingredients' gelatin or Organic gelatin?

it was the inorganic version from the same company. I now take a different one, grass fed and organic from cows, pretty solid and works really well, it´s this: Økologisk Bone Broth Kollagen med Hyaluronsyre, Nordisk og Græsfodret, . These guys are the real deal.

Peatress

It's the ILADS protocol, more recently updated and different than the one from the last century.

I should warn you, the clinics run by these physicians are not cheap, and diagnosis of infectious diseases can be like finding a needle in a haystack, compared to maladies with fewer possible root causes.

At least these guys have a magnet and metal detector to use on the haystack.
I asked because I suspect this is some kind of pseudo science. Not to be trusted.

Here is my link with my husband’s horrible experience with C-diff…

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom