How Are You Teeth? Is Anyone Else Crazy About Oral Health Here?

I just started using haiduts vitamin K(Kuinone) and am not having that issue anymore, quite the contrary. I was flossing a couple days ago and a big chunk of tartar fell off. I kinda freaked out at first because I thought it was a piece of tooth. But after further inspection it was indeed a big chunk of tartar. Been using it steady for about 2 weeks now and so far so good.

Don't the DMSO guys say it's good for teeth?

Peata

I just started using haiduts vitamin K(Kuinone) and am not having that issue anymore, quite the contrary. I was flossing a couple days ago and a big chunk of tartar fell off. I kinda freaked out at first because I thought it was a piece of tooth. But after further inspection it was indeed a big chunk of tartar. Been using it steady for about 2 weeks now and so far so good.

That's great, Charlie. How much K2 are you getting each day from it?

Birdie

S_S,
I tried it once or twice and couldn't get past the taste.
Question: Do you know anything about the safety of nano-hydroxyapatite toothpaste?

achillea

I had tooth in the front lower that was so sore at the gum line for 3 years. I could barely brush it. Two dentists looked at it and said all was fine. Finally I started oil pulling with coconut oil and a couple of drops of clove oil or peppermint oil and in a few weeks all the pain is gone and I can brush and floss the tooth. Also been taking D/K2 by Thorne which is also an aid.

S_S,
I tried it once or twice and couldn't get past the taste.
Question: Do you know anything about the safety of nano-hydroxyapatite toothpaste?

No but can't be worse than fluorine :ss

SaltGirl

I have experimented with vitamins and Vitamin A seems to increase tooth sensitivity. However, I have also discovered that my teeth get better when I add Vitamin D into the mix. Basically my teeth hurt when I am lazy taking Vitamin D.

Ulla

Can the rest who are taking K2 also state how much you take per day?
Hey.

10 drops of Thorne's vit K/D:
  • 1 mg of vitamin K and 5000 IU vitamin D
After a week of that protocol I stopped it because of some other reasons (related to vitamin D) and that pain came back.
In last past days I took it twice - only 3 drops - pain was milder.

In a few days I will restart that protocol (10 drops every other day).
I am quite confident that pain will go away again. It was really a stable, good feeling while flossing. It must had been vitamin K.

OP
W

welshwing

K2 is actually really helpful for this. I think K2 moves minerals to the right place. So if you have calcium, vitamin D helps absorb it and K2 will move it to places where it's needed. I think, don't know for sure.

I didn't know tartar could come off!? thanks charlie, I will start using K2 before flossing.

OP
W

welshwing

I have a mouth full of large amalgam fillings (13ish?) from my college years, when I was constantly sleep-deprived and fueled by Mountain Dew and energy drinks. :doh I only recently started getting some cavities again (8 years later) along with gum recession. I probably don't get enough calcium and am also wondering if my taking Vit. A without D and K may have caused issues, so I recently added those in. I brush 2x/day (modified Bass method), floss nightly, rinse with water after eating and pop a couple of xylitol mints after meals. I tried oil pulling with coconut oil and feel that it actually made my teeth more yellow and sensitive, like it was stripping them or something. After trying more natural toothpastes like Earthpaste for months in an attempt to remineralize my teeth with little change, I caved and just started using ACT Fluoride rinse + MI Paste, so we'll see how that goes!

Fillings are okay, don't be so hard on yourself because most people have lots of cavities by the time they're old enough to go to college. Your teeth are sensitive whenever a dentist scrapes off the tartar because it exposes the tooth underneath, maybe that's why yours felt "Stripped". I think water pulling is just as effective as oil pulling, I don't brush with fluoride/commercial toothpastes but with a bar of natural soap (it works, it's mostly made of edible oils including coconut), I'm not sure if fluoride is bad or good.

If this is the modified bass method you use, this is the best way to brush. But be very gentle brushing the gumline. Notice they say it's for people "without fum recession". If you hold your toothbrush with your ring finger, that's the finger of least force.

I think A is less important than the others for teeth health. If you can eat dairy/milk it's easy to get enough calcium. Vitamin D from sunlight and K from kale broth. These few ideas give you calcium, K2 and D with barely any calories consumed so you should more easily get enough from now on.

Kasper

I'm wondering if the high vitamin E content of other vitamin K products could have caused problems in the past. I've seen some studies showing that vitamin E can cause tooth problems.

By the way, how do you apply it? Topically, on the gums? Or orally?

Shrimp

Fillings are okay, don't be so hard on yourself because most people have lots of cavities by the time they're old enough to go to college. Your teeth are sensitive whenever a dentist scrapes off the tartar because it exposes the tooth underneath, maybe that's why yours felt "Stripped". I think water pulling is just as effective as oil pulling, I don't brush with fluoride/commercial toothpastes but with a bar of natural soap (it works, it's mostly made of edible oils including coconut), I'm not sure if fluoride is bad or good.

If this is the modified bass method you use, this is the best way to brush. But be very gentle brushing the gumline. Notice they say it's for people "without fum recession". If you hold your toothbrush with your ring finger, that's the finger of least force.

I think A is less important than the others for teeth health. If you can eat dairy/milk it's easy to get enough calcium. Vitamin D from sunlight and K from kale broth. These few ideas give you calcium, K2 and D with barely any calories consumed so you should more easily get enough from now on.
Thanks, I do tend to beat myself up a bit over all the fillings but no sense in dwelling on what can't be changed! From my reading, it seems that topical fluoride can really help with remineralization and protecting the teeth from acids, while ingestion of fluoride in water and pills is mostly harmful. I noticed that the Bass video mentioned not to use with gum recession but I haven't found a better alternative, I think if you do it very gently like you suggest it is fine. I take the Vit. A for acne but thought that it might be depleting Vit. D somehow and causing issues, as I get very little D from sun due to my location and work schedule. I think fat soluble nutrient status is probably the most important thing in tooth health, along with not letting acidic foods sit on the teeth.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
I dunno. Wouldn't be surprised though cause it seems like DMSO is the bees knees.

How much K2 are you getting each day from it?
I took one drop for a few days, the 2 drops for a few more. Took 4 drops yesterday, and will probably do 4 drops again today, spread out. Gonna ramp it up slowly.

By the way, how do you apply it?
I take it topically and then with the finger I use to spread it on topically I will put that on my tongue. I change up the places I use it topically, one day back of one hand, next day back of other hand, then wrists, then the place where they draw blood usually, top of feet, and that's about it.

Vita3

I wonder how much vitamins can be absorbed topically?
I rub vit.K2 on my legs with vit.D3 and A.

I damaged my already weak teeth on a raw vegan diet :/

I am waiting for a solution for rebuilding enamel if that's possible or if I have funds to have vaneers, but that's agressive method.

On the front on my tooth I can see my enamel start to be damaged and this tooth was ok :(
The doctor wanted put filling.

It seems some people have stronger teeth that others.

I cannot eat any acid fruits, even too sweet like dates cause a pain.

Birdie

I've been reading about nano-hydroxyapatite toothpaste. Here is a little blurb:

So, there is nothing wrong with a toothpaste with fluoride, if you don't swallow. However the critical part of remineralization is done by hydroxyapatite, of which saliva is the donor. Buying toothpaste with hydroxyapatite makes more sense, since you are helping saliva out. But be sure that the hydroxyapatite is the right size, that is, not too large a particle. It should be in the "nano" particle size, about 20-50nm in size, since if it bigger than that it will be too large to fit in the canals between the crystallites in the enamel, which are around 50-60nm wide. Particles this size are very expensive, but worth their weight in gold (or even platinum). And don't buy toothpastes that have "components" that could make up hydroxyapatite. The same components could make up tartar in certain conditions. And that you don't want.

OP
W

welshwing

No acid foods, sugar isn't bad though, only if you have lots of bacteria that converts sugar into acid.

Acid is the only thing that can weaken enamel. Technically if you eliminated acid in your mouth, your teeth would never get worse (unless you break them with traumatic force). Acid comes from bad diet (low saliva pH), acidic foods (OJ, vinegar, cottage cheese...), oral bacteria converting sugar into acid (this is why you should wash your mouth with water during eating), acid reflux (eating something before bed that is acidic when digested, like milk, and coughing up acid while you sleep)

I hope there's a way to remineralize enamel soon, I'm sure scientists can invent one soon. But I mean restore teeth visibly, most people who claim to reverse enamel loss have no picture proof. Maybe if they study the process of teeth formation they can make something to really restore lost enamel (this would greatly harm the dental industry that relies on cavities and fillings).

Last edited:
OP
W

welshwing

How to eliminate pain associated with tooth decay | USC

NewEnamel.165712-300x219.jpeg

Enamel substitute gel study

Last edited:

secl0rum

27, never had a cavity didn't really floss all too much outside of using a "Water Pick" and gargling. I brushed regularly for most of my life, however for the last 5 years or so I have been on a off on cycle when it comes to brushing (either I'm brushing breakfast/dinner, or just breakfast).

I also have always been keen with milk and other dairy products, which may be why my teeth haven't gotten cavities. However, I'm not going to go with that simply because from what I understand Calcium/VitD are used commonly for strengthening bones and isn't particularly known for the degradation or the rotting of them (essentially a cavity is "tooth rot", or no?), and while stronger teeth would be a sound explanation for it all I don't think that could be the whole explanation. While I've not suffered any form of cavity 3 of my front teeth were chipped during an incident several summers ago, and the teeth that were chipped have not turned any form of gray or black/green that has been commonly associated with cavities and tooth decay (ayeeee tooth rot).

I really like this thread, and will be following it! :3

&&

Thanks for accepting me to your community! Looking forward to learning from the wisdom here!

Birdie

Welcome seciOrum and thanks for that ^.
Glad to hear from somebody with zero cavities.
My brother was like that. Don't know now...

Have you used fluoride at all?
I think that my 71 year old acquaintance with no cavities has always used fluoride.
Also she uses water pick, floss, brushing... Probably watches acidic foods. When I used to know her better, she was off sugar.

heartnhands

Why does oral health matter? It's mostly about tooth extractions, if it is pulled out your jaw/face bone shrinks. This looks less good facially and also causes health problems.

Prevent extractions and gum disease by getting enough calcium & vitamin D in your diet, remove acids from teeth with water, brush gums (to increase blood flow), gently brush & floss teeth at least once a day (to remove plaque).

I've never had a cavity all my life (which is rare) due to high calcium + vitamin D diet (milk with added D). I never brushed or anything as a kid either. If I never got a cavity just from following that 1 rule, what if you followed all of them? I'm taking my own advice.

With low thyroid its all the more important to also have a little anti-biotic if the gums show any signs of receding.
Why does oral health matter? It's mostly about tooth extractions, if it is pulled out your jaw/face bone shrinks. This looks less good facially and also causes health problems

I've never had a cavity all my life (which is rare) due to high calcium + vitamin D diet (milk with added D). I never brushed or anything as a kid either. If I never got a cavity just from following that 1 rule, what if you followed all of them? I'm taking my own advice.

Congrats on the no cavity...Great going!

I'm sure that the amount of cavities one has is also a factor of how aggressive their dentist is in "finding" cavities.

Lol I negotiated cavities with my dentist. She told me I had 3 cavities that needed to be filled. I asked if she was sure, and told her that the last dentist I went to said there weren't any. She said "well, OK maybe two then" I was then told that I would have to get white fillings because the cavities are "so teeny tiny."
Many many years ago I was told I had 6 cavities to fill. I was upset and didn't fill any. I got a second opinion about a year later and the dentist told me I had zero that needed filled. I wasn't on any supplements or special diet that would have helped back then. I am very skeptical of dentists now.

Last edited by a moderator:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals