What Do You Know About IP6/IP-6/inositol Hexaphosphate/phytate/phytic Acid?

Dave Clark

I've been taking Cell Forte IP-6 & Inositol since Aug 2019. I take 10 pills a day at night, lately for a few months now.
I stumbled upon it when I had TERRIBLE insomnia...
I keep taking it.
Any issue? Its not a miracle cure for insomnia but it I think it helps...
I was re-evaluating my supps and I did not really find a Peat reason to stop this...
Isn't Peat against phytic acid? He feels it is a plant toxin, which along with others, he doesn't like. I have never seen anything since I have been on the forum that shows Peat likes IP-6. If someone has something, please post.

Locutus

Isn't Peat against phytic acid? He feels it is a plant toxin, which along with others, he doesn't like. I have never seen anything since I have been on the forum that shows Peat likes IP-6. If someone has something, please post.

I will taper off and see what happens...

Dave Clark

I will taper off and see what happens...
Peat has his opinion on phytic acid, however, studies show positive benefits using IP-6, the most notable is for reducing free iron {which Peat is in favor of}, and the effects of preventing and treating cancer. Personally, I believe it is plausible that consuming phytic acid with foods may compromise mineral absorption, but the intake of IP-6 away from food should not have that problem, and studies have shown no reduced mineral status using IP-6 in that fashion. Actually, I think many people are fear mongered about phytic acid, and are missing the benefits of using IP-6.

Cynthia386

As an addendum:

"The most consistent and best anticancer results were obtained from the combination of IP6 plus inositol."

Source: Cancer inhibition by inositol hexaphosphate (IP6) and inositol: from laboratory to clinic. - PubMed - NCBI

This is a recurrent theme throughout literature, IP6 + inositol in the right ratio produces the best anti-cancer effects.
I stopped taking IP6 for cancer because of low iron/low red blood cells. Was that a mistake? I really need my nk cells because I am in immunotherapy now.

Dave Clark

I stopped taking IP6 for cancer because of low iron/low red blood cells. Was that a mistake? I really need my nk cells because I am in immunotherapy now.
My understanding is that IP-6 will bind with 'free iron', but not with properly bound iron that is bound to protein carriers.
What is important to know from the research and what Dr. Shamsuddin and others write is that IP6/ Phytic Acid binds to excess or free iron. However, it does not bind to properly stored iron otherwise there would be a risk of creating anemia which is not the case.

LLight

From the book of the researcher on IP6:
Coming back to chelation, yes, inositol hexaphosphoric acid can chelate minerals in the test tube in the laboratory setting; but please keep in mind that inositol hexaphosphoric acid does not exist in nature and I sincerely hope that no one is marketing it as a dietary supplement, it would be criminal! No, the naturally occurring salts of inositol hexaphosphate (sold as the dietary supplements) do not cause the chelation in a normal individual (in conditions of excess iron or copper, the supplement has been found to chelate them to the benefit of the consumer!); they already are attached with the minerals calcium and magnesium!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals