Help With Dissolving DHEA In Estroban

frant26

I have a full bottle of Estroban with 450 drops in it.

(Transferred from one container to another, counted every drop, that results in about 25mg of product per drop.)

I want to mix DHEA powder in the Estroban for topical application.

Am I correct assuming that absorption in this oil (MCT? olive oil? @haidut ) is roughly 20% ?

If so, to get 10mg DHEA effectively I should put 50mg per application (8 drops). Resulting in 6.25mg per drop. Therefore in my 450 drop bottle I have to add 450*6.25mg = 2812.5mg of DHEA powder.

Is this math correct? Will almost 3 grams of DHEA even dissolve in this oily solution?

milk_lover

I think the math looks correct to me. When you dissolve substance A into something, the total volume of the solution almost stays the same, but the total mass increases by the same weight as substance A. So you will almost have the same number of total drops, 450 drops (a drop is a volume unit) but instead of having each drop weighing 25mg, the modified drop will have an extra weight of (total mass of DHEA/450 drops).So your calculation of 2812.5/450 = 6.25mg of DHEA per drop seems correct I think. If you apply 8 drops on your skin, you will get 50mg and let's say 30% is absorbed (for conservatism, I chose a higher percentage than your 20% because the more DHEA, the more chance it gets converted to estrogen), you will get 15mg of DHEA, which is a lot per dose. Haidut advises 1/3 of that per dose to minimize the conversion to estrogen issue. So roughly speaking, 3 drops will be good. I think DHEA dissolves fine in oil and in alcohol. So I think it will dissolve in estroban.

milk_lover

Also, I think it's good to shake it well to distribute the DHEA granules uniformly in the oil so you get consistent amounts per drop.

OP
frant26

frant26

Also, I think it's good to shake it well to distribute the DHEA granules uniformly in the oil so you get consistent amounts per drop.

Fantastic, thanks! I made a test with 100 drops in another plastic bottle, threw in ~400mg which would be 32mg per 8-drop application (@ 30% it's 10mg MAX; in any case all A, D, E, K are antiestrogenic *and* the DHEA is being applied topically which means little to none should get converted to estrogen, haidut has explained this in other threads). I think it needs to be heated up just slightly to dissolve well. The drops didn't seem to come out too fluidly from the container.

haidut

Forum Supporter

(Transferred from one container to another, counted every drop, that results in about 25mg of product per drop.)

Am I correct assuming that absorption in this oil (MCT? olive oil? @haidut ) is roughly 20% ?

If so, to get 10mg DHEA effectively I should put 50mg per application (8 drops). Resulting in 6.25mg per drop. Therefore in my 450 drop bottle I have to add 450*6.25mg = 2812.5mg of DHEA powder.

Is this math correct? Will almost 3 grams of DHEA even dissolve in this oily solution?

I'd say absorption may be as high as 30%. It is better to assume slightly higher absorption when it comes to DHEA so you don't end up getting too much absorbed and increasing estrogen.

johnwester130

also curious about this

I am going to try and dissolve it in healthnatura vitamin E

however you may be overcomplicating things.

if there are 450 drops, add in 450mg for 1mg per drop.
900mg for 2mg per drop etc

however i could be completely wrong due to the fact the oil may only be able to hold a certain amount of mg

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals