How Are You Teeth? Is Anyone Else Crazy About Oral Health Here?

so the last few days I realized my molars felt a little painful and "loose." I have been taking magnesium. So I started taking some eggshell calcium, and voila, molars are solid again and no pain

Over just a few days.

I consume a lot of dairy but I think the magnesium-calcium "receptors" are somewhat competitive, and the magnesium glycinate was interfering with calcium absorption.

I still visit the dentist, but haven't had to get any dental work done in years. I think the cleanings have been valuable. I never let them x-ray me and I don't accept fluoride treatments.

Birdie

Lol I negotiated cavities with my dentist. She told me I had 3 cavities that needed to be filled. I asked if she was sure, and told her that the last dentist I went to said there weren't any. She said "well, OK maybe two then" I was then told that I would have to get white fillings because the cavities are "so teeny tiny."
Many many years ago I was told I had 6 cavities to fill. I was upset and didn't fill any. I got a second opinion about a year later and the dentist told me I had zero that needed filled. I wasn't on any supplements or special diet that would have helped back then. I am very skeptical of dentists now.
Or heart surgeons, or... :eek:

Birdie

so the last few days I realized my molars felt a little painful and "loose." I have been taking magnesium. So I started taking some eggshell calcium, and voila, molars are solid again and no pain

Over just a few days.

I consume a lot of dairy but I think the magnesium-calcium "receptors" are somewhat competitive, and the magnesium glycinate was interfering with calcium absorption.

I still visit the dentist, but haven't had to get any dental work done in years. I think the cleanings have been valuable. I never let them x-ray me and I don't accept fluoride treatments.
At my last cleaning the hygienist told me that she couldn't do another cleaning without X-rays. It's a constant battle.
I won't do it of course, so..

Oh, good helpful antidote about the eggshell calcium. Noted.

johnwester130

k2
a
d

liver
cheese
fruit
milk
sourdough bread with coconut oil for starch (if you eat starch)

taurine/glycine

The peat basics should do it

lvysaur

In order of decreasing importance:

Don't eat vinegar

Take vitamin K

Brush your teeth daily

I had perfect dental health until the summer when I started eating bruschetta (with vinegar) all the time. This was also before supplementing K.

dbh25

I haven't had any cavities since flossing then brushing my teeth before bed each night. I have some amalgam fillings from many years ago, has anyone gone through the process of replacing amalgam fillings with another material? What's your knowledge on the dangers of amalgam fillings?

Birdie

I haven't had any cavities since flossing then brushing my teeth before bed each night. I have some amalgam fillings from many years ago, has anyone gone through the process of replacing amalgam fillings with another material? What's your knowledge on the dangers of amalgam fillings?
I did get mine replaced in the 90s. At that time, I didn't know about the dangers of the removal process. If I were doing it now, I would do some searches on that. And I'd be careful to go to somebody well informed on the safety measures to follow. But I had no problem with the process that I know of.

My mercury levels were high, so I did chelation therapy and got the amalgams removed.

conhnore

Don't eat vinegar
I had perfect dental health until the summer when I started eating bruschetta (with vinegar) all the time. This was also before supplementing K.

what dental problems did you run into that summer? I have vinegar (and vinegar alone, though sometimes I add salt) with my daily carrot salad.

lvysaur

what dental problems did you run into that summer? I have vinegar (and vinegar alone, though sometimes I add salt) with my daily carrot salad.

Right after summer ended, I chipped a molar while chewing bread.

It might be worth mentioning that I was also eating tomatoes (which are slightly acidic) in the bruschetta, but the vinegar makes that almost negligible.

FredSonoma

k2
a
d

liver
cheese
fruit
milk
sourdough bread with coconut oil for starch (if you eat starch)

taurine/glycine

The peat basics should do it
Just curious, where do you get the sourdough bread? Or by any chance are you making it yourself?

dbh25

I did get mine replaced in the 90s. At that time, I didn't know about the dangers of the removal process. If I were doing it now, I would do some searches on that. And I'd be careful to go to somebody well informed on the safety measures to follow. But I had no problem with the process that I know of.

My mercury levels were high, so I did chelation therapy and got the amalgams removed.

Thanks Birdie. I plan to ask the doctor about a mercury test before looking into filling replacement. Is mercury level a blood test?

X3CyO

Teeth problems in the modern industrialized world are not due to nutrition. It's posture and lack of usage. Lack of chewing.

I agree. Not only does saliva buffer the mouth, but it remineralizes the teeth, changes the jaw shape, and increases overall jaw density.

Im guessing gum would help tremendously. But as for washing teeth.

I brush with a baking soda, activated charcoal, coconut oil, and turpentine mix.

We havent even gone into whether large amounts of minerals are absorbed by the teeth directly via foods either.

I know primates as well as ancient roman culture used urine to keep their teeth white.. is this uric acid at work? Its acidic... i know older urine was better valued, so perhaps it was a more alkaline breakdown product.

Keep the mouth alkaline, but clean with an acid?

Jsaute21

Over just a few days.

Yeah, i think visiting the dentist is important. I appreciate the advice here.

Mossy

Hello all ,
Anyone heard of this technique,

Sounds very interesting:mask::mask::mask:

Hi Elderflower, I stumbled upon that technique a month or so back, and have been doing it. I think it works well.

Since I've started Peating, my teeth and gums have become sensitive -- bleeding gums and a chipped tooth. I think all the acid from the OJ and sugar are too blame. The challenge is to get the acid off ASAP, but not to damage the enamel. I mention this, as it's a challenge for me and it's not something I've completely solved yet. Well, I may have, but I need more time to tell.

That blotting technique you reference has eliminated an inflamed and bleeding gum issue I had. I think it is very good. In addition to that, I rinse my mouth with baking soda, and do oil pulling with coconut oil after I have acidic foods.

Just in case you or anyone else want the in-depth how-to by the inventor of that blotting technique, there's a video on youtube:

Last edited:

Zpol

thanks this is a great thread.

I was told I was going to need gum resection surgery one year (with ever increasing bloody and receding gums up to then), and the next year my dentist said "you have superb oral health" the very next year. I followed the advice of Non-surgical treatment for gum disease, swollen gums, sore bleeding gums, pregnancy gingivitis - Home during the year in between.
The irony is that her recommendation is virtually spot on to what my mom grew up doing! that is using baking soda + salt + a little hydrogen peroxide every night to form a paste to brush with (I added peppermint oil too). Obviously religiously flossing every night helps too. That year, I also rinsed with water after meals too, but I don't do that anymore.
Also, in the mornings, I use Uncle Harry's Natural products Alkalizing toothpaste (includes calcium).

I should add that if I have sensitivity to OJ or soda, I switch to another brand... seems Pepsi is better than Coke in this regard, for me at least. Also, the cheap OJ seems better than the expensive. Weird. Unripe oranges, pineapple, kiwi are a complete no go.

Never been better. I haven't been to a dentist in years and when I first came across Dr. Peat's work almost 2 years ago, I had some mild but worrisome sensitivity in my molars. That has since gone away completely. FWIW, I drink a lot of soda and eat generous amounts of desserts, candies, and other "garbage" foods--far more than most Peatarians it would seem.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals