How Many Hrs Sleep Do You Get A Night, & Has It Changed?

How many hours of sleep do you get a night?

• <4

Votes: 1 3.1%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 5 15.6%

Votes: 7 21.9%

Votes: 6 18.8%

Votes: 4 12.5%

Votes: 2 6.3%

Votes: 4 12.5%

• >10

• Total voters

Bluebell

How many hours of sleep do you get a night?

And has it changed since starting the Peat diet, and/or since starting thyroid supplement/medication?

I used to be able to sleep about 8-9 hours a night, and felt best when I did.

Now, since on Peat/thyroid, I am sleeping more like 6-7 hours. I naturally wake up after a this smaller amount of sleep, and it seems to be all I need.

It's quite a big difference for me, after a lifetime of the 8-9 hour ideal time.

I expect that euthyroid people would sleep fewer hours than hypothyroid people (not that I am "euthyroid", but it seems my thyroid is happier these days).

Peata

I could have written what you did, Bluebell. I used to be able to outsleep my teenager, and that's just not right, lol. I kept waiting to "grow out of it", where you hear as people get older they need less sleep. It didn't help that I seemed to naturally want to stay up well after midnight.

I notice since really getting into the Peat stuff that I seem to be able to get sleepy earlier and wake up earlier naturally, ready to start the day. It's a new thing for me at age 39, that's for sure.

OP
Bluebell

Bluebell

Thanks, that is so nice to hear someone else got these effects too.

It was quite a noticeable big difference for me. I simply need less sleep now, I still often go to bed too late but then I wake up at a reasonable time anyway. This only happened since peating/thyroid.

Peata

Yeah, I still "fight" sleep too much for my own good and want to stay up late on the computer or reading. But if I apply myself, lol, I can actually get to sleep before midnight. And yet if I do go to bed late, I can still wake up kinda early and not be fatigued all day. It's nice to need less sleep and feel alert and fine all day.

leonardo

I slept somewhat late last night and am up early this morning after about 7 hours of sleep. This may also be related to my reducing the amount of exercise since getting on to a ray peat inspired protocol. Also, taking a bit of royal jelly and this seems to cause me to sleep less.

Beastmode

Amount of sleep hasn't really changed consistently for me, but my ability to fall asleep is massively different now. Used to take me an hour as far back as I can recall (I'm 40 now) and since "Peating" consistently, it typically takes under 20 minutes.

opethfeldt

I sleep 8.5 hours or so if not woken with an alarm. My sleep quantity hasn't changed since I began peating but my sleep quality has improved. Still wake up at least once per night, however. I haven't been able to find a solution for this that works long term. Cypro helped at first but quickly stopped.

GreekDemiGod

If I go clubbing late into the night, I'll only sleep for like 4-5 hours, then I'll wake up.
Generally, I need at least 8h30 to function ok.
Last 2 nights, I took 100mg of Aspirin before bed. Slept 10hrs and 9hrs respectively.

T

TheBeard

Average of 7.

Before antibiotics I would sleep 12h and feel completely exhausted.
Now I'm ok with 7, feel optimal at 9 and rarely push it past 9.

Pre-antibiotics, the nights where I would get only 4hours sleep during traveling I would feel horribly sick and a walking dead, now after 4h I feel tired but I can push through

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals