IdeaLabs In Yer Eye!

OP
cjm

cjm

I need brain energy so I can extinguish harmful and persistent thinking.

^Reminder of the goal of putting sh*t in the eye^

I remain in my head. My "ocular segment" (ref: Reich) aka my eyes have not released. Tight forehead, mask-like appearance, trouble moving eyes without moving neck, echoes of music or people's voices from days and weeks ago. Total bind.

I gave saline a try again. Not without a minor snafu, of course.

I emptied a Navage (sinus clearer) pod in an empty Idealabs bottle and put a drop in each eye. Woo boy, it was NOT isotonic. It's super concentrated in order to dilute for use in the Navage machine. I don't know what the concentration is, 30-40%?

It hurt but not for too long, not anything like the full mg of MB.

Going forward, I will try hypertonic (let's say 2%) and see where the pain threshold is.

My focus is GABA, feeling what that feels like.

Salt Enhances/potentiates GABA

~~~

Side note: What I really want to try is VR therapy, something invasive but targeted and low-risk. A novel chain breaker!

"Recently, Dr. Barbara Goldenberg developed a further technique in mobilizing the eyes by, the use of a moving light upon which the eyes focus. This seems to be an important breakthrough in therapeutic technique. Here she offers the following comments on the use of the light:

I believe the light affords a unique opportunity for getting at the deep armoring in the brain parenchyma, hitherto untouched except indirectly through mobilizing the eyes. One may postulate two factors at work: (1) the direct photic stimulation of the brain substance itself, and (2) the pushing of the patient beyond the visual stimulus threshold so that he is forced to give up holding in the eyes."

The American College of Orgonomy
(excerpt from a book about Reich)

CreakyJoints

I have an unusual exercise to recommend, but I am concerned about sharing details of it here - I'll send you a message about it.

OP
cjm

cjm

I'm doing another experiment with Tyronene. The alcohol in the Idealabs supps has kept me from making eye drops with them but I think I was mistaken about how little ethanol the eye could handle.

Two drops Tyronene in 30 ml isotonic saline. 16mcg T3. I think it's .05% concentration. My favorite commerical eye drop Zaditor (ketotifen) is .03%.

No irritation from the ethanol. I think this Tyronene is a winter version, ie 60% ethanol, compared to 30% in summer (heat, combustibility). Still, my fear of the ethanol was unfounded.

OP
cjm

cjm

Cromolyn sodium, known as Nasalcrom, is available for purchase as an ophthalmic solution.

I nearly drank this stuff when I used it as a nasal spray. It deserves more mention as a Peaty steady.

I poured some Nasalcrom into an old Zaditor bottle and wetted my eyes.

It's nice. I can feel the action in my intestines.

OP
cjm

cjm

Anther interestingly formulated eye drops.

Very cool. Riboflavin (B2), lysine, and others. Local benefits based on metabolic principles. Probably systemic as well since it's presumably getting into the brain.

"per 100 ml of solution:
  • Riboflavin phosphate (vitamin B2) 0.05 g;
  • L-proline 0.0752 g;
  • L-glycine 0.1 g;
  • L-lysine hydrochloride 0.0140 g;
  • L-leucine 0.0108 g;
  • disodium EDTA 0.1 g;
  • hyaluronic acid sodium salt 0.15 g;
  • sodium chloride 0.43 g;
  • sodium dihydrogen phosphate, dihydrate 0.225 g;
  • dibasic sodium phosphate dihydrate 0.685 g;
  • N-hydroxymethyl glycinate 0.002 g;
  • purified water. Isotonic solution pH 7.2."
"...lysine and leucine are fundamental for the structural stability of collagen in various human connective tissues and especially in the stroma."

"L-glycine is a central inhibitory neurotransmitter that improves metabolic processes. Has a positive effect on muscular dystrophies."

Most of this makes sense, except for the "antimetabolic effect":

"Indications for use:
  • Degenerative changes in the cornea: keratoconus, keratoglobus, etc. (stabilization of the tear film, antioxidant effect, anti-edema effect, immunocorrective effect, neurotransmitter effect). Corneal dystrophic changes (stabilization of the tear film, antioxidant effect, anti-edema effect, hypoglycemic effect).
    Hypolacrimia (stabilization of the tear film, immunocorrective action).
  • Before and after keratorefractive surgeries: photorefractive keratotomy, LASIK, etc. (antioxidant effect, neurotransmitter effect, immunocorrective effect, hypoglycemic effect, anti-edema effect).
  • Manipulations, diagnostic and surgical interventions in the anterior segment of the eye: crosslinking, phacoemulsification, keratoplasty, etc. (stabilization of the tear film, antioxidant effect, neurotransmitter effect, antimetabolic effect, decongestant effect, antibacterial effect). Eye trauma (antibacterial effect, stabilization of the tear film, antioxidant effect, neurotransmitter effect, decongestant).
  • Refractive errors: hyperopia, myopia, astigmatism (stabilization of the tear film, antioxidant effect, neurotransmitter effect). Prolonged use of contact lenses (stabilization of the tear film, antioxidant effect, anti-edema effect, immunocorrective effect, neurotransmitter effect)."

Last edited:

Inaut

Interesting thread @cjm

I am now of the mind state that complete healing can be done through the eyes, whether that be through light, supplements, eye movements or a combination of all three. A prime example is bilateral eye movements. I notice that if I’m stressed or stuck in a thought, I can move my eyes side to side until my vision gets blurry. When I stop, I feel a little sleepy but can also take a deep breath that I wouldn’t be able to do if I was stuck in the stressful thought.

Thank you and please keep up the quality experiment/research

OP
cjm

cjm

Interesting thread @cjm

I am now of the mind state that complete healing can be done through the eyes, whether that be through light, supplements, eye movements or a combination of all three. A prime example is bilateral eye movements. I notice that if I’m stressed or stuck in a thought, I can move my eyes side to side until my vision gets blurry. When I stop, I feel a little sleepy but can also take a deep breath that I wouldn’t be able to do if I was stuck in the stressful thought.

Thank you and please keep up the quality experiment/research

Exercises are a neglected part of my therapy. Thanks for sharing, this is useful.

LeeLemonoil

Trehalose might be good for corneal health

OP
cjm

cjm

Lidocaine is used as an ophthalmic anesthetic for eye surgery.

"Active Ingredient: Lidocaine Hydrochloride 35mg (3.5%)."

Akten is a 1ml solution.

My weighing scale is busted so I made a roughly-1% solution and am currently experimenting.

OP
cjm

cjm

Lidocaine is used as an ophthalmic anesthetic for eye surgery.

"Active Ingredient: Lidocaine Hydrochloride 35mg (3.5%)."

Akten is a 1ml solution.

My weighing scale is busted so I made a roughly-1% solution and am currently experimenting.

I've been using this same 1% lidocaine-contact lens solution at my new mostly-outdoors job to reduce squinting and sensitivity to the dang sun, and it's working in that regard, and also having the side effect of my eyes not looking so excited/terrified.

@LeeLemonoil Do you feel this is safe to use after 7 months on the shelf?

A couple cherry-picked studies:

“...topical administration of lidocaine 2% gel can be used as an alternative method of anaesthesia in pterygium surgery, especially for patients with needle phobia.” Efficacy of lidocaine 2% gel in pterygium surgery (Oksuz & Tamer, 2005)

“Bright light can cause ocular discomfort and/or pain; however, the mechanism linking luminance to trigeminal nerve activity is not known. In this study we identify a novel reflex circuit necessary for bright light to excite nociceptive neurons in superficial laminae of trigeminal subnucleus caudalis (Vc/C1). Vc/C1 neurons encoded light intensity and displayed a long delay (>10 s) for activation. Microinjection of lidocaine into the eye or trigeminal root ganglion (TRG) inhibited light responses completely, whereas topical application onto the ocular surface had no effect.” Bright light activates a trigeminal nociceptive pathway (Okamoto et al., 2010)

Last edited:
OP
cjm

cjm

I challenge you to a casual experiment wherein you apply a drop of dilute topical lidocaine to your eyes and see if you can increase your bilateral range of motion/vision as you do the exercise.

OP
cjm

cjm

I think the nexus of inflammation, the source of the problems, is somewhere in my face/sinuses.

complete healing can be done through the eyes

Something struck me as I was paging through a TCM book I purchased based on @tyw's mention (he was so measured with his language, I don't remember it being exactly an endorsement or recommendation but a starting point -- The Secret Teachings of Chinese Energetic Medicine, Volume 1: Energetic Anatomy and Physiology by Professor Jerry Alan Johnson):

"The Palace of the Gall Bladder embodies
the Essence of the Six Yang Organs.
In the middle of this special area sits a Virgin Boy,
shining with a powerful brightness.
Externally, the Virgin Boy oversees
the area between the root of the nose
and the pupils of the eyes."

PXL_20230715_180343641.jpg

---The Gall Bladder is the only Yang organ that does not communicate with the exterior directly and rather is mediated through the Sense Organs:

PXL_20230715_181506083.MP.jpg

---"The liver, to the extent that it's injured, will ruin the whole organism. It's the chemist for the whole organism." - RP

dan 2.jpg

---If the liver is the chemist, who is the gall bladder?

Last edited:
OP
cjm

cjm

---If the liver is the chemist, who is the gall bladder?

In TCM, the gallbladder is personified as a Virgin Boy.

He's the bright-eyed protégé and the seed of the next cycle:

"The Eyes are the Officers of the Liver
Underneath this special province [of the Palace of the Liver]
sits the Spirit of a Virgin Male Child.
To all who pass, he is the key to a bright, intelligent new beginning
and will externally respond in Eyes that shine clear like the Sun and Moon.

The Virgin Male Child regulates the Liver function"

PXL_20230716_172332106.MP.jpg

OP
cjm

cjm

---"The liver, to the extent that it's injured, will ruin the whole organism. It's the chemist for the whole organism." - RP

In TCM, the six Fu [Yang] organs are roughly the GI tract, including the bladder, and the liver energizes them and empowers the empire of the Three Lights, the head, heart, and lower abdomen.

PXL_20230716_172332106.MP.jpg

Last edited:
OP
cjm

cjm

PXL_20230716_172049103.MP.jpg

Reich said the optic chiasma, where the optic nerves cross

Right hemi yang, left hemi yin.

PXL_20230716_194145298.MP.jpg

[image source: The Master and his Emissary: The Divided Brain and the Making of the Western World by Iain McGilchrist]

OP
cjm

cjm

Lithium carbonate is approved, by me, through the eyes, for the system.

In about 5 ml of saline/contact solution, I used the amount that you can fit on one of the small squares on a SIM card. About that much.

I applied 3-4 drops per eye.

My appetite is up -- way up -- and I am just demolishing junk food.