Where Would You Want To Live Outside Of Society?

HumanLife

Hey guys :). I am thinking of taking a bit of a break from society's stress to give myself a breather in a better lifestyle. I live in Malta, and I can't stand being outside because of the suffocating air pollution. Population density is heavily increasing too, being the densest country in Europe. It's no longer the same Malta I grew up in.

My dream environment would include:

a) Low population density - I believe this has been linked to people being kinder and less stressed in such an environment, which should also help in having good social relationships being around good people. I recall Haidut saying in one of the podcasts with Danny Roddy that a study was made on the cortisol levels of people who lived in high population density areas, and the people who lived mostly alone with minimal stressful activities still had a higher level of cortisol.

b) High altitude - Ray Peat claimed that he read a study in which it was concluded that people living in higher altitudes would be more prone to depression because of their lowered Serotonin. Anyone who knows about Ray Peat should know that this conclusion is not accurate, because Serotonin is more of a stress hormone. Increased Carbon Dioxide is the likely cause of the lowered Serotonin, which can also help with increased temperatures.

c) Food digestion - The food around being much more digestible would be a big boon. Obviously grass-fed cows and free-range, insect fed chickens would also be ideal. I can't seem to stand the foods and health standards are low from my experience, getting food poisoning from time to time.

d) Affordability - I am not planning on having an extremely luxurious life, and I'm not interested in impressing others with what I own.

e) Great sunshine - While the sunshine in my country is great, the air out is awful. I believe that sunlight on your eyes does increase the production dopamine because of its soothing effects. I felt the least anxious in my life when I was working in an office with lots of sunlight.

If anyone knows of such an environment that ticks most or all of the above, it would be greatly appreciated :). I think the above should also be the kind of environment most Peaters (and probably people in general) would like.

What's your ideal environment?

lampofred

South America Andes Mountains high altitude

sunraiser

Maybe you could help out on a farm in NZ or do some seasonal work in a ski resort in Europe, though some are quieter than others. I find the mountains bring a sense of awe, peace, and a sense of adventure all at the same time.

If your spoken English is good you could apply to do teaching in a more remote part of South America or Asia.

Noodlz2

I think parts of New Mexico (Santa Fe and the surrounding areas) and parts of Arizona (around Flagstaff and Sedona) fit the bill. They're high altitude, constantly sunny, generally warm, have cleaner air, are close to good food, and are not so dense (and are probably rural within a moderate drive of high population areas). Might not be the cheapest. Parts of Texas may be good too, like the outskirts of Amarillo. I haven't been to any of these places in person, but am planning on it soon.

Northeast of Brazil. 1000$ per month do the trick.

PTP

I would live alone in a temple surrounded by trees on top of a mountain on a sunny island. At the bottom of this island would exist a harem of beautiful women who would grow fruits and tend to the livestock, probably goat and chicken based. There would be fine waves surrounding this place and each day I would descend and eat the fruits and drink the raw goatmilk and surf warm waters in the nude and enjoy the company of the ladies, before returning to my quiet meditation atop the mountain. There would be a chairlift so I could choose whether to hike up or down or be lazy. I too would have an ozone jacuzzi near the temple, a gun range a little way off, and a library containing more books than I could ever read in my lifetime (you can see Umberto Eco's library for reference).

This is my ideal environment. I don't believe it yet exists.

ebs

I would live alone in a temple surrounded by trees on top of a mountain on a sunny island. At the bottom of this island would exist a harem of beautiful women who would grow fruits and tend to the livestock, probably goat and chicken based. There would be fine waves surrounding this place and each day I would descend and eat the fruits and drink the raw goatmilk and surf warm waters in the nude and enjoy the company of the ladies, before returning to my quiet meditation atop the mountain. There would be a chairlift so I could choose whether to hike up or down or be lazy. I too would have an ozone jacuzzi near the temple, a gun range a little way off, and a library containing more books than I could ever read in my lifetime (you can see Umberto Eco's library for reference).

Sounds like a pretty good environment to me. But it would be great if there is still internet access so I could visit the RP forum to keep up to date with studies and have access to ordering supplements that make the bliss even greater. And a console with an Oled 8k tv for some gaming and watching movies. And last but not least, the possibility to bring over new women that I could chose from a catalogue when the others get older. That would be nice.

Last edited:
I think parts of New Mexico (Santa Fe and the surrounding areas) and parts of Arizona (around Flagstaff and Sedona) fit the bill. They're high altitude, constantly sunny, generally warm, have cleaner air, are close to good food, and are not so dense (and are probably rural within a moderate drive of high population areas). Might not be the cheapest. Parts of Texas may be good too, like the outskirts of Amarillo. I haven't been to any of these places in person, but am planning on it soon.
Santa fe isng great air wise but surrounding areas in northern NM can be great Sedona area can be great but idk about thr city itself. But the red rock geomagnetic vortexes around thede are good. Flagstaff has been ruined by so many fires and fire retardant usage. Williams too.

OP
H

HumanLife

Sorry for the latish reply! I went to Sicily on a tour to relax so I feel good for now, I'm still taking note though for next year!

Maybe you could help out on a farm in NZ or do some seasonal work in a ski resort in Europe, though some are quieter than others. I find the mountains bring a sense of awe, peace, and a sense of adventure all at the same time.

If your spoken English is good you could apply to do teaching in a more remote part of South America or Asia.

Those all sound like great ideas! A school friend I used to talk with a lot did English teaching and would post lots of photos on Facebook about his experience in the mountains.

They all sound good, even if they're very hot temperature-wise. I mentioned maybe going to Mexico to my family and they warned me about the crime and the like, but I think that's inevitable everywhere and just a case of luck. I don't think people should live in areas with thousands of other people in the vicinity. Healthy people should generally be good people, and that might be harder for others with so much environmental stress, either from societal pressure or responsibilities. I see it a lot with my family too, who are good most of the time but just break every now and then, and then break me! Fruit helps a lot though! Amarillo looks pretty cool too, sounds like a good choice!

Northeast of Brazil. 1000$ per month do the trick.

Looks interesting, wouldn't be bad to live there for a bit.

Help Exchange: free volunteer work exchange abroad Australia New Zealand Canada Europe

Here's a website that might be useful to you as well. It's a cultural exchange idea in which you work on a farm or local resort for a few hours a day in exchange for food and accommodation.

Ohh, so it's like Woofing? That sounds very fun! Might meet some really nice looking ladies too! ;)

Ahh, I see you are a man of culture. I believe I can guide you to what you need to focus on. It is true that the place you speak of does not exist for you, but there is a way to make it exist, you just have to dream about it, and if the dream is strong enough, it will feel so real, you will never want to wake up again.

Are there any knowledgable Peaters which can help this chap at increasing his dreaming capabilities to be able to transport himself to this world? I too would like to know... for scientific purposes...

Sounds like a pretty good environment to me. But it would be great if there is still internet access so I could visit the RP forum to keep up to date with studies and have access to ordering supplements that make the bliss even greater. And a console with an Oled 8k tv for some gaming and watching movies. And last but not least, the possibility to bring over new women that I could chose from a catalogue when the others get older. That would be nice.

Regarding the women, I believe we will soon find the recipe for eternal life, even reversing aging, so you may not need to relieve them of their duties, but keep them as part of your harem. You would be able to create a real-life Themyscira! The supplement shall also be aptly named "EternaLife".

I would recommend that too @HumanLife :thumbleft
It‘s green, it‘s high, there‘s cows, fruit and tons of potatoes. 2000-3000m has pleasant weather with sunshine and 25C all year round.

That all sounds really great, especially the potatoes! Cooked potatoes coated in raw butter, just delicious! That's very interesting about the consistent climate, it matches with Malta's more or less too.

PTP

Ahh, I see you are a man of culture. I believe I can guide you to what you need to focus on. It is true that the place you speak of does not exist for you, but there is a way to make it exist, you just have to dream about it, and if the dream is strong enough, it will feel so real, you will never want to wake up again.

Are there any knowledgable Peaters which can help this chap at increasing his dreaming capabilities to be able to transport himself to this world? I too would like to know... for scientific purposes...

Funny you mention this. I am actually a lucid dreamer, I have not been to this island but I have seen and done some wondrous things in the alternative realm of consciousness.

I have had prophetic non-lucid dreams too: I believe the dream world gives us all access to genius.

Amazoniac

I think that the nomadic lifestyle that has becoming trendy is not compatible with work that demands a great deal of attention: moving frequently and adapting to each place is an energy-intensive process, should be distractive. Some people move as soon as they start to adapt, they're hooked to the challenges, which are good for growth, but it's difficult to solve other set of problems when you're busy with route, parking, accommodation, food, acclimatization, and so on. For the same reason, walking on a familiar environment is better to organize thoughts, otherwise the priority is to not get lost, be robbed, attacked by a panther or fall off a cliff.

- The freedom trap: digital nomads and the use of disciplining practices to manage work/leisure boundaries

Because of this, I think that traveling is dangerous, should be regulated as drugs.

Amazoniac

- List of micronations - Wikipedia

Name: Prolactinia
Demonym: Prolactinian or Mentally ill
Language: :thumbsup:
Religion: Peatrocism
Major cities: Outcastia, Animmunizia, OurNAville, Argentown (Argentina is taken), Conspira City, Commoneria, Primitivia, Realham, Wiredia, Capnopolis, Thiaminia, Hormonedisburg, Brodabarnia
Currency: Titcoin
Flag:

1640559946338.png

- List of aspect ratios of national flags - Wikipedia

Anthem:

Will is place?

It's feasible:
- Empire of Stomaria | YouTube

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals